Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Character
    Francisco
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I haven't played nearly as much since completing RoV, but the campaigns that entice me to log in are typically the Unity coffer and Abjuration dials. Double CP should be active much more often, as others have said.

Would personally like to see a campaign that yields more Alexandrites or Nyzul Tokens somehow. Heavy Metal plates aren't that bad when we get the Voidwatch campaigns, and Dynamis currency doesn't take that long to farm these days - but Salvage gets pretty boring after a while.
    (1)

"How do I lock threads?"

Consume the contents of a bottle of Extra Strength Tylonel and then drink a beer. Soon, all threads will be locked.

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Some of the old campaigns are in dire need of updating.

Like the Campaign one the slight increases to drops, xp and notes weren't really that great at the time and compared to now pretty meh. The extra drops campaign ops was nice back when some of them were rare but a lot of that stuff is more plentiful now so people still don't do it during the campaign. Could increase amounts, droprate or add newer stuff

Similarly back when the seals battlefield campaign was introduced getting things like I kupons, old abjs, af3+2 upgrade items or old cursed gear was pretty nice but now pretty meh. Could easily upgrade that to ilvl equivalents of those. Additionally along with the synthesis item stuff maybe put in the newer rare synth items like stuff from Vagary.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
    You have no idea how much that bolded part annoys me. The entire population is funneled into Mhaura these days and FFXI no longer looks like an open world MMORPG because of it. It's Ambuscade, Escha/Reis and a few HTBF/UNMs. Spreading the population out a bit by breathing some life back into older content would do the game some good. If the populations are too small, well, most here are probably familiar with my mantra: merge the servers.

Voidwatch needs an updated means of trading voidstones to Voidwatch NPCs because bouncing back and forth between town and VWNMs every 6 fights is impractical. At the very least, recharge rate needs to be sped up (4-6 hours) via quest, affecting your stock retroactively. Lights should be increased to maybe 50% or more of their max values to offset the fact that VWNMs die so fast and not everyone has the luxury of carrying around low level gear/weapons.

Wildskeeper Reives respawn time should be changed to 15-30 min with either a 50K bayld cap and/or 2 HP Bayld guaranteed + rare chance at Aged Box.

Delve should be changed to single person entry, unless congestion is a concern, and plasm reward from NMs outside of fractures increased so those wanting some older gear/weapons or a little help farming their way to Idris/Epeolatry have extra incentive to spend time in Adoulin.

I've barely touched Vagary and would defer to others for ways to increase its appeal, short of increasing drop rates and lowering difficulty, neither of which strike me as great ideas for that particular content.

Still plenty of other material to work with for campaigns should that content ever get updated.
    You clearly missed/ignored the part immediately following the bolded statement. Becuase everyone's at mhaura because it's the best/easiest way to make progress in a number of ways (But even then, I have a hard time getting groups for it and usually end up doing it solo, despite your comments about "everyone" being in mhaura). The campaigns exist to make other contents more enticing on a tempoary basis, because if they weren't temporary, you'd simply have everyone doing whatever is "the best" and you'd have hte same problem we have now. There simply aren't enough players to spread everyone around to many different contents at the same time. The campaigns are the best way to ensure different contents are being played- Just at different times, rather than all at the same time. Even merging the servers wouldn't be enough to entirely solve this problem. It would just mean longer lines for ambuscade, which doesn't seem to be enough to push people to do other content.
    (1)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    That's simply just wrong, though.
    Instead of everyone doing the "best" content you have people spamming the campaign content. That just creates fatigue as people feel FORCED to spam 1 form of content for an entire months straight because everyone else is doing it AND it's more rewarding.

People are still spamming 1 form of content at a time, but it changes on a per-month basis decided BY THE DEVELOPERS instead of the players. Being told when you should play and what you should be doing when you play is a big no-no and should be greatly fought against by a player base whenever possible.

