Character
    Erithien
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Old Player - Server Advice?

Hey. I've been playing FFXI on and off for a good while now, but always on the Quetzlcoatl server. I'm currently reinstalling it again to play it some more, but I was wondering what server is best population / activity wise? I know the game is not what it used to be but FFXIV just isn't the same for me and I'll probably be coming back over and over again unless they shut it down.

I don't mind starting over again if another server is more active, not with RoE and trusts and what not, it doesn't take long to level up.
    Most of my friends have left, I'd like to find somewhere with plenty of people to have many opportunities to make new friends again and learn what I have forgotten / don't know!
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The right answer is Asura!
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Folken
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 1
    If you want a high-pop server and you have nothing tying you to another server, Asura is the place to be. Also, you don't have to start over; server transfers aren't expensive.
    (1)

Character
    Vienner
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Asura, its a well populated server with the good and bad things that come along with it. population is between 900~1400ish
    (0)
    "I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and I drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it, unless I'm thirsty."

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Asura is the most populated server by far, most times I am on its around the 1300~1600 level population wise.

Sometimes it even touches on 2000 players online.
    (0)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Certainly Asura for player population, if you can find a group of people to play with then technically player population is less of an issue, so here are the arguments.

Asura:

More event shouts
    More items on AH
    More congestion in events like Ambuscade
    More probability of having items undercut if you are a crafter (more Kupo Shields)
    If you want to CP there will be more people to group up with but more potential competition over camps

Then a low population server will basically be all those points reversed.
    (1)

Character
    Risotto
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Asura for sure-a!

Pop has been around 1600-1800 lately.
    (0)

There are two servers with enormous population, due to linkshells recruiting on other sites, causing a snowball effect as more and more people server transfer to those servers to join the group. Odin has a large linkshell for players that speak Japanese, and even if people don't stay in it, it causes spinoff linkshells which keep the server population high. Asura is like that for players that speak English, and with how many countries around the world have such people, the server stays at high population for most of the hours of the day. Reddit was the big influence on Asura, and I don't know which site it was for Odin, but I suspect it was 2ch.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/