Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Topace
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

When will Monk be un-nerfed?

For the love of all thing holy SE. I was playing on my monk which isn't crappy gear by any means and the fact that my damage was garbage to the point where even PLD was out damaging me . My victory smites were doing 8-10k and I have a WS set for it. To were the pld was pulling off 16-20K savage blades>.> Any this isn't just with H2H this is with 2 handers and general. You nerfed us all into the oblivion of hell yet gave the one handers a boost after boost. We have unexceptional TP gains,nonexistent scaling on weapon skills, with crappy damage. And watch this get swept under the rug and one handers remain superior. I'm really starting to wonder if monk can even be saved at this point.

(6)

Player
    very funny taru... =) but yeah Monk is far behind and weak weapon skill damage.
    (0)

Not denying that monk needs some attention and is generally the least desirable DD but PLDs, with a proper ws set do put out some nice Savages. On relevant content, the monk is probably WSing a lot more than the PLD.

Not everything is just about the number itself.

I've said before, I'd really like to see Monk return as a high damage-over-time class. In this period where it's way too easy to have too many melee, it would be nice to have a melee that wasn't dependent on their WS damage for high contribution to damage.

All that said, I've always thought that Monk ended up in an awkward place between dual wielders and two-handers and frequently gets forgotten about in updates to both. Not that it's always been in a bad position, it hasn't been.
    (2)

Character
    Psion
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    damage over time is kinda pointless now, as it's very easy for other jobs to hit delay caps thanks to dual wield/haste. so the only way to boost monks DoT over other jobs is to... increase their auto attack damage. which probably is going to wind up boosting their weaponskill damage too, at which point you might as well have just boosted their weaponskills damage in the first place.

And let's not even talk about adding more hits. its easy for other jobs to get lots of double/triple/quadruple attack in gear, and unlike monk and pup, