Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    Distract and frazzle are spells that require to stay on mobs for a long time as a over all party enhancement like bard songs and geo spells. you can't have it randomly wearing off because of resists going from 3 minutes to instead 30 seconds. rdm's main arsenal is Enfeeble magic, it has always been and only lost its value due to magic evasion being a "Went thru the roof because of higher endgame content deal", you can't spend all day trying to land a immunobreak spell only to have it still resist and waste the immunobreak due to it becoming less frequent and eventually nil after continued use.
    Rdm does have enhancing spells but people invite brds,cors,geo because they do exactly same thing but better.
    enfeebles will resist, however it shouldn't resist 90% of the time on some current endgame content, it should be more like 20-30% of the time for endgame with fairly decent gear with pimped people being more 5-10% resist,

Be aware that this adjustment is for brd and other minor enfeebling jobs like ninja etc as well, it will allow for better use of spells and make more use out of jobs that have become enhancing only jobs, honestly, cor needs it in a massive way due to quickdraw resists with a 50-60sec recast on its charges which it has a max of 2.

as for rdm mythic sword Murgleis. adding Enfeeble magic +20% sounds more appropriate. i will create a thread for that next or bump someone elses if it already exsists after this post, support it if you feel its needed
    My cor is down to 32 second quick draw in one set higher in a dmg set.

At any rate even with the frazzle/distract buff and the resist rates of enfeebles being lowered doesn't actually say anything about the potency of certain enfeebles such as dia/bio 3, para, slow, and blind. Those are all going to be too weak to make enough of a difference to invite a rdm. Rdm enfeebles have been way too weak and useless since the end of the lvl 75 cap.

Greatly reducing the MND/INT of monsters would fix the potency of para and slow, but it would do nothing for the weakness of dia/bio 3, poison or blind. Even increasing frazzle it won't change the potency value of rdm entire arsenal. I see this as only an m. acc adjustment coming up next week. This won't bring rdm enfeebles back to the table at all.

There is a serious problem when cor can use rdm as a sub job and get a better dia/bio than rdm main with 5/5 merits into dia/bio 3

All of rdm enfeebles need to be fixed, not just frazzle/distract, this update will flop like the mnk update a few months ago.
    (1)
    Last edited by Thorva; 02-06-2017 at 02:08 PM.
    Seriously, stop pretending you are the top DD, you really aren't. Quoting bg-wiki all over the place makes you a parrot, not a God.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorva View Post

At any rate even with the frazzle/distract buff and the resist rates of enfeebles being lowered doesn't actually say anything about the potency of certain enfeebles such as dia/bio 3, para, slow, and blind. Those are all going to be too weak to make enough of a difference to invite a rdm. Rdm enfeebles have been way too weak and useless since the end of the lvl 75 cap.

Greatly reducing the MND/INT of monsters would fix the potency of para and slow, but it would do nothing for the weakness of dia/bio 3, poison or blind. Even increasing frazzle it won't change the potency value of rdm entire arsenal. I see this as only an m. acc adjustment coming up next week. This won't bring rdm enfeebles back to the table at all.

There is a serious problem when cor can use rdm as a sub job and get a better dia/bio than rdm main with 5/5 merits into dia/bio 3

All of rdm enfeebles need to be fixed, not just frazzle/distract, this update will flop like the mnk update a few months ago.
    you are right, a adjustment to the potency ratio should be the adjustment for rdm, at least change it so rdm gets a ability or make composure ability enhance enfeeble magic much like light arts enhances regen and dark arts enhances helix spells. that'll make rdm more sexy in terms of enfeeble magic
    (2)

Player
    So I see SE still has done nothing to fix rdm, if anything they made everything worse. nerfing geo in the manner they did was a terrible idea, it needed nerfs, but not m.acc nerf, brd is so broken you can cut the potency in half and it would still be over powered.

As a near perfect gear rdm all my enfeebles land on t4 nm's, but their is literally ZERO proc rate on para.

