Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: BLU Balance

Character
    Flupplewolfe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I ran THF setups myself for it, but we still took BLU for 2 reasons, if someone wasn't geared enough or was late on the rudra coordination then you get adds. If adds spawn, BLU takes care of them quickly and for most hte player base the adds would and did spawn so BLU was very used for this reason. The other reason is BLU is one of if not the best cleaver in the game so getting your KI again was super fast.

Some people are taking 2 BLU DD to everything and in alliances 3-4 on hard content but I never said everyone. Leaving out the reasons for above for example is leaving out context. Most people were not able to kill the Roc in less than 30 seconds so adds became a problem -> if adds spawned then BLU can deal with all of them very quickly. This is also just a single example, and I've shown I think on every point where my statements come from with context and examples. To me this isn't even a debate, it's just obvious proof from multiple people, vs deniers using logical fallacies to deny harder. It's pretty clear where BLU power balance, and population as a result, stand. I'd be glad if the next patch just nerf's blu already so we can move on.
    (0)

Character
    Kalitzo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fae View Post
    It's pretty clear where BLU power balance, and population as a result, stand. I'd be glad if the next patch just nerf's blu already so we can move on.
    Or just bring the other jobs up the the BLU's level. I mean BLU's are strong but they aren't invincible and a lot of the stuff I go to in Escha fighting T3-Helms require me as other jobs that is not my well geared BLU. BLU seems to be OP in most things but a lot of the super crazy stuff BLU really isn't needed.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by dmuller30 View Post
    Or just bring the other jobs up the the BLU's level. I mean BLU's are strong but they aren't invincible and a lot of the stuff I go to in Escha fighting T3-Helms require me as other jobs that is not my well geared BLU. BLU seems to be OP in most things but a lot of the super crazy stuff BLU really isn't needed.

You are missing the point. Other jobs can already deal BLU level of DPS, they just can't do what BLU can do: Aoe stuff, have crazy high def, self cap haste, generate shadows(except NIN), defense down(except DRG), and the list goes on.

How are you going to "bring the other jobs up to the BLU's level" unless SE gives WAR, SAM, MNK, DRG, NIN access to blue magic?
    (5)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    You are missing the point. Other jobs can already deal BLU level of DPS, they just can't do what BLU can do: Aoe stuff, have crazy high def, self cap haste, generate shadows(except NIN), defense down(except DRG), and the list goes on.

How are you going to "bring the other jobs up to the BLU's level" unless SE gives WAR, SAM, MNK, DRG, NIN access to blue magic?
    I saw mnk/wars casting blu back during the salvage thing. Can confirm pretty OP
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    The answer to Roc was certainly not BLU, it was THF actually (had like a 25% weakness to piercing) Any pair of thieves with rudra's could skip at least one wave of adds, if not two and, with perfect timing, skip all three.
    Actually it was having a solid Warrior along who knew what they are doing. Stardiver is obscene broken in a WAR's hands due to Warcry TP scaling along with piercing bonus. Combine that with Tomawks ability to nerf the Bird's -DT and you don't even bother with adds anymore, most of my fights the adds didn't have time to pop because of how fast we killed it. Fights lasted 30s tops. Angon is just -defense, it's a nice amount but nothing that alters the dynamic of the fight, Tomahawk on the other hand reduces any special DT by 30% (multiplied not subtracted). It's really potent when things have high DT's that make them nearly invincible.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Speaking about Roc, I found it easier to solo on my lesser geared thf than my better geared blu - even with the adds (which I definitely got) - I could definitely do it on blu but kill speed was better on thf.

BLU is strong but folks are engaged in hyperbole. With trusts the self buffs are nice, but not really necessary... mighty guard is great and all but it's not gamebreaking.... a true solo, sure BLU pulls ahead but other than for youtbubers --- who is doing solos without trusts these days?

Instead of calling for nerfs, folks should be calling for fixes to the jobs they like... at this stage of the game's life nerfs are just going to make the population of the game decline.
    (3)
    Last edited by Olor; 11-11-2016 at 06:12 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Actually it was having a solid Warrior along who knew what they are doing. Stardiver is obscene broken in a WAR's hands due to Warcry TP scaling along with piercing bonus. Combine that with Tomawks ability to nerf the Bird's -DT and you don't even bother with adds anymore, most of my fights the adds didn't have time to pop because of how fast we killed it. Fights lasted 30s tops. Angon is just -defense, it's a nice amount but nothing that alters the dynamic of the fight, Tomahawk on the other hand reduces any special DT by 30% (multiplied not subtracted). It's really potent when things have high DT's that make them nearly invincible.
    Yeah, I covered that in my next post.

Some groups were leveraging Angon and Tomahawk on RoC as well. Not any group I was in, because I didn't know any good warriors (because everything else at the time was nuke, nuke nuke.).
    Due to the nature of Sneak Attack and Trick Attack though, finding thieves is a lot easier, if you don't have access to even pretty-good warriors. Which I didn't, at the time.

And for some reason, half of Valefor loves playing thief. (Not saying they're always on it, but finding them isn't hard).

---

Unrelated: Did you see the patch notes? 2h'ers got buffed . Monk still doesn't sound awesome, but they're trying.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Instead of calling for nerfs, folks should be calling for fixes to the jobs they like... at this stage of the game's life nerfs are just going to make the population of the game decline.
    You can't prove that nerfing a job would make population of the game decline though. It's just your opinion.

Also exactly what kind of "fix" are you looking for? Real DD jobs like SAM, MNK, DRG, WAR, DRK are mostly the same as 3 years ago. You sound like SE did something that broke them but they didn't.
    (2)

Character
    Flupplewolfe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Speaking about Roc, I found it easier to solo on my lesser geared thf than my better geared blu - even with the adds (which I definitely got) - I could definitely do it on blu but kill speed was better on thf.

BLU is strong but folks are engaged in hyperbole. With trusts the self buffs are nice, but not really necessary... mighty guard is great and all but it's not gamebreaking.... a true solo, sure BLU pulls ahead but other than for youtbubers --- who is doing solos without trusts these days?
    Using one fight to invalidate all the points made in the thread and ignoring the parts in that same fight BLU was very good at while also ignoring all the Ambuscades BLU dominated is hyperbole.

Also trusts was addressed as the first post in the thread. Having to not rely on a RDM trust and Ulmia to cap haste solo is one reason of many BLU is so strong solo but this also carries over to group play. If you don't need two trusts and every other DD does, you don't have to worry for those trusts dying, being disabled, and you get to use other trusts that can provide huge crit rate or attack boosts instead, or have the safety of more healer trusts or defensive trusts so trusts don't even the playing field what so ever, as was stated long, long, long ago in the thread, which I'm not sure if you're ignoring to try to further your argument or didn't read. Here is the direct quote: "This will also limit their solo potential some as they will be more limited in trusts as every other DD is." Later examples were also given. The reason to not call for buffs was also given, several times now, and I agree with Afania stating that it would lead to decline is just a matter of opinion and fear mongering in my opinion. It's a classic slippery slope argument so has no basis what so ever.

At least one thing can be sure, this thread has a ton of views and the people keeping it most alive are the very few against it, all of which who play BLU. So it's somewhat amusing to me that in that fashion they're actively working against themselves.
    (2)
    Last edited by Fae; 11-11-2016 at 02:26 PM.

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I personally know people who would quit the game if blu wasn't nefed within a year so from now.
    I also know people who would come back to the game if blu was nerfed.
    (0)

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast