Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Augmented witching robe, off the top of my head. Amalric HQ (lol) I think. Both are difficult to obtain.

I agree though. While some is very good/best for certain features, Ambu is the new entry tier. Making it obtainable periodically is silly.

A friend came back during Sulevia's and I dragged him through 15k points so his PLD had something, while he got better, and his DRK had fair gear.

Had he come back two months later: sorry for your luck (really mine, since I was carrying him).

Yeah, it got replaced but that's the point of most ambu gear, and some of it IS best in slot.
    (1)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I can't easily gear up my paladin in "entry level gear" because it's no longer available from ambu.

I can't easily gear my COR in entry level gear because it's no longer available from ambu.

I can't easily gear my RDM in entry level nuke gear because it's no longer available from ambu.

This is absurd. I should not be penalized for not playing every month ambuscade has been out and spamming it 50+ times per month.

This months current set is absolutely useless for a lot of player as well, as it's ACC PET GEAR and only for 3 jobs, two of them being incredibly underplayed.
    (2)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 11-27-2016 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    I can't easily gear up my paladin in "entry level gear" because it's no longer available from ambu.

I can't easily gear my COR in entry level gear because it's no longer available from ambu.

I can't easily gear my RDM in entry level nuke gear because it's no longer available from ambu.

This is absurd. I should not be penalized for not playing every month ambuscade has been out and spamming it 50+ times per month.
    I'm of the opinion that those vouchers should be permanent, but you don't need Ambuscade gear on your way up the gear ladder. We managed just fine before that content was introduced.
    (2)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
    I'm of the opinion that those vouchers should be permanent, but you don't need Ambuscade gear on your way up the gear ladder. We managed just fine before that content was introduced.
    Oh, I know you don't! I'm just saying it's meant to be the starter gear but it's not because it rotates.

The design behind it contradicts itself, basically.
    (2)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 11-27-2016 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Oh, I know you don't! I'm just saying it's meant to be the starter gear but it's not because it rotates.

The design behind it contradicts itself, basically.
    Yeah, it really does, on multiple levels.
    (3)

In fairness, it's tremendously easier to make that ascent when plenty oc people are always looking for it.

Now a newbie, even in rawhide (which is fine cor apex, t1 nm's without acc bubble roll or songs) competes with others in significantly better offensive gear.
    (0)

how does a newbie even get rawhide without folks carrying them? Even with some ambuscade gear, a lot of [a] skirmish gear, and trust buff I can't solo most T1 escha.
    (2)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    T1 escha mobs only take like 900 accuracy I'm pretty sure, I had no problems hitting them with 920ish. However, you're going to need ambuscade gear to reach that accuracy because most 119 af+1(the most accessible starter gear) has zero accuracy/magic accuracy.

I duo'd all my T1 gear but I have no idea if most job combos can actually do that, especially not in AF+1 reforge.

Ambuscade normal can be duod in full AF, escha zitah t1's have a much steeper gear requirement and I'm not exactly sure if most jobs can duo them half ambu half af+1 reforge gear - let alone full af+1.

You basically need to be carried to full escha t1 gear if you can't do ambuscade, which is honestly awful design and not fun(imo). Being able to contribute is fun, coming as a support/mage while someone(or people) carry you through gear doesn't feel like you earned it.

Ambuscade sets need to be available at all times in order to ensure a proper well designed new player progression path.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 11-28-2016 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    how does a newbie even get rawhide without folks carrying them? Even with some ambuscade gear, a lot of [a] skirmish gear, and trust buff I can't solo most T1 escha.
    A newbie could carry their weight in those T1 fights with a little time invested in getting some quests/missions and XP/CPing done beforehand. I would be disappointed if one could successfully clear that content solo.

I've probably said this before, but feel free to send me a /tell in game if you ever want a hand with those NMs, I'll gladly knock them out for anyone that needs a little help and no, I won't charge for it either, something I feel needs to be stated these days as this server is "merc" heaven/hell (depending on your point of view, of course).
    (1)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    A newbie could carry their weight in those T1 fights with a little time invested in getting some quests/missions and XP/CPing done beforehand. I would be disappointed if one could successfully clear that content solo.

I've probably said this before, but feel free to send me a /tell in game if you ever want a hand with those NMs, I'll gladly knock them out for anyone that needs a little help and no, I won't charge for it either, something I feel needs to be stated these days as this server is "merc" heaven/hell (depending on your point of view, of course).
    How are you gonna CP in 800 accuracy gear? lol

The games new player progression path LITERALLY tells you to do ambuscade(ROE intermediate tutorial) and it's very, very, very clearly designed that it's the final step of gear before you do escha. However, unless you're playing a job that benefits from that months sets, you're pretty screwed.

It's awful.

edit:
    Back in the day we asked people for help, and they helped us for free. Then sometimes people would ask us for help, and we'd help them for free too.

I remember rank10 level 75 JP's carrying me through shadow lord fight back in 2004.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 11-28-2016 at 05:14 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast