Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Bring back the gear vouchers in Ambu

Where did they go?

Please keep vouchers for every months previous gear in ambu. There's no reason for gear to go away forever - it's never been a thing in FFXI before and it should not become a thing. Let us obtain gear regardless of when we decided to play the game. We should not have to log on and play during x months or forever miss out on gear.

This is supposed to be THE entry gear for new and returning players. It should be obtainable at anytime, otherwise it's another hurdle that new/returning players have to get over just because they didn't play during x months. That's silly.

There's also some BIS pieces, and they're just gone forever? That also isn't fun for veterans, either.
    (4)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 11-25-2016 at 01:43 AM.

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Gear rewards in a category are cycled each month. One set makes way for the next. With Gallantries purpose being to give you an extra month. This is the norm whether they will change it is another question
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    Gear rewards in a category are cycled each month. One set makes way for the next. With Gallantries purpose being to give you an extra month. This is the norm whether they will change it is another question
    It's really not fun or fair to new/returning players to be completely out of luck on gear just because they didn't play for x month.
    Also the vouchers existed for every month since this one, didn't they? Why were they removed this month? That's my question.

Why remove something GOOD?
    (1)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    It's really not fun or fair to new/returning players to be completely out of luck on gear just because they didn't play for x month.
    Also the vouchers existed for every month since this one, didn't they? Why were they removed this month? That's my question.

Why remove something GOOD?
    I suppose though it's somewhat designed to reward people who stay playing/keep us spamming each month.

And nope they only existed that one month. First month there was gallantry at all. Then each month it contained the set that was introduced the previous month when people were wondering what would happen if they just couldn't get full points one month. Then when they finished a set of sets for each job and started with a new set of sets with flamma instead of just doing the last one they made a voucher for just that month. Completely new and one time.

And they removed it because they do that every month. Just like next month Tali'ah will be on gallantry and Flamma will be gone. And most likely when they finish up these sets there will be a voucher for them. They stated from the get go rewards would rotate as monsters would but invented gallantry to give us a method in case we miss a month. My guess that combined with points not carrying over was because they didn't want people to just spam a bunch one month and ignore it the others and want us to actually explore all the different weird experimental mechanics they are putting in. I don't remember where but I think they did mention they'd eventually go back thru sets
    (1)

Player
    Seems to be pretty set to be a yearly/annual cycle at this point. Although, I think the current official last word boiled down to "We'll decide in March 2017."
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    No matter what it is, it's a bad decision for the game as a whole and needs to stop.
    Temp gear does not belong in a monthly sub MMO.
    I should not be penalized for not playing the game every month of the year.
    I should not be greatly encouraged to do X content and spam the crap out of for an entire month(thus burn myself out) just to get a piece of gear that will go away for a year or perhaps forever. I should be able to play whenever I want to, and be able to obtain the gear at my own pace.

Bring back the vouchers so anyone can get the gear.
    (2)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 11-24-2016 at 12:53 AM.

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I've got to agree, temporary gear is ridiculous.

Vouchers should always be the gallantry item. It covers last month AND previous sets. But never talk logic in ffxi.
    (4)
    Last edited by Vae; 11-24-2016 at 01:05 AM.

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Just to point out you aren't penalized for not doing it every month. You are penalized for skipping 2 months in a row.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Gallantry is a lot harder to accumulate than Hallmarks so the penalty for missing a month is very severe. I support vouchers being available every month.
    (6)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    So am I correct in Jhakri body being the ONLY 3 refresh body piece in the game for jobs not summoner?
    This piece of gear is no longer obtainable, for who knows how long. That's not cool.

This is the first time in FFXI history that items become "unobtainable" after a certain point in time. Any other time, you could simply go farm the item, but you LITERALLY CANNOT DO THAT NOW.

Bring back vouchers for ambu. There's absolutely no reason that gear should just go away for extended periods of time/forever, especially if it's gear with unique stats(refresh 3) you cannot get anywhere else in the entire game.
    (1)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast