Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    Plus both need the means to land those things more consistently. The major resist for NMs is the reason GEO is so loved. The Mobs resist normal spells, so the that is what needs to be addressed. Not GEO, you're not solving the problem, you're only making it worse.
    Mobs having such obscene magic evasion to the point where 95% of your spell book is rendered pointless to use is really annoying.
    I'm not sure why they think it's good to have that, it adds zero depth and just makes it less fun to play as 95% of your tools simply don't function. No debuffs in the game are so overpowered that if they landed 100% of the time they'd make the game a joke or enemies worthless. Hilariously enough, the debuffs that ARE overpowered CANNOT be resisted(geo spells).

I want debuffs to have 100% land rate on anything with a moderate amount of magical accuracy gear and for jobs like NIN to not have problems getting unresisted nukes with a moderate amount of macc gear for their nuke set.

Insane magic evasion values for mobs needs to go away and never come back, it adds nothing to the games combat, it simply takes away a lot of ways to play and viable strategies and reduces your job(s) to basically mashing your WS button over and over in a lot of cases, or for something like a RDM rendered completely worthless or a cure/buff bot.

Boring.

edit:

I think I should make a thread purely about this subject, honestly.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 12-29-2016 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Mobs having such obscene magic evasion to the point where 95% of your spell book is rendered pointless to use is really annoying.
    I'm not sure why they think it's good to have that, it adds zero depth and just makes it less fun to play as 95% of your tools simply don't function. No debuffs in the game are so overpowered that if they landed 100% of the time they'd make the game a joke or enemies worthless. Hilariously enough, the debuffs that ARE overpowered CANNOT be resisted(geo spells).

I want debuffs to have 100% land rate on anything with a moderate amount of magical accuracy gear and for jobs like NIN to not have problems getting unresisted nukes with a moderate amount of macc gear for their nuke set.

Insane magic evasion values for mobs needs to go away and never come back, it adds nothing to the games combat, it simply takes away a lot of ways to play and viable strategies and reduces your job(s) to basically mashing your WS button over and over in a lot of cases, or for something like a RDM rendered completely worthless or a cure/buff bot.

Boring.

edit:

I think I should make a thread purely about this subject, honestly.
    But that's the thing. It's the Mobs themselves and the immunobreak system that's part of the problem. As well, as RDM and BRD don't get JT/JA or Songs/Spells to make up for the facts they can be resisted. SCH, NIN, WHM, DNC all have things to to switch modes to boost things

SCH's arts make up it's lower base skill caps in either fields, as well as JA's that convert Single Target to AoE or Perform SCs.
    DNC's Saber and Fan Dances, while merited, are still good when used in certain situations
    NIN gets Yonin/Innin which should give it the the means to tanks or DD
    WHMs mostly stay in one mode, but the other does have it's benefits.

COR could benefit from a DD and Support Mode. Where in DD mode their power goes up greatly but perhaps cost a die slot. Where a support mode would allow for a 3rd die, but limits or increases the timer for Elemental Card Shots.

RDM and BRD could also have modes similiar to this. RDM gained a JA like BRD's Pianissimo to cast self targeting spells on others. Give RDM access to Enlight and endark, change the En-spells to boost the power of enfeebling of matching types like the COR elemental shots. There's lots of positive solutions that can be made.
    (2)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 12-29-2016 at 02:28 AM.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Quote Originally Posted by Jin_Uzuki View Post
    You need to buff 1 job, Bard. Who should get a buff because it's not properly updated to deal with modern FFXI endgame anyway.
    This is the answer in its entirety.

When bard came out, it was the only spell haste besides the white magic spell.

It offered the only accuracy boost buff other than what jobs brought (edit:and food)

The attack boost that Minuets offered, while always static, was larger in relation to 75-era attack values than it is today. A google image search was the best I could come up with. I did search for "ws sets" because that gave me more equipment panel results than "equipment screen" or anything like it.

Very well geared DD sporting WS sets that weren't half of what my PLD tanks in (str and attack numbers, specifically)

In an era when haste on a piece of gear was "neat", bard's haste songs (closest thing cor has/had is delay reduction, which is not as good before magic-haste cap) were amazing.

You can say Bard was never game breaking but it absolutely was. Madrigals, Marches, Ballads, and more, were the reason people did everything from win top-end fights to get 30k exp (!) an hour. The truth is, nerfing GEO "to the ground" isn't going to fix Bard's problems. There was a reason that alliances had 3 bards, and it wasn't so each party got one.

The job needs a mechanic overhaul, a little bit of love towards dispel interaction with songs, and some interesting songs baseline to the job. The songs are only bland by today's standards.
    (2)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 12-29-2016 at 05:35 AM.

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    We should just reduce the 22 jobs we have now to just four. Geomancer, a singular tank job, one healer, and a DPS class.

That would fix everything.
    (6)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Urthdigger View Post
    We should just reduce the 22 jobs we have now to just four. Geomancer, a singular tank job, one healer, and a DPS class.

That would fix everything.
    No, because then we still need to nerf geomancer into the ground...then we must choose which healer and DD class, which would lead to begging to nerf them into ground because they got chosen over other jobs.

There is no solution to having fallacy mentality
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Thanks for all the feedback on this.

The development team is currently looking into overall adjustments to enfeebling magic as well as enhancing magic, and this also includes the stats that monsters possess. The team is in the midst of testing, so once there is some follow-up information we’ll be sure to share.
    (8)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback on this.

The development team is currently looking into overall adjustments to enfeebling magic as well as enhancing magic, and this also includes the stats that monsters possess. The team is in the midst of testing, so once there is some follow-up information we’ll be sure to share.
    I hope they do consider adjustments when they reach a conclusion for spells that fall under those categories and stuff. One example in my opinion like boost phalanx spells and on top of it have enhancing magic skill influence it even further than it's current state. For the moment I can't think of anything else that comes to mind, so just listing one example.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Zuidar View Post
    I hope they do consider adjustments when they reach a conclusion for spells that fall under those categories and stuff. One example in my opinion like boost phalanx spells and on top of it have enhancing magic skill influence it even further than it's current state. For the moment I can't think of anything else that comes to mind, so just listing one example.
    I hope that applies to SMN's wards as well >_>;
    (1)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Probably end up just being some spells going to 600 skill, as for Enfeebling, been burned too much in the past to hold out for much.

Still I hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    I hope that applies to SMN's wards as well >_>;
    Because Summon really needs more buffs right now?
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Barspells and enspells could use a boost too. Another thing they should change is how the gear works. Namely +phalanx gear currently only counts on the person being cast on not the one casting and iirc enspells do something similar and tier 2 is recalculated each time you attack which should be changed and could given the strength of runes could easily take off the first hit restriction. Should also change most the self only buffs into targeted within pt. Maybe take off the self only restriction on the bonus to composure as well.

Enfeebling... so many things. System wide parts of it need fixed like get rid of full resist (ie make a 1/2 or 1/4 resist be the minimum similar to nukes), pretty much every spell needs a potency increase and many need to have their effects changed/or effects added to them. Need to make the +enfeeble effect gear work on all enfeeble spells, more enhance enfeeble gear, make saboteur work on all enfeeble spells AND take away the nerf on nms, and either just make T2/t3 enfeebles available without merits or add a T3/t4
    (0)

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast