Character
    Vonroth
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

/Staytrusts?

Hello folks.

So I was playing the other night just grinding up a alt with a buddy and we had a interesting idea with the trusts that could potentially be kewl. I know one which I've read before was having them sheath their weapons and look more relaxed which would be kewl, but I'm sure that'd be pretty difficult to implement so however on that one. The one we really liked the idea of and again, I'm not sure how difficult this would be to accomplish, but maybe have a "/staytrusts" command for them as well? Now hear me out. I think this could be neat. You could pick a camp with yourself or a few buddies and have your trusts stay put while one of you pull mobs. I never liked how they follow you like your own shadow. Gets to be annoying imo. Maybe if you wonder to far the "/staytrusts" command breaks. Doesn't seem like it'd be to tough, but who knows. Anyhow any thoughts on that people? Is that something possibly worth looking into in your guys opinions? Please let me know. I know its not endgame related so a lot of people might not care, but idk. Just a thought.
    (2)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Interesting idea, I'd like to be able to root trust in place individually so I can setup a formation. Like leave ranged trust at a distance and only have the tank follow me into battle or vice versa so the tank will take the mob away and then I can tell trust to stay put where we are (looking at you koru moru!).

Or root my melee in place get the tank into position then unroot the melee to come into combat.

Maybe a "/positiontrust <name>" command. Wherever you're standing when you type that command the trust whose name you put will come and stand where you are and not move. Until you type "/positiontrust off". This would not only solve the bad AI positioning getting other trust swiped or AoE'ed. but also if you're quick you could use it to make a trust turn and run when you see a certain pesky gaze attack coming.
    (1)
    Last edited by Cabalabob; 09-29-2016 at 11:55 PM.

Character
    Vonroth
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    That's not a half bad idea! I could definitely see myself making good use of a feature command like that. Thanks for the feed back! ^.^
    (0)

Character
    Lordzphyr
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Why don't they make trust quests that involve bonding with them like for example Curilla can't hold hate have quests that slowly improves her rate of holding hate and once you max her out a cutscene with a reward that gives you the ability to command her.
    (0)