Character
    Saefinn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

My SMN feels a little weak

Hey folks,
    Returning player here, I never properly played SMN back when I last played as it was under levelled and I've just got mine to 99, I was a SCH main. At the moment I've got SCH, COR, MNK and SMN to 99 and geared to i117 in relatively equal tiered gear. My SMN feels weak by comparison, as I never really played SMN to its full capacity and I'm not caught up on content people are playing yet, so I bear with me if I possess any Summoner ignorance.

For SMN my gear is:
    Full Wayfarer set (for that added +3 Refresh)
    Eminent Pole
    Caller's Pendant
    Moldavite's Earring (I figure I'll need to upgrade this at some point, this is just because I don't have anything else ATM)
    Hectate's Earring (and ditto)
    Bifrost Ring
    Electrum Ring (prolly upgrade too)
    Jaq'ij Sash
    Tiresias' Cape

I wasn't able to find much in the way of gear that affects my avatar, which I figure is where I am lacking, but for testing. Typical higher level Blood Pact: Rage moves will do 1,500 to 3500hp damage. Compared to my 4k + Thunder V's on SCH, 4k+ Weapon Skills on MNK and my 5-8k weapon skills on COR, it feels weak. Add that MNK and COR have haste through their nose and SCH doesn't have to worry about cool downs as much as SMN. Now I realise this isn't the best way to compare jobs, but I can kill stuff much quicker on SCH, COR and MNK than I can SMN.

So I figure there might be some way I can improve my SMN or maybe that I misunderstanding how my SMN should be. Maybe advice or ideas on how I should progress my gear or a more modern SMN guide. Any poke in the right direction is appreciated. (Aside from gitgud son, because I tried that and broke my ankle)
    (0)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Seraphicaller is the biggest upgrade you can get, brings your avatars up to ilvl 119, comes from hard mode mission battlefields. But before that the eminent satchet brings them to i115 and is easier to get as it comes from sparks.

Upgrading pieces of AF, relic and empy armour is great from smn due to the smn specific stats and the fact your ilvl doesn't matter as avatar level is dependant only on the satchet. SMN cape from ambuscade is good for avatar level +1 and blood pact damage +.

Getting some job points is another great way to get better. We've got some nice pet options like BP damage +, magic damage, attack, magic acc, acc. So if you can get a CP party that's a good way to improve practically for free.
    (2)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalabob View Post
    Seraphicaller is the biggest upgrade you can get, brings your avatars up to ilvl 119, comes from hard mode mission battlefields.

Getting some job points is another great way to get better. We've got some nice pet options like BP damage +, magic damage, attack, magic acc, acc. So if you can get a CP party that's a good way to improve practically for free.
    There's a new SU2 Sachet that adds BP II reduction (-6) BP Damage +10 and MACC +15 along with the ilvl 119 Avatar
    (1)

Character
    Saefinn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Ah, wicked, that's appreciated. The i115 item worked out to be exactly what I needed to hold me until I snag gear from content and now I also know what I need to work towards too. I am surprised I did not spot it on the vendor, but then I suspect I am not very observant.
    (0)
    Saefinn on Asura
    Main Jobs: Corsair: i117, Scholar: i117, Monk: i117, Summoner: i117