Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

How to get the AAGK trust?

Someone ingame told me to do the AAGK fight on any difficulty. So I did, and I didn't get it. After that, a different person told me there was an RoE objective, but I ccouldn't find it anywhere. They said something about a "quests 3" but I couldn't find any such category. Where is it and what are the requirements for the objective to be available?
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    You need to

(1) have beaten (Recieved all possible Trusts) the three TRUST quests in Windurst, San d'Oria and Bastok.
    (2) Talk to Jamal in Ru'Lude Gardens to get the KI 'Bundle of Half-inscribed scrolls'
    (3) You need to get the TRUST NPC's in the past.
    * Some people claim to only need to get Rainemard, while others claim you need: Rainemard, Excenmille (S), Klara and Romaa Mihgo
    (4) Talk to Jamal to unlock RoE #3.
    (5) Activate the quest and then beat him.
    (3)
    Last edited by Jakuk; 09-15-2016 at 08:37 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    yeah ok, so is there any lore reason why it depends on a ton of seemingly totally random #&*$%?
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Just a continuation of the quest which requires the previous ones to be beaten, I imagine.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I only needed Rainemard for the quest to activate, head back to Jamal...

You will then find it under Other > ROE 3.

Beat AAGK on any difficulty.
    (0)

Character
    Topace
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Thats so stupid. I need every damn trust just to unlock it. Only SE can come up with this.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BBWallace View Post
    Thats so stupid. I need every damn trust just to unlock it. Only SE can come up with this.
    Do you? Or do you only need a handful of specific trusts that require 20-30 minutes of legwork? Sounds to me like it's just "unlocking" trusts in the past and present.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BBWallace View Post
    No, you don't.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Do you? Or do you only need a handful of specific trusts that require 20-30 minutes of legwork? Sounds to me like it's just "unlocking" trusts in the past and present.
    It's not that it's a lot of work it's just that its obfuscated behind things I couldn't have known I had to do.

20-30 minutes to do, but it took 20-30 hours before I eventually gave up, came here, and asked (upon soloing it on VE with trusts as PUP and not getting a trust)

It would have saved me 15 merits if I had deduced that it was an RoE objective (which ingame someone pointed out to me that it was reasonable to deduce this), but not having any such objective in my RoE list, I had nothing to go on. No clues in the patch notes or ingame that I had to do things.

While FFXIV's patch notes don't usually explicitly state exactly what items come from whatever new thing in a patch, the notes tell you how to participate in new content and state things like "you can get various new gear, minions, and mounts from this content", which, along with pictures of stuff before the patch comes out, makes this sort of thing reasonably easy to figure out.

It's just annoying to me because they have considerably dialed back the cryptic nonsense post-Audolin in FFXI, and then they announce this new thing everyone wants and don't even give you a hint as to how to get it (Unlike the fenrir mount, which they basically said explicitly was added as a new reward from the Fenrir quest). A quest that makes you think is fine- not even knowing you need to do a quest is not so much.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 09-20-2016 at 07:58 AM.

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It's not that it's a lot of work it's just that its obfuscated behind things I couldn't have known I had to do.

20-30 minutes to do, but it took 20-30 hours before I eventually gave up, came here, and asked (upon soloing it on VE with trusts as PUP and not getting a trust)

It would have saved me 15 merits if I had deduced that it was an RoE objective (which ingame someone pointed out to me that it was reasonable to deduce this), but not having any such objective in my RoE list, I had nothing to go on. No clues in the patch notes or ingame that I had to do things.

While FFXIV's patch notes don't usually explicitly state exactly what items come from whatever new thing in a patch, the notes tell you how to participate in new content and state things like "you can get various new gear, minions, and mounts from this content", which, along with pictures of stuff before the patch comes out, makes this sort of thing reasonably easy to figure out.

It's just annoying to me because they have considerably dialed back the cryptic nonsense post-Audolin in FFXI, and then they announce this new thing everyone wants and don't even give you a hint as to how to get it (Unlike the fenrir mount, which they basically said explicitly was added as a new reward from the Fenrir quest). A quest that makes you think is fine- not even knowing you need to do a quest is not so much.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post482612

Says on the trust page it's a RoE objective. Doesn't say anything about the bundle of scrolls guy being part of it though.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast