Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
Noone was denying that Aeonic Bard works great in melee situations, though it brings little in magic situations.

The argument the whole time has been

A) It's inferior to GEO in most situations (when you aren't talking about stacking and sometimes when you are).

B) It needs 3-4 (not so much mythic) ultimate weapons to be competitive with a job that needs 1, and still it doesn't always outperform Dunna GEO. PLD vs RUN is a similar situation but there are places where PLD is still better and PLD does just fine.

C) Bard needs something baseline to the job. Getting Honor March makes you more efficient at... doing content you've already done.

I'm aware of the new content that sounds a lot like Incursion, "Omen" but we of course don't know what stats will be necessary nor the party size permitted.
Hey now, I still agree with all of this. I made these points earlier in the thread after all. I have just come to the conclusion that because BRD compliments GEO so well in a melee situation, SE is never going to make improvements to the BRD buffs that stack with GEO bubbles. If this is the stance SE is taking (and it seems consistent with what they've said about the state of the job), then it's a tough situation.

That's why I suggested changes to debuffs. Other than Lullaby, they aren't really impacted by RMEA at all so we're talking about changes to the base job. Can you imagine if Dark Threnody let you hit 3-4 unresisted Death MBs on certain hard NMs? Or if Requiem's potency was related to skill and could be affected by Matk or could be MBed?

There's still room for certain songs to be boosted (higher potency Etudes, adding ranged accuracy to Madrigal, etc) so I hope SE does take another look at those instead of letting the job stagnate like it has. And yeah, make Threnodies great again.