Slow still does nothing to change the fight, addle would have been good if monster m.acc wasn't so high it doesn't become effected by addle, and their spells can't be interrupted anyway.

Dia/Bio are still pathetically weak and require the use of merits

Poison is next to useless

Blind is 100% useless

Distract/Frazzle wouldn't have needed a potency buff if you didn't nerf geo focus/lang, duration was never an issue.

Called the update would be a flop a week before the update was going to happen, and I was right.
    (2)
    Seriously, stop pretending you are the top DD, you really aren't. Quoting bg-wiki all over the place makes you a parrot, not a God.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    How'd you get 32 sec recast when it caps at 35 sec?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    How'd you get 32 sec recast when it caps at 35 sec?
    I use the ACP body and W mask, I saw that W mask can get -4 delay but I only have -2 on w mask. It all depends on what set I use as well, one set goes for M.dmg the other set for tp gain.
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Doesn't Quickdraw cap at 40 seconds.

-10 seconds from merits.
    -10 seconds max from a combination of JP and Gear (Even though it's possible to get -15 seconds.)
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    Doesn't Quickdraw cap at 40 seconds.

-10 seconds from merits.
    -10 seconds max from a combination of JP and Gear (Even though it's possible to get -15 seconds.)
    Hmm no, QD recast cap at 35 secs, you can't go any lower than that even if you use both w head and acp body, that's why the ideal QD set only use 1 piece of QD recast- gear but not both since using both QD recast- gears doesn't do anything. Here's the possible QD recast- obtainable:

-10 sec from merits
    -5 sec from W mask
    -5 sec from ACP body
    -10 sec from gifts

Even with all of above the lowest recast still capped at 35 sec. I have both -5 recast from W mask and ACP body, and all JP and recast merits, never managed to hit 30 sec recast, the lowest is recast is 35 sec.
    (0)
    Last edited by Afania; 02-20-2017 at 11:20 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Hmm no, QD recast cap at 35 secs, you can't go any lower than that even if you use both w head and acp body, that's why the ideal QD set only use 1 piece of QD recast- gear but not both since using both QD recast- gears doesn't do anything. Here's the possible QD recast- obtainable:

-10 sec from merits
    -5 sec from W mask
    -5 sec from ACP body
    -10 sec from gifts

Even with all of above the lowest recast still capped at 35 sec. I have both -5 recast from W mask and ACP body, and all JP and recast merits, never managed to hit 30 sec recast, the lowest is recast is 35 sec.
    That might be the numbers you are getting, but the numbers I get are different, I get 32 seconds. None the less this is a rdm forum not a cor forum.

Edit: just tested and got 32 seconds still.
    (0)
    Last edited by Thorva; 02-20-2017 at 04:44 PM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    That might be the numbers you are getting, but the numbers I get are different, I get 32 seconds. None the less this is a rdm forum not a cor forum.

Edit: just tested and got 32 seconds still.
    It's a RDM forum but it's still related to game.

I tested with both QD recast- gears and I got 35 sec instead of 30 sec. I checked wiki and it says the hard cap for recast-. There were QD recast- cap discussion years ago when 550 gift was out. Are you sure it isn't some sort of add on/plug in recast display glitch?

I'd be interested to see a SS of QD recast @ 32 sec using default interface.
    (0)

Character
    Amarok
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I can confirm that the hard cap is 35s whatever you do. I didn't know this before and spent some effort getting the synergy item with -5s on it, only to find that the timer itself would "sometimes" show 30s but an extra 5s would have to pass before you could actually make the shot.

There seems to be a bug in the code for whenever you surpass the hard cap of 35s, which is most likely related to the 2 QD stacking mechanism. You'll see the wrong time shown for the next shot.

When they first added the 2 QD stacking mechanism, people were able to trick the timers into showing -2s or similar using the right gear and were able to QD over and over with no delay (you'd see CORs soloing ZNMs with QD kiting). They fixed that but there is still an issue showing the right recast timers when using more than -25s QD gear/JP/MP.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast