Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks for the suggestion about adding special shurikens.

While this is definitely an interesting idea, the development team does not have any plans to introduce something like this. Since ninjas are able to boost their damage output through Daken, it would result in a direct damage boost on top of what katanas are already capable of. In the event that we were to introduce RMEA shurikens, we would have to lower the stats on katanas to balance everything properly, and we feel that this is not a desirable change.
    (2)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    They don't have to be that powerful... I think most Ninjas would just love to have a source of unlimited, good shurikens to make better use of Sange which just blow through them so quickly.

They could get creative with adding different types of Shurikens based upon the RMEA katana too (some focusing on magical, others on physical abilities, another perhaps defensive/tanking, etc.) similar to the Ranged RMEAs' ammunition.

This seems like a wasted opportunity and kind of a lazy excuse to not make them... :/ Please have the dev team reconsider.
    (6)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Sigh, so many ideas get swatted down without a second thought when it could easily be used and the adjusted to their idea of "balance"
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    Sigh, so many ideas get swatted down without a second thought when it could easily be used and the adjusted to their idea of "balance"
    Camate's response specifically addresses the balance issue and what their solution would be in this case.. I doubt that anyone wants RMEA weapons nerfed just to get the proposed shuriken. ^^;;

Maybe something with similar damage/delay to current topend 119 shuriken but w/ "Throwing skill +269" and high r.acc could work though? If the only damage increase was due to fewer misses, then I wouldn't think that it would be enough to require adjusting the katanas themselves maybe? Add some defensive/caster stats to each to give them a purpose (eva/meva, macc/FastCast, mdb/def, and mab/INT sound like decent pairings to me) while avoiding the issues of increasing physical damage output.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Camate's response specifically addresses the balance issue and what their solution would be in this case.. I doubt that anyone wants RMEA weapons nerfed just to get the proposed shuriken. ^^;;

Maybe something with similar damage/delay to current topend 119 shuriken but w/ "Throwing skill +269" and high r.acc could work though? If the only damage increase was due to fewer misses, then I wouldn't think that it would be enough to require adjusting the katanas themselves maybe? Add some defensive/caster stats to each to give them a purpose (eva/meva, macc/FastCast, mdb/def, and mab/INT sound like decent pairings to me) while avoiding the issues of increasing physical damage output.
    But the OP never asked for ridiculous stats, it'd basically be pretty much the same as the current best shuriken, only instead of you getting 1 and only using it for Dakan you'd get 99 and might get use out of Sange.

So with the greatest of respect to the SE staff I disagree with their reasoning.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    But the OP never asked for ridiculous stats, it'd basically be pretty much the same as the current best shuriken, only instead of you getting 1 and only using it for Dakan you'd get 99 and might get use out of Sange.

So with the greatest of respect to the SE staff I disagree with their reasoning.
    The OP asked for something on-par with the ranged weapon RMEA dispensed ammos, which are much more powerful than other ammos. I can understand why a sudden increase in available damage output (some of which would be a passive increase for doing nothing for those who already have the katanas,) would be concerning for the devs. That's why I suggested non-RMEA damage on the dispensed shurikens, and use them as a way to boost non-melee functions of the job. Hoping that would be enough of a trade-off that it could become a feasible idea for the devs to consider.

The most logical reason for the no-go is that the devs really don't want to have to rework the RMEA weapons at all (unless it's a blanket-type adjustment.) I can imagine the flood of tears that would sweep thru the forums... "Ninja RMEA got a buff so why didn't <MyJob> get one too? T_T" would have it's own thread in every forum that it wouldn't automatically get pruned from. Even if they were willing to deal with those complaints, there would be the technical issues of creating replacement versions of the weapons in addition to the ammo varieties and the possible headaches that would be involved with replacing existing copies with the new versions... None of us actually know for sure how much coding work goes into making items, and I wouldn't be surprised if converting an existing "normal" item into a dispensing one was significantly more effort than it might sound to us on the outside.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 01-07-2017 at 04:32 PM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Nyarlko, there really is zero balance issues here lol
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Creelo View Post
    Nyarlko, there really is zero balance issues here lol
    I am not saying there are any from my POV as a player, but there may be from the dev's POV. I imagine that there would be an increase in damage output if they gave us higher damage rating shurikens after all. If they've actually run the numbers far enough to believe that it would require a nerf to the RMEA katanas themselves in order to implement shuriken on-par with the dispensed ammo from bows/guns, then try dialing back the request to something the devs might find more reasonable. Similar damage ratings to existing shuriken would be less likely to raise any red flags and they could be used to support other aspects of the job other than melee / WS spam.
    (0)

Character
    Gannon
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Maybe the could change the existing RMEA katanas to dispense special shurikens like how the ranged RMEAs dispense special ammo?
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Maybe the could change the existing RMEA katanas to dispense special shurikens like how the ranged RMEAs dispense special ammo?
    lol That is exactly what this thread is about. XD
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast