Character
    Ferocity
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

FFXI - 3322 when creating character name instead of 3313

Hello,

Since the server merge years ago (Diabolos > Siren), I had to rename my character due to the name being taken already. Today years later, I tried again with a mule to create my original character name (and also a close variation to it), but still receiving FFXI - 3322 with no loading bar during the attempt. I then tried creating the names on all other servers, same code 3322 with no loading bar attempt.

As a test, when trying to create a character with names that confirmed already exist, I get a different code FFXI - 3313 and it has a loading bar, as if it is attempting to create the name.

So it seems that my character name that I had for many years on Diabolos (Character name Prodigy), was suddenly blocked when the server merges occurred. That's why I was unable to retain my original name

Can this be confirmed if is a bug and possibly lifted? I assume there are other names this has happened to as well.
    (0)
    http://www.etherealls.com
    Prodigy - Ethereal Linkshell - Diabolos
    Ferocity - xEtherealx Linkshell - Siren
    Aegis 12/31/06
    Spharai 10/20/13
    Burtgang 01/05/15

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Could be a copyright issue with the name "Prodigy" (ie the band name?) that has been blocked since and therefore anything following such name say Prodigy(xxxxx) is also not allowed?

Could be a corrupt data file (holding your profile info)?

Not sure... Just speculating really..
    (0)