Thread: Kaggen Botting

Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50

Kaggen Botting

So why would a 'three star' BLU bother botting Kaggen? I've watched a Galka doing just that for the last hour on Siren .. I'm running the Prophecy add-on so am visiting nearby a lot with one character while a second one is just watching this botter, I'd post his name but I'd be the one getting punishment for doing so, not him.

It's cealr a bot, the character never moves and only attacks after the NM attacks first, he pops the NM over and over and over again.

Why?

What does this NM drop that a 'three star' would want?

Sad that SE makes the game so bottable, I guess many 'three star' have botted their way there.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraggy View Post

What does this NM drop that a 'three star' would want?
    Heavy Metal, I suppose?

Three stars doesn't mean they have won the game by the way, it just means they have 2100 JP on one job, which it's easy nowadays for any player that has been around for a while.
    (4)

Character
    Shyles
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I think you're being paranoid. Just because you "think" someone is botting RME currencies doesn't mean they're really botting. I just finished spending the last two months farming Alexandrite diligently for my mythic. My movements had become so routine after hundreds of repetitions that I'm sure someone that saw me might have mistaken me for botting.

Oh, and the two criteria you gave indicating he was "clearly" botting don't mean anything. During the VW campaign, you do a LOT of standing in one place, and the NMs pretty much always attack first. And the whole point of the event is popping them over and over again.. None of that means someone is botting. You should see what we look like at Aello.. It's pretty robotic too.

If you do think someone is botting, send a GM Ticket and don't complain about them uselessly on the forums. They have more reliable means of verifying botters than a player's conjecture. It's also a pretty nasty accusation to make about someone when you could be wrong.
    (3)
    Last edited by Shyles; 08-19-2016 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shyles View Post
    I think you're being paranoid.
    If you've played XI for any length of time, let alone MMOs, botting is fairly obvious. Especially in XI.
    (1)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Shyles
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    If you've played XI for any length of time, let alone MMOs, botting is fairly obvious. Especially in XI.
    Of course, but that doesn't mean it's fair to assume that someone is botting because they're doing something that seems strange to the observer. The OP clearly didn't understand why a 2100 jp BLU was fighting Kaggen. He didn't even appear to know what Kaggen dropped in the first place, nor that there is a VW campaign going on so people are spamming VW nms in many places.

Yet, he immediately came to the conclusion that the player was botting and should be punished, and then extended that suspicion to anyone who has 3 stars over their head. I find that equally as insulting to the people who actually worked to farm their JP and make their ultimate weapons as it is when someone cheats.

I would wager that the majority of players who assume someone is botting is actually wrong. It's not really our job to police the game anyway.
    (5)