Character
    Kalitzo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Can we get a new avatar?

It has been awhile and the new avatars we did get are not the greatest can we get another one that more on par with Garuda, Ifrit, Ramuh etc?
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    That would be nice, but highly unlikely.
    (0)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Yeah the big issue is the Animations, and then designing the Wards / Buffs. The only one that we might have gotten would have been Siren, during RoV, but they shot that down. (I'd see Siren as more of a BRD buff / Enfeeble type Wards and Sonic / Physical attack like Avatar.)

Or Phoenix would have been another (I mean the top of Attowa Chasm is called the Cradle of Rebirth, and Phoenix's biggest Shtick is coming back from the Dead, so they could do Phoenix if they wanted to as well. It's just a matter of if they have the tools and team to be able to the design work on them, and right now they really don't.
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Bahamut please
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    Yeah the big issue is the Animations, and then designing the Wards / Buffs. The only one that we might have gotten would have been Siren, during RoV, but they shot that down. (I'd see Siren as more of a BRD buff / Enfeeble type Wards and Sonic / Physical attack like Avatar.)

Or Phoenix would have been another (I mean the top of Attowa Chasm is called the Cradle of Rebirth, and Phoenix's biggest Shtick is coming back from the Dead, so they could do Phoenix if they wanted to as well. It's just a matter of if they have the tools and team to be able to the design work on them, and right now they really don't.
    They've already made it very clear there are other dimensions with Abyssea, Voidwalk, and Escha. Adding Phoenix should be easy, as it already has a model in the game. Personally I'd like her to be another Light Type that doesn't suck like Cait/Carbuncle. Sadly, it seems that Cait Sith is the one that fills the "Raising" party avatar. Siren would be amazing with the buffs that she could bring. And Finally Bahamut, I would love him. Some of his abilities would have to be tweaked, but it'd be nice to have an avatar that has hard hitting AoE Magical and Physical Attacks. And MAYBE we can take advantage of the fact that he's a BLM/WHM/RDM and get some fun Wards.

But then that also boils down to what abilities would they actually get and what favors could they give?
    (0)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 12-22-2016 at 08:03 AM.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Lupus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It's not like we don't have a list as we've made these threads a dozen times. Elemental doppelgangers to the prime 6 or elemental fusions like in abyssea.

Recycled content is OK with me because there is 2 aspects to each element. Problem with SE is they keep giving us light and dark based avatars. They gave us fenrir, dark! They gave us diabolos, dark! They gave us Odin and Alexander, dark and light! They gave us atomos and Cait sith, dark and light!

You see the pattern here? Like how plds must be the #1 tank, the prime 6 must be the elemental avatars. That's why all the non elemental terrestrial avatars keep coming out as dark and light.

We got 2 potential elemental avatars hanging in the game now,

Siren - wind
    Ixion - thunder

SE would have to add new water, ice, fire, earth avatars. Sure their pacts and abilities would be recycled, the only thing new about them would be their models somewhat. Siren seems slightly like a remodeled garuda. Being original doesn't mean creating something brand new everytime, it's taking what already exists and putting a new spin on it to keep it fresh.

Bahamut - flare is off the table, but neo Bahamut is not. Ice dragon anyone?
    (0)
    Last edited by rufuslupus; 12-30-2016 at 08:41 AM.

Except the Odin and Alexander are also both Prime

But I get what you're saying. Personal, I'd want the original Bahamut and for him be a Non-Elemental Avatar. They have the Whale model, too bad Bismarck is a VWNM otherwise he'd been a great contender for another Water.

But in all honesty, The Naakuals are the next closest things to avatars outside of Siren and Ixion (Though they never really explain if it's an avatar or not). But they would need some serious work to ever be used like that, because I don't want more 1hr Avatars.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 12-30-2016 at 11:33 PM.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]