Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It doesn't punish the forgetful because it would be the same scenario as the current system if you forget to set your spells. While your suggestion punishes the smart, as if they changed it to lock traits after spell swapping that would effect manual spell setting too. Meaning that people that use the current system for manual spell swapping for changing traits would be the ones getting "punished".

E.G. Maybe I want to swap in/out treasure hunter during combat and only need to change a couple spells for it. I do this and lose access to all my spells like normal and then on top of that, all my traits and stat boosts too. Because some noob can't remember to use the spell swap system properly to change his spell set before going into combat?
    (0)
    Last edited by Cabalabob; 12-19-2016 at 09:57 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    Just seems like it punishes the forgetful whereas blocking the traits when you use a spell set temporarily would stop people switching spells to gain the treats on WS, nuke, etc while allowing quick change if you make that mistake.
    How is it "punishing" if the current implementation is unchanged though? There is no reason why a simple QoL improvement like /spellset should improve combat capabilities IMO. If the addition is restricted to out-of-combat, then there would be no new concerns over trait changes. I'm not asking for a new dps tool, I'm asking for a convenience only.

Also IMO, if you goof and forget to do something that you should have done, there is no reason that you should not lose out on the benefits of having done it. If I forget to pop on my TH set on THF, should I still get full TH8+ effect?
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 12-20-2016 at 12:59 AM.

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    So basically if you're forgetful tough, I want to be able to abuse the system if I want as it currently is.... Right, understood. I'll move on.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    So basically if you're forgetful tough, I want to be able to abuse the system if I want as it currently is.... Right, understood. I'll move on.
    If you forget to use the proposed OOC /spellset command to change sets before fighting, then you still have the option to change spells during combat exactly like you can now. Locking it to OOC would only prevent abuse of the quick swap capability so we couldn't bounce around traits for ws/tp/etc during combat. If it were added, there would be no additional loss incurred if you were to forget to change sets compared to how it is right now.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2