The campaigns make more people quit and stop playing than they make start playing, I know this for a fact from other MMO's trying the same things. It's not a good thing to do and bad for not only the game and players, but also for square enix as a business.

These campaigns are not good for the game in their current form.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    You clearly missed/ignored the part immediately following the bolded statement. Becuase everyone's at mhaura because it's the best/easiest way to make progress in a number of ways (But even then, I have a hard time getting groups for it and usually end up doing it solo, despite your comments about "everyone" being in mhaura). The campaigns exist to make other contents more enticing on a tempoary basis, because if they weren't temporary, you'd simply have everyone doing whatever is "the best" and you'd have hte same problem we have now. There simply aren't enough players to spread everyone around to many different contents at the same time. The campaigns are the best way to ensure different contents are being played- Just at different times, rather than all at the same time. Even merging the servers wouldn't be enough to entirely solve this problem. It would just mean longer lines for ambuscade, which doesn't seem to be enough to push people to do other content.
    FFXI isn't a one trick pony, for starters, even in its current form. Take a look at all the campaigns hitting us at the same time this month - how do you justify holding all those campaigns at the same time and then claiming the game doesn't have enough players for it?
    (0)

Character
    Afin
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    From the fact that you've given us a new campaign this month with the dyna ki's, it makes me think you would consider these events
    Double Therion Ichor
    Double Nyzul Tokens
    Atm these are a long grind, so i know if your helping geo's/runs and relic getting their stuff done, surely you could implement this somewhere down the line
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afin View Post
    From the fact that you've given us a new campaign this month with the dyna ki's, it makes me think you would consider these events
    Double Therion Ichor
    Double Nyzul Tokens
    Atm these are a long grind, so i know if your helping geo's/runs and relic getting their stuff done, surely you could implement this somewhere down the line
    What you suggested isn't quite in line with what we've been given so far. I think this Dynamis event is more in line with the already-implemented auto-capped VW lights or a hypothetical "no pathos" Salvage event. Basically the events are the same but the a step has been taken out that lets you get straight to destroying the content.
    (1)

8. 11-12-2016 04:46 AM
    Reason
    posted in the wrong thread

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I might unsub until this campaign ends. It will reduce the amount of playtime I have with this game greatly and I have to intentionally avoid doing a lot of things(cp/leveling mostly) for an entire month. I don't like that a monthly sub MMO that doesn't get many content updates and gets them slowly is boosting everything and making it faster for me to run out of stuff to do(thus , quit the game for years and years since content development is very slow atm).

They are great for f2p mmos - get lots of people(old or new) coming in, buying stuff from your cash shop, then they're out. For a monthly sub? Not good, not at all. You want people constantly subbed to your game, not subbing and resubbing whenever a good campaign they want is out.

Please re-evaluate potential long term revenue and retention problems that these campaigns can cause.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 11-14-2016 at 01:21 PM.

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Would we have a Voidwalker campaign where the stones always change? (outside of Abyssea)
    Or add onto the Abyssea campaign, reducing the respawn of NMs to 1 - 5 minutes? 8D
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    I might unsub until this campaign ends. It will reduce the amount of playtime I have with this game greatly and I have to intentionally avoid doing a lot of things(cp/leveling mostly) for an entire month. I don't like that a monthly sub MMO that doesn't get many content updates and gets them slowly is boosting everything and making it faster for me to run out of stuff to do(thus , quit the game for years and years since content development is very slow atm).

They are great for f2p mmos - get lots of people(old or new) coming in, buying stuff from your cash shop, then they're out. For a monthly sub? Not good, not at all. You want people constantly subbed to your game, not subbing and resubbing whenever a good campaign they want is out.

Please re-evaluate potential long term revenue and retention problems that these campaigns can cause.
    Speak for yourself. There is enough in this game to keep me busy for 100 years, even with campaign events. I love the campaigns. Not everyone can play 20 hours a day. They can't and shouldn't be balancing the game around people that can and do.
    (4)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast