Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Character
    Clemontine
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 5
    What can be done, though? Make BRD songs scale higher? Be % based (with a minimum?) RDM needs massively increased MACC on its enfeebles. But if it can reliably land enfeebles, given how powerful they are, that could trivialize content.
    (0)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I have confidence they didn't just add content without considering any impact on the game's difficulty being what they wanted.

To ask the question back to you. Have they said they didn't consider GEO making the game too easy? If Aeonics are a line to be drawn, a lot of the player base still can't complete aeonics with a GEO. Let alone a lot of content.

I'm not understanding how..
    I've talked to many, many people who have been clearing Aeonic NM's for months now.
    They say none of them require a geo, only master trials do.
    Equates to remove this job from the game or make it impossible to play. I assure you 75% will make it unplayable.

It feels like vengeance, not game balance.
    (0)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by PristineChicken View Post
    What can be done, though? Make BRD songs scale higher? Be % based (with a minimum?) RDM needs massively increased MACC on its enfeebles. But if it can reliably land enfeebles, given how powerful they are, that could trivialize content.
    The solutions are many. The only issue I do agree with Geomancer is it has a monopoly on certain debuffs and buffs. Due to potency differences, ability to land alternatives, etc.

A job can be exceptionally strong in one aspect but not if no one else is capable of even reaching the same effect. That I agree on.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post
    It actually isn't easier because the problem isn't Geomancer. The problem is other jobs require Geomancer to fill their roles more reliably. Like RDMs trying to land their debuffs without needing languor.
    RDM issue go beyond that. RDM issues are that this game battle system doesn't work like in 2005 and "resource management" is no longer a thing.

GEO is undoubtedly broken, but it's "just" a support job. BLU and SCH for example are far "worse" as far balance goes.

The best solution is too buff Bard, but at the end of the day, you would still need a support job. It's been a constant in all of FFXI life, the only difference now is that it's GEO instead of BRD.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jin_Uzuki; 12-23-2016 at 04:55 AM.

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin_Uzuki View Post
    RDM issue go beyond that. RDM issues are that this game battle system doesn't work like in 2005 and "resource management" is no longer a thing.

GEO is undoubtedly broken, but it's "just" a support job. BLU and SCH for example are far "worse" as far balance goes.
    I agree it goes beyond that. Prefacing what I said about RDM with "like" was to state an example only, not sum everything in a few words. You'll have to explain how Geomancer is broken.
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin_Uzuki View Post

The best solution is too buff Bard, but at the end of the day, you would still need a support job. It's been a constant in all of FFXI life, the only difference now is that it's GEO instead of BRD.
    Haste 2 being given out to blu makes RDM less useful.
    Indi-haste existing makes RDM less useful.
    BLM doing 50% more nuke damage than every other mage makes RDM less useful.
    BLU getting everything and being good at everything makes RDM less useful.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    I don't think the game is.
    Have they actually said this?

Content not master trials is beatable without a geo.
    Unless they've snuck in an unnoticed/unannounced major adjustment to mob evasion, a lv150 mob w/o evasion boosts would require 1843 effective acc to cap. Is it possible for us to reach this point w/o GEO right now? Probably so, since the highest end players seem to be pulling it off. Is it probable that a non-BIS group is going to be able to come close to that number w/o a GEO? Not really. ><;;

Currently in-game, a merited 99BRD who's naked except for a NQ Cornette will be skillcapped on nearly every song. (I think there are 2-3 that benefit above that point.) Songs give static values that don't scale beyond your already capped skill, and those values pale in direct comparison to the percentage based buffs from GEO. Skill caps need to be raised to 900 combined, and possibly converted to percentage basis in order to compete. My main concern is that any changes need to be made directly to the job itself and not glossed over with equipment.

RDM debuffs would not be likely to trivialize much content even if they were totally unresistable. Debuffs like Paralyze and Slow don't have nearly the same impact that they did in the old days due to the increased rate of mob TPmove usage and reduction in white swing damage per fight. I'm no expert on RDM and I'm honestly not sure what RDM would need in addition to drastically increased debuff accuracy in order to share equal footing when it comes to the support spot.. Maybe add a mirrored WSD+% to Inundation? Change Temper to target party member? Those sound like fun at least. XD

The real issue is not that "GEO is Over Powered." The real issue is "Non-GEO supports are Under Powered." Address the issues that non-GEO support jobs have before worrying about nerfing GEO.
    (1)

Character
    Clemontine
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 5
    Let's not forget DNC's support capabilities are woefully lacking. Front-line support has become "DD with sick moves".
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Let's not forget DNC's support capabilities are woefully lacking. Front-line support has become "DD with sick moves".
    Dancer is in an awful spot support wise since 75 cap was removed, from one of the most fun jobs to one of the least fun for me, personally.
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I'm no expert on RDM and I'm honestly not sure what RDM would need in addition to drastically increased debuff accuracy in order to share equal footing when it comes to the support spot..
    The problem with RDM is none of it's debuffs stop you from dying to bosses.
    It needs some type of "Enemy special actions do less damage" flat unresistable debuff based on mnd/enhancing skill that's like 5-25% DR from enemy special moves.

Dia3 needs to be massively buffed(25% def down) and should stack with bio3(which should be -25% attk).

It's nuking needs to be buffed 20-30%.

It needs a new set of melee gear.

Slow 2 needs to reduce mob TP gain.

It being bad at AOE healing would be ok if it made mobs damage MUCH weaker and managable because then it could main heal a lot of stuff again like at 75 cap.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 12-23-2016 at 05:15 AM.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast