Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 128
  1. #111
    Player Domille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    159
    Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Having forced myself to salvage every day for 6 years. Yeah, it's not a hard concept to see why 1/day lock outs are bad design.

    I felt like shit every time I missed a day. And that's the actual purpose of the design. To influence your play.

    Luckily omen is absolutely failure content, so I don't feel the need.

    Once they add the money drops next week, that will change. and the compulsion to go everyday will start to irritate.
    (4)

  2. #112
    Player Shiyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    705
    Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Next update:
    Get your hands on all-new rewards from Omen and new synthesis recipes utilizing those materials.
    So, instead of fixing this awful lock out, they decide to make it more rewarding?

    My god..please, fix this.
    (2)

  3. #113
    Player Shiyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    705
    Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Brand new year! Perfect time to fix this 20 hour lockout system and change it into something more player friendly for a game with <300 active players on at any time on 85% of the servers.
    (2)

  4. #114
    Player AoiX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    83
    Character
    Reih
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    They did this kind of behaviour with Assault (Tags), Abyssea (Traverse Stones), VW (Voidstone), Salvage (Permit), Limbus (Soap) -just to name a few)- I don't really see the need to rush through content when there's still a lot of stuff that can be done relevant to the actual landscape. It actually gives you the incentive to plan this and join fellow players. If anything you can stack one KI and get another one right away provided you planned ahead. Eventually they will make it easier to enter at some point; probably when new content is released or a new "Tier" is added.
    (0)

  5. #115
    Player Jakuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    365
    Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by AoiX View Post
    They did this kind of behaviour with Assault (Tags), Abyssea (Traverse Stones), VW (Voidstone), Salvage (Permit), Limbus (Soap) -just to name a few)- I don't really see the need to rush through content when there's still a lot of stuff that can be done relevant to the actual landscape. It actually gives you the incentive to plan this and join fellow players. If anything you can stack one KI and get another one right away provided you planned ahead. Eventually they will make it easier to enter at some point; probably when new content is released or a new "Tier" is added.

    The people that play FFXI can't handle the old style FFXI.
    (1)

  6. #116
    Player AoiX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    83
    Character
    Reih
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    The people that play FFXI can't handle the old style FFXI.
    Agreed. Short span rewards... where's the passion, the hard work, the sense of achievement?
    (0)

  7. #117
    Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by AoiX View Post
    Agreed. Short span rewards... where's the passion, the hard work, the sense of achievement?
    Agree. They should start adding 20h hours lockouts everywhere. There isn't passion and hard work unless you wait 20 hours between one escha NM and another. Maybe Ambu too. Definitely restore Dyna lockout too.

    That's the difference between one bad player and a good one. Their ability to stare at the lockout for 20 hours.
    (6)
    Last edited by Jin_Uzuki; 01-10-2017 at 08:39 PM.

  8. #118
    Player AoiX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    83
    Character
    Reih
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin_Uzuki View Post
    Agree. They should start adding 20h hours lockouts everywhere. There isn't passion and hard work unless you wait 20 hours between one escha NM and another. Maybe Ambu too. Definitely restore Dyna lockout too.

    That's the difference between one bad player and a good one. Their ability to stare at the lockout for 20 hours.
    You just have to optimize the limited time you got with the knowledge you gather. This is an event you can't just spam and hope to get lucky. It sucks even more when you lose. You don't want that to happen.
    (0)

  9. #119
    Player OmnysValefor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,186
    You can play like short attention spans or whatever, but that's not the case.

    20 hour cooldown makes job selection and person selection really really awful.

    I'll give you that assault tags were similar. Traverser stones and VW stones weren't nearly this bad.

    Oh and guess what, you could queue more than 2 key items at a time in all of those cases.

    Floor 3's random boss must be brutal on the wrong jobs. I haven't tried but I imagine nuking craver under 30% isn't easy and poor you if a nuke lands during Pain Sync on Thinker.

    I have some friends that I don't want to take to Omen because I know they're not up to snuff. There are some jobs I don't want to see in omen because I know it's not optimum. I took PLD last night and PLD/BLU did just fine except that it's not nearly the DD or defensive support (hello valiance, even refresh) that RUN is. PLD also needs to /blu to chain aoe-tank. Run can sub literally anything.

    What about the tremendous difference GEO makes on any of the t3 bosses? Every bit you ws harder is less chance for pain sync or less chance Craver will manage to kill someone.

    Ambuscade doesn't present this problem, Reisenjima doesn't present this problem, there's enough HTBF to accomadate any job.

    Edit: There are two or three NMs with difficult or tedious to obtain pops, like WoC but if you go as a group and farm the KIs, you have several to work with, even if you're still learning.

    Some people liked Old XI, some people like modern XI, some people liked both. I liked both, but I acknowledge that the spirit of the game has changed and this present design of Omen has several problems.

    People were talking earlier in the thread about Versatility. Versatility is nice but what if I don't care about cards for x job? The funny thing is that the answer is so simple for that: universal cards, rather than per-job, or 1:1 trade.
    (3)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 01-11-2017 at 07:09 AM.

  10. #120
    Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by AoiX View Post
    You just have to optimize the limited time you got with the knowledge you gather. This is an event you can't just spam and hope to get lucky. It sucks even more when you lose. You don't want that to happen.
    I agree. Hence had a 20 hours lockdown to every endgame event please.

    I don't feel satisfied unless there is a 20 hours lockdown between each escha NM. Don't you agree?
    (3)

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast