Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Character
    Folken
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Domille View Post
    BTW WHERE THE HELL IS MY AAMR AND AAHM. (and AATT).
    Hopefully they're holding off on AAMR to work out how to make a trust have a pet.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Domille View Post
    BTW WHERE THE HELL IS MY AAMR AND AAHM. (and AATT).
    AAHM:The new but better Gessho that does all san/ni spells (Including MBing impossible dmg like shantotto II)
    AATT:Shantotto II 3.0 (This is shantotto's MB form's power except with double damage that actually follows the mobs weakness PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AAMR: Self SC (With pet) BST.
    (0)

Character
    Alamandaros
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
    On the contrary, it's very relevant. Player A joins FFXI at a time where every trust is available, so when people on his/her server advise him to collect Trust A, B, C, D and E to help him/her knock out some older content that's no longer popular with the masses they have a goal to shoot for. Player B joins FFXI at a time where Trust A and D aren't currently available and wonders to themselves, why did Player A have an easier time obtaining these trusts and defeating this content when I only joined the game a day later? Player A has reachable goals, is happy with the way things play out. Player B is frustrated and needs extra help clearing the same objectives. Player A is far more likely to stick around and keep playing than Player B and the only difference between them is a trust or two that those of us already at end game take completely for granted.

Why do we need to have time-limited trusts - trusts that do indeed provide a great deal of help to more casual players - when those of us that already have them don't even think very highly of them? I think it's a fair question to ask.
    I'll admit, I'm at this point. I just came back to FFXI this week after a 7 year break. Initially I was happy with the Trust system and what it enabled me to do, however after doing some more in-depth research while I've been leveling, I've found that the best Trusts are locked behind seasonal events or random login campaigns.

As a player who decided to start over fresh, it's disheartening when I can actually see the difference a Trust like Shantotto II makes in the leveling process, and knowing that I have no way to access it.
    (3)

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alamandaros View Post
    As a player who decided to start over fresh, it's disheartening when I can actually see the difference a Trust like Shantotto II makes in the leveling process, and knowing that I have no way to access it.
    Exactly why this is a complete failure as an idea. You can't lock the only good trusts behind a pseudo paywall. It makes people not want to play when they can't access the basic trusts to make the game playable.

The ones you have access to without seasonal/special event/logins are complete trash by comparison, its ridiculous.
    (0)

Player
    THE NEW LOG-IN ONCE AGAIN HAS NO PAST TRUSTS.

WHAT THE HELL.

You're going from once a year to zero times a year now? Making certain trusts literally impossible to get now eh?
    (1)

I was going to rip them a new one, but then I saw the Warmachine mount. So it's now officially the best update ever 10/10.

Just hoping we get chocobos with crystal war barding next.

PS > I think it's high time devs added all trust Ciphers up to be purchased with sparks.
    (2)
    Last edited by Raydeus; 03-08-2017 at 06:15 PM.
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Player
    ALL trust needs to be available at ALL times. They can stay via their current methods: some sparks, some IS, some AN, some CP, etc etc etc etc.

But the "special ones" IE the GOOD ONES. Need to be added permanently. This is ridiculous.
    (2)

Character
    Alamandaros
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Even expecting disappointment, I'm still disappointed.
    (4)

Greetings everyone,

First let me start by properly introducing myself! My name is Zhexos and I'm with the community team and I've been working behind the scenes for our FFXI community for quite some time! As you can see from my avatar, I'm a Coeurl—a beast well known for their Blaster and Chaotic Eye skills to paralyze and silence players... but don't worry, I wouldn't dream of using them on you all!

With the introductions out of the way, let's move onto the juicy details! While I was chasing around Mandragoras and Tarutarus in Sarutabaruta, the wind carried rumors of a Tarutaru known for her (maniacal?) laugh planning to make her return this May.

In addition to this we're planning to hold the Alter Ego Extravaganza this year again. However, we're thinking it would be better to hold this event at a timing where we would have more returned players in-game, so we're scheduling it to coincide with plans for this event. We should be able to give more details on this soon, so we ask you to hang tight just a bit longer!
    (9)

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhexos View Post
    While I was chasing around Mandragoras and Tarutarus in Sarutabaruta, the wind carried rumors of a Tarutaru known for her (maniacal?) laugh planning to make her return this May.

In addition to this we're planning to hold the Alter Ego Extravaganza this year again. However, we're thinking it would be better to hold this event at a timing where we would have more returned players in-game, so we're scheduling it to coincide with plans for this event. We should be able to give more details on this soon, so we ask you to hang tight just a bit longer!
    Looking forward to it!
    (0)
    It all began with a stone...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast