Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

I dun wanna be that guy, but about Cait Sith...

(Trying to dig this up but going off memory here)
    When Cait Sith was finally released like several years too late, what we got was a level 75 fight and a summon with BPs that only went up to level 75 despite the fact that she is connected to an expansion that saw the rise of the level cap to 99. It was stated around the time of her release that they would later add BPs that go up to level 99, but this never happened.

So, being that guy for a moment: Is this ever going to happen, and if so when? About the only thing she does that's special in any way is be able to bestow reraise on others and raise people regardless of subjob.

(I'd even go so far as to argue that the summon quest itself was actually already ready by the end of WOTG and that for whatever reason they just decided to sit on Cait Sith for a while and then forgot about her entirely)
    (2)

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The only other thing she's good for is Mewing Lullaby. Setting an enemy's TP to 0 is pretty powerful.
    Level ? Holy is quite powerful... but the RNGesus in that makes it unreliable.
    (0)

Character
    Flupplewolfe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    SMN has been on the table a lot so I feel first I should express gratitude toward that:
    * Reduction to 22s recast times from over 30s before gifts
    * Physical pacts made somewhat stronger to a lot stronger depending on the pact and if you have nirvana to take advantage of oat for pacts that now carry physical hits modifiers to every hit
    * Abjuration set aimed at just SMN
    * New powerful grip and satchet with BP damage on them
    * great magic evasion set with ambu gear
    * great hybrid pet/master tp set and pet magic acc set with this month's ambu
    * gifts greatly boosted 1 hour capabilities, and was buffed at one time even over the initial value
    * merlinic hands are great
    * varar rings gave us really strong rings for bloodpacts and tping both
    * klouskap sash lets us a lot more easily cap pet haste for tp set and gives the summoner lots of equip haste too and both the summoner and avatar a lot of accuracy

So thank you SE for paying us so much attention lately I get more SMN questions all the time now, it's starting to pay off for sure.

The only dissapointments I felt but aren't things I currently care about anymore given all of the above:
    * Afterglow nirvana doesn't help the avatar's damage at all, but this I feel was more than made up for by the BP damage grip and satchet
    * We didn't get siren which was planned for us, on the other hand physical pacts were made much more useful again.
    * BP recast wasn't really that good a gift. But the favor update more than made up for it.

As for Cait Sith, it is a shame such a charming avatar feels a bit unfinished. To be fair they did give her a 99 bloodpact rage that allows her to self skillchain now with apogee and using her other physical BP, though they both don't do a lot of a damage. However if SE were to address Cait Sith this is my review of the current pacts:

Regal Scratch - Comical and as most level BPs go doesn't do hardly any damage. Useful for some skillchain properties.
    Level ? Holy - Amazing when it works, terrible when it doesn't. The sum average of this except on very niche fights makes it not worth using at all. I'd really like to see some sort of change made to it, to give SMN an aoe pact stronger than thunderspark but not as strong, on average, as 1 hour'd abilities. Keeping the mechanics as is, and just defaulting any miss to a 1 would even go a very long way in making it usable.
    Regal Gash - Comical and for a level 99 BP it does almost the same damage as a level 1 BP. Really only useful that I have found for skillchaining.

Altana's Favor - Infinite duration reraise and party wide arise, our only 1 hour ward and I love it. A+++ always something to cast before Astral Flow wears.
    Raise II - I'd like to see it be raise III and work on members outside of party. However it is nice it is low enough level it can be used even if you subjob summoner, and using apogee to raise two people quickly is also very good.
    Mewing Lullaby - So good endgame strategies are built around it, and only for the tp reset. It's also an AoE light based sleep. The sleep duration is however very short, and not always incredibly accurate. The range is very good though and alternating mewing lullaby and level ? holy is not a terrible thing to do on very dangerous groups of mobs. Still a bit longer duration to even match Sleep II duration would be nice.
    Reraise II - The same as Raise II basically, for the good and bad things about it.
    Eerie Eye - this is a very unique, comical and fun pact it's a shame it's just short of being extremely useful. First the pact will only seem to report one of the two debuffs landing even if both do and two you get no log message when pet debuffs wear. This makes using it's most amazing feature, amnesia, nearly impossible to capitalize on. The amnesia duration is also a bit too short to allow one smn to upkeep it so you require two. The silence duration is able to be kept up by one smn, but resistance seems to build astoundingly quick to the point the silence falls off as soon as you put it on nearly. A few tweaks could make this pact a ton more used, and an alternative to mewing lullaby. Increase the amnesia duration and silence duration, and have the logs report when one or both lands as well as falls off. The best part of it is amnesia doesn't build resistance and how great amnesia status effect is.

I think at least one more rage pact would be very good for cait sith and 1-2 more wards as she is a support based avatar and this would catch her up with other avatars number of pacts. Some sort of single target or conal light damage and some sort of aoe regen or status buff would round her out greatly. Even a utility spell to cast aoe sneak/invis/deodorize on the entire party or a spell to teleport you and your party to walk of echoes would be interesting and welcome, though if she could remove curse/doom that'd be great because currently smn has no way to do that natively and it'd fit her motif of raising/reraising players.
    (0)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I just want cait to get sneak/invisiblega and retracega. Then SMN would have great utility and let us go crazy on subjob choices cause our summons would cover everything.

And it fits on cait sith as in WoTG they are constantly teleporting around and hiding from people.

The only other change I'd like for cait sith would be for level ? Holy to do a set base damage (instead of missing), nothing major, 2-3k buffed by weakness/weather/day, and then getting the level match bonus would buff that base damage by x2-10 based on the dice number (1 = x2, 2 = x4 etc.). Making it a lot more reliable.
    (0)
    Last edited by Cabalabob; 11-23-2016 at 04:09 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I don't think Siren was ever planned to be a player summon.

"Our only 1-hour ward" - Alexander wants a word with you.

Regal Gash is not level 99, CaitSIth Doesn't have any BPs over level 75, which is what this thread was about.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 11-28-2016 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post

Regal Gash is not level 99, CaitSIth Doesn't have any BPs over level 75, which is what this thread was about.
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Summoner

Regal Gash, Blindside, and Impact are all level 99 Bloodpacts, but Blindside and Regal Gash are absolutely AWFUL for the level they're gained
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Flupplewolfe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Someone from SE said it actually was planned to be a summon though I'd have to do quite the amount of digging to remember where. It was a QA format, so maybe the Reddit AMA. Some people also look at the dat files and saw stuff that looked like things for a silence ward and stuff iirc, would've been neat to see in completed form.

Well it does give a buff, however it isn't a ward. It consumes astral flow and it is treated as a spell rather than a job ability under the blood pact ward category. Some wards actually do debuffs and damage like somnalence on Diabolos, so not trying to be nitpicky but it's technically not a ward.

Zeargi answered well for me, though Blindside can do a lot better damage than regal gash at least, especially with the new physical rage pacts changes. It would be nice to fill in some more though, as Regal Gash is only a very moderately improved version of Regal Scratch and neither do much damage.

I'd really like to see spirits get upgraded beyond lower level spells too, as well as get fast cast. I don't think SE really wants us using them for much besides Elemental Siphon though and maybe shell V/protect V and a rare curaga from the light spirit.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Fae View Post
    I'd really like to see spirits get upgraded beyond lower level spells too, as well as get fast cast. I don't think SE really wants us using them for much besides Elemental Siphon though and maybe shell V/protect V and a rare curaga from the light spirit.
    I would love more avatars of the other elements in general, but I'd be happy with Siren joining the team. Overall, I'm just kind of sad that Cait Sith is just as weak as Carbuncle when it comes to her stats. Neither of them can take a hit well, but at least Carbuncle can heal himself. Only perk is that they both get the +1 to level from those gloves that no other avatar gets.

On a side note, I'd also really love if the Light Spirit would just cast Protect/Shellra if it's going to just be used for that. At least help me out time wise so I can focus on other things if I ever happen to need to buff people, I mean they did it for Automatons a while back.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]