Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
To be honest, I can't understand what SE's issue with showing accurate ilvl. So what if trusts get a little more powerful.

Presently, melee trusts can't hit lower apex mobs, let alone anything remotely hard. Bards cast whatever they feel like and the healers run out of mp.
My trusts hit crabs and bats in Dho with no problems, ever since the mob AGI:eva nerf a while back. Healers do fine as long as they have a source of refresh. Not due to cheer choice either because I'm using the trust:FC/macc one.. There are ways to work around trust issues for the most part. They might seem less efficient at first glance, but if what you are doing isn't working, then you might want to try out something different.

The primary sticking point about raising the ilvl cap for the devs is most likely the issue of pDIF since each level a mob has over yours gives them eva+34. Since ilvl = player level as far as pDIF is concerned, any actual raise in the ilvl cap would lower acc req's significantly. If it was a mere 3 ilvl increase to 122, that would be 102 less accuracy you would need to cap against every single 119+ mob and NM. Increasing the cap to say, ilvl 129, would reduce acc req's by a whopping 340. ._.;;
As a byproduct, it would also devalue existing gear since acc caps would be easier to reach and highest acc gear would be overkill / wasted stats for the min-maxers.
... That's why I'd expect any increased ilvls to be primarily cosmetic and actual ilvl to remain capped to 119.