Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Thought as much, otherwise people would just DW two of the same.
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    You can DW the same relic/mythic/aeonic/empy weapon through lockstyle.

Anyway I'm not sure we should compare the time spent for Master Trials (wether it's worth it or not, it takes a bit of time to set it up) to the time they would have to spend to add a simple option/command to turn off the glow effect from RMEA weapons.
    I'm really having a hard time believing it would take them more than a couple of hours of a single programmer's work.
    Doubt it would change anything in their plans for the month.
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    Sorry, but at least with Empy weapons you just can't.

I did all the trials to make a second Kannagi (first is lvl 90). And all went well till I finished the Briaeus helms trial, moogle let me start the trial. But the moment I went to trade helms, the trial was done and gave the katana to the moogle, it told me that I must drop my existing Kannagi to make the new one. Since Kannagi has a 'rare' tag and it seems that doesn't matter the item level. The name of the item is bounded to the 'rare' tag. (At least on empys). And I'm not crazy enough to make a second Kikoku... :3

As I said it before... S**ew that...
    (0)
    Last edited by Belmonts; 10-17-2016 at 11:57 PM.

Character
    Traxus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    You don't need a second copy of a weapon to DW it with lockstyle. Make a set with the weapon on one hand, move the weapon to another inventory bag (safe/satchel/case/wardrobe/etc), equip it in the same set in the other hand.
    (2)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmonts View Post
    Sorry, but at least with Empy weapons you just can't.
    You totally can.
    Put your Empy weapon in your inventory.
    Enter the "Macro sets" menu and put that empy into the MH slot of your set, save it.
    Then move the Empy weapon to another repository (Mog House, Wardrobe, Locker, whatever)
    Enter again into the same "Macro set" you edited before.
    Equip Empy into your offhand and save the set.
    At that point equip two weapons of the same type into MH and OH, then use /lockstyleset number, with number being the number of the set you just edited.
    Voila, done, you're gonna use both weapons into MH and OH. It's just aesthetics of course, but that's exactely what we were talking about, right?

Can use the same trick for ANY weapon in the game. I do it on Ninja with Heishi Shorinken and Achiuchikapu.
    (1)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post

Anyway I'm not sure we should compare the time spent for Master Trials (wether it's worth it or not, it takes a bit of time to set it up) to the time they would have to spend to add a simple option/command to turn off the glow effect from RMEA weapons.
    I'm really having a hard time believing it would take them more than a couple of hours of a single programmer's work.
    Doubt it would change anything in their plans for the month.
    Seriously, I wasn't referring to that, I was NOT talking about /lockstyle, I was referring to actually DW two of the same weapons one 269, the other 242.

It was said to remake the weapon again and /lockstyle that weapon to remove the effect, you can NOT do that. Possessing ANY version of the weapon's final form more than once is not possible regardles the level/ilevel. Which leaves only two options: Put up with the awful glow, or lockstyle a completely different weapon.

tl;dr The post is about hiding the glow effect, not dual wielding the weapon using /lockstyle
    (0)
    Last edited by Jakuk; 10-25-2016 at 01:25 AM.

Character
    Finuve
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    glows are ugly and I want a toggle so I dont see them from any player, not just myself (considering I dont have mine yet)
    (2)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Finuve View Post
    glows are ugly and I want a toggle so I dont see them from any player, not just myself (considering I dont have mine yet)
    Correction, red (emp) glow, and white (relic) glow are ugly. Blue Mythic is lovely~
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

This would still be great!

A friend who actually prefers to play in first-person view mode (yeah, really!) recently got a glowy weapon, and the glow is not fun times in that mode.

Even more recently, I made one for myself, and it made me realise I use first-person view quite a bit more than I thought. Often it's while cruising in a dungeon on autorun or so, and other times I might be taking screenshots of monsters and places for a wikki, where it seriously gets in the way.

It seems to work similarly to some costumes, like the one from Datechochin, where it's like you're seeing yourself from behind in first-person view. It would be nice if it would at least be hidden from said view.

Even with that fixed, a command to disable them globally, or just for one's own character would still be welcome too, similar to '/jobmasterdisp'.

I've been meaning to write up a request for this on the Japanese side of the forums, but haven't got to it yet (takes a bunch of work as I'm not that good with the language still).

Figured I'd at least post here for now, in the hopes of it getting forwarded (if it never did before), since there have been some English-side replies in recent times. ^^

Thanks!
    (1)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Nelyus
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    The Glowing effect in 1st person view really is something to be removed.
    We don't need a command for it, we need this to be removed completely.
    What is the use of it anyway?
    Imagine how annoying it must be for a ranger or corsair to have its vision blurry all the time when aiming... just ridiculous!
    (3)
    Nel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast