Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Kalitzo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Numbers on new update 11/10?

So my BP's went from 20-45k average and now I can't get over 12-16k easily. . . . . I don't know if this was an upgrade or a downgrade . . .
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by dmuller30 View Post
    So my BP's went from 20-45k average and now I can't get over 12-16k easily. . . . . I don't know if this was an upgrade or a downgrade . . .
    I agree. My DMG is all over the place 6500-35k >_> I'm not sure that this is helpful at all. Not to mention it hurts our Wards greatly because of the TP bonus for healing.
    (1)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Kalitzo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yeah you can no longer Predator Claw to whispering winds anymore. My BP's all together are lower but consistent on all the other summons for example now Shiva hits just as much as Ifrit on Rush vs Flaming Crush so far. . . I think something was messed up.
    (0)

Character
    Flupplewolfe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I've noticed no bad changes, overall it was about a 15% damage boost to Volt Strike, which is really good in my view. I think that if you are getting number ranges like you said above it is because some blood pacts were changed to have the weight from the first hit of a blood pact changed to have all hits carry through like some multi-hit weaponskills do. For weaponskills like that which some of which are some of the most powerful in the game like CDC and Resolution, if the mob dies before all hits landed the damage reported will be as if those hits never landed at all. So if you are testing changes make sure it's on mobs that won't die before all the damage is done. You can also still predator claw to whispering wind, and not lose out on potency at all. Whispering wind's healing range is affected but not the potency, which granted can still be very important but thought you'd like to know.
    (0)
    Last edited by Fae; 11-11-2016 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fae View Post
    I've noticed no bad changes, overall it was about a 15% damage boost to Volt Strike, which is really good in my view. I think that if you are getting number ranges like you said above it is because some blood pacts were changed to have the weight from the first hit of a blood pact changed to have all hits carry through like some multi-hit weaponskills do. For weaponskills like that which some of which are some of the most powerful in the game like CDC and Resolution, if the mob dies before all hits landed the damage reported will be as if those hits never landed at all. So if you are testing changes make sure it's on mobs that won't die before all the damage is done. You can also still predator claw to whispering wind, and not lose out on potency at all. Whispering wind's healing range is affected but not the potency, which granted can still be very important but thought you'd like to know.
    Thanks for that info. I was testing Volt Strike, Flaming Crush, and Predator Claw. The original targets were the Mandies outside of Adoulin. But I realized that they didn't have the HP, So I moved to the Deathmaws. For the most part I was still still seeing 12k-14k, with a few 18k-25k. Tested out on the Unagnites and could only randomly get 30k (With them out of the shell) with Flaming Crush. It wasn't until I got the Apogee Crown/Slacks and the Elan Strap that I got much higher numbers. I managed to get 51,117 dmg on an Unagnite. All in all, the update is somewhat helpful, but things do indeed suffer slightly. I tried to do Salvage as a SMN and while I did complete it. I definitely struggled some without the equipment to help me. Mind you, that's to be expected, but it makes me feel that it slightly punishes those SMN that aren't Very well geared even more than before. Not to mention, TP plays a huge role now, and JA like Apogee might suffer slightly. I don't want to be a downer, because I love SMN. But maybe a few other adjustments might help. Like the Mana Cede ability could have its timer adjusted, and Apogee lose the MP hike for using it. But then that leads into another area because of the higher MP cost of constantly using Mana Cede, Because we don't have the same MP recover like BLM/SCH do with Occult Acumen + Mkryr, so maybe shorten Elemental Syphon as well some? I might just be overthinking things though.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 11-11-2016 at 10:55 PM.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Flupplewolfe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Flaming crush should just be more accurate, though there might be other changes to it no one has picked up on. Volt Strike and Pred Claw, even the Deathmaws don't really have enough HP. For the multihit ones you want to test on something with tons of HP like an Apex mob. Before the update I couldn't 1 shot insects at Reisenjima #3 every time with physical bps, but now I more than do so. The only aspect of any of this that could be a worse in some way and I'm not sure that it is, is for multihit BPs that the damage carries through on all hits, we might not get the bonus accuracy applied to all hits just the first. So you may be lacking about 100 accuracy on subsequent hits compared to what you were used to, where as before it didn't matter much because 80% of the damage was loaded into the first hit, now every hit matters equally. Shiromochi happens to have 108 accuracy though, so if you're missing I'd try using that. I do not believe there is a single BP that at 0 tp is worse than it was before, so the TP should be seen as bonus imo. The one aspect I will miss is doing physical bps to get TP and Wards/Magic BPs to spend them. It did have the effect of a tp set for the avatar being more desirable now, and this month's ambuscade gear is good for that. It may take some getting used to, but I think the end result of a 15% or more damage boost to even some of our strongest physical bps is worth it and a welcome and appreciated change.

Mountain Buster is one you might try out if you aren't enjoying the carries through hits BPs, it also has damage instead of crit chance or accuracy that it gets from TP now, so for one hit physical bp's it's actually one of the best options now.
    (0)
    Last edited by Fae; 11-11-2016 at 11:45 PM.

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    What do you mean by the potency not being affected?
    Healing Wards scale with TP. Thus, when you use the physical pacts now, quickly followed by a healing ward, you will lose potency based on if you had stored TP or not. :/
    (0)

Character
    Flupplewolfe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Whispering Wind and Spring Water do not scale potency with TP they scale range. If you don't believe me look at the wiki, or test it yourself. Carbuncle's healing wards are the only one that scale potency for TP. If you want stronger healing wards you need to up your avatar's max hp when the pact goes off, so apogee gear is great for that but then lower's your own max hp to accomplish it.
    (0)

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Thanks for that!
    I didn't know. I had wrongfully assumed all healing pacts scaled with TP after that patch. :]

*insert the more you know rainbow star here*
    (0)

Character
    Flupplewolfe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Well to be fair, I do believe whispering wind scaled potency with tp before the patch that changed healing pacts (boosted their bases all significantly), and you're welcome
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast