Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Clemontine
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post
    It actually isn't easier because the problem isn't Geomancer. The problem is other jobs require Geomancer to fill their roles more reliably. Like RDMs trying to land their debuffs without needing languor.
    I'm aware. They've worked themselves into a corner. However, the fact remains it's easier to bring Geomancer into line with everyone else than everyone else into line with Geomancer.
    (1)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by PristineChicken View Post
    Seriously, just sitting in town in an off-peak time I can see, in the last hour, that EVERY SINGLE GROUP that has shouted has wanted either a GEO, a BLU, or both.
    Every group I've seen shout:
    GEO BLU PLD WHM
    That's 4/6 job slots filled only leaving 2 slots open.

PLD can be replaced by a RUNE on most fights, and ninja on some so paladin isn't really a problem.

WHM can be replaced by SCH on most fights and RDM on some. Healing doesn't kill mobs, and some mobs don't need the obscene healing a WHM has. WHM isn't a problem.

BLU can be replaced by numerous other DD's very easily, it has a hybrid niche but it can be replaced.

What a geo brings, cannot be replaced by any job, in any situation. It is the best support in the game and never worse than another support or easily replaced by one. Some enemies mechanics cannot even be done without a geo(Like landing blind on maju to disable his mechanic). No other job buffs damage(physical or magical) anywhere near as much of a geo, and the other two support jobs add basically almost zero damage for mages. Bard provides zero, cor provides some. Geo also allows you to completely tank and bypass enemies mechanics with vex + attunement while also zerging them to death with capped pdif and extreme nuke damage. You would never be able to hit these nuke or physical damage numbers with any other support.

Geo is a huge, huge glaring problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post
    It actually isn't easier because the problem isn't Geomancer. The problem is other jobs require Geomancer to fill their roles more reliably. Like RDMs trying to land their debuffs without needing languor.
    You have a case for RDM, however other support jobs CANNOT be buffed or we'll be killing every enemy in the game with 0 effort.

RDM 100% needs to be able to land debuffs on any enemy in the game with zero support, it's completely unacceptable that RDM cannot do it's ONE job it's supposed to be the master of without a geo, because RDM has zero tools to make it capable of doing it's job.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 12-23-2016 at 02:41 AM.

Character
    Clemontine
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    You have a case for RDM, however other support jobs CANNOT be buffed or we'll be killing every enemy in the game with 0 effort.

RDM 100% needs to be able to land debuffs on any enemy in the game with zero support, it's completely unacceptable that RDM cannot do it's ONE job it's supposed to be the master of without a geo, because RDM has zero tools to make it capable of doing it's job.
    I second that. RDM is in a really bad place.
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    WHM isn't a problem.
    I agree that WHM isn't a problem, but it should also be noted that nobody would settle for a non-WHM healer for anything.
    (1)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    I agree that WHM isn't a problem, but it should also be noted that nobody would settle for a non-WHM healer for anything.
    Yeah but that's kind of a "playing it safe using inefficient comps" problems. There's tons of bosses that having a WHM on is a waste, because the faster you kill a mob the less healing you need.
    (1)

Player
    They don't need to nerf ANY jobs. We should be calling for buffs to everyone else instead. The only way a nerf to GEO would be reasonable would be if the devs broke down and raised potential ilvl since that would decrease required stats for high level content. It would be far better for everyone if BRD/RDM were buffed to comparable performance levels as a similar gear level GEO. (Even if that meant that there had to be new caps added on debuff effects or removing the ability to stack debuffs with bubbles.) The demand for GEO over other supports has more to do with how pre-SoA jobs and the baseline combat system were never updated to handle ilvl content than the job being overpowered. GEO was designed with the new world order in mind, so it naturally handles it better than older jobs. It would make more sense to update everyone else to the new baseline than to nerf the currently functional job.
    (2)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Nerfing GEO changes nothing except once again satiating feelings that the player base uses particular setups that exclude whatever job you want to play as. It'll just shift to whatever works best next and someone else will say nerf X job now. All parties are full of <insert job> now.

Vengeance doesn't do anything but foster a negative community and players who are upset their job of choice is largely ineffective.

Buffing other support's accuracy and potency wouldn't make monsters magically easier. Because Geomancer can already floor most of the stats they affect and max it out alone. Maybe that was a mistake but just like item levels, its here now and the game is designed around it.

You can lower overall party damage and survivability, but it wouldn't change anything but make the game more difficult on its own.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rwolf; 12-23-2016 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Didn't to wouldn't

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    They don't need to nerf ANY jobs. We should be calling for buffs to everyone else instead
    No, power creep is bad.
    I do not want the game to become a joke because people can't handle their job(s) being (rightfully) nerfed.

Also, it's much easier to adjust ONE JOB than it is to adjust MANY.
    (0)

Character
    Clemontine
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 5
    Look, I don't want GEO nerfed. I would love to see BRD and RDM and COR buffed to match it. That's just far, far, far harder than nerfing GEO. Given the small amount of dev time allotted to the game, we need to be realistic here.
    (1)

Player
    No, power creep is bad.
    I do not want the game to become a joke because people can't handle their job(s) being (rightfully) nerfed.

Also, it's much easier to adjust ONE JOB than it is to adjust MANY.
    I understand that power creep is bad. That would be why I suggested including new caps on debuff potency and/or ability to stack effects with bubbles.
    (0)

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast