Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    Yeah that's where I see the problem/difference is. The grind. And the highly varying nature of it and well how it's often incredibly geared against low man intense is (which shouldn't be necessary with gallantry) . Like last month oh boy was a lot more friendly. Took a couple of days to figure out intense but once I did triboxing it on VD so ended up being like 10 runs plus the fooling around I did to learn to get full gear... so heck I went and kept farming till I had like 100k total hallmarks. Meanwhile I don't think there was a single other month I've been able to tribox an intense even on D. And some are kind of hard on normal so I'm forced to do normal or regular on VD which ends up being like 4x the grind for exactly the same rewards

And then there is the mechanics which take time to figure out on their own and often lead to a flavor of the month for jobs which have to be done before we can really start the grind that we only have a month to do <.<. While this month also having that rare cp campaign we want to do...
    Yeah I could nearly (though not quite) solo intense on N last month. If I had tried different jobs/strats/trusts I actually might have been able to do it. But, knowing I am going to have to grind the whole month pretty much nonstop to only get NQ gear that is worse than almost everything I already have... really kills it for me. The HQ is usually nice but the grind is just stupid, especially for someone who isn't geared enough to do VD runs with other players.

I wouldn't mind the grind as much if I could do it at my own pace - it's the having to do it all in one month that kills me. And worse, it doesn't even make sense in terms of a "get people to keep subbed" strategy. I'd be more likely to keep subbed if I could work for the gear I wanted at my own pace.

Heck I'd be okay with having to do TWICE as many runs and get TWICE as many points if I could do it at my pace. I'm not asking for it to be made easier - just to be made less frantic.
    (0)
    Last edited by Olor; 12-02-2016 at 04:30 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We'll be bringing the gear vouchers back soon as a permanent reward option! We're hoping to add this in the version update to follow the December version update.
    I would like this etc, but fixing a mistake that should've never happened in the first place isn't something I reward.

Stop setting things up to see if you can get away with it, and just do it right the first time.
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    We'll be bringing the gear vouchers back soon as a permanent reward option! We're hoping to add this in the version update to follow the December version update.
    Yay!!
    Thanks so much for the response.
    (0)

Player
    Wow, that's a lot sooner than I predicted O.o;; Guess even know-it-alls can get the details wrong occasionally XD

Now, how about adding a reward-only npc to Selbina so we can deal w/ augs w/o the horrible lagfest that Mhaura has become? >.>
    (0)

Character
    Obysuca
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I know it most likely won't be, but I kind of hope they're from hallmarks instead of gallantry. Only for the reason that on a small server, depending on the mobs in ambuscade or the campaigns going on, you might never get a pt to actually get gallantry.
    Or at the very least, up the gallantry for being in a pt and put the current amount towards solo. It'd still be a grind, but doable if ambuscade is dead on your server.
    I get why you can only get gallantry in a pt, since solo defeats the purpose of a mmo, but the population isn't what it once was and if you don't want to move to Asura, then you're kinda stuck soloing.
    (1)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Wow, that's a lot sooner than I predicted O.o;; Guess even know-it-alls can get the details wrong occasionally XD

Now, how about adding a reward-only npc to Selbina so we can deal w/ augs w/o the horrible lagfest that Mhaura has become? >.>
    No lag in Mhaura on servers that aren't asura
    (1)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Obysuca View Post
    I get why you can only get gallantry in a pt, since solo defeats the purpose of a mmo, but the population isn't what it once was and if you don't want to move to Asura, then you're kinda stuck soloing.
    Valefor is one of the least populated servers and I have no problem finding people for ambuscade.
    I agree that the vouchers need a GREATLY reduced voucher gallantry cost, vouchers need to be "Rewards for reaching x amount of gallantry" or you need to get massively more gallantry per run.

It's too much of a grind for gear on months it isn't that set, which is stupid. You should not be punished for not playing/grinding 1 form of content for a month, ffs.

Games shouldn't be chores, ambu is making FFXI a chore. Chores = not fun. Don't make the same mistakes over MMO's have been making for the past decade, please.
    (1)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Yeah even last month when a lot more people were doing it for gil items still no real lag. Think most I saw was around 100ish in one
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    I play on Asura and an empty Whitegate is still laggier than Mhaura the day of an update. Gotta love that PS2 engine. :x
    (0)

Character
    Rifaran
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    yes I agree it should always have been there, it did make me NOT want to do ambuscade, and it's a good thing they are making it permanent
    (0)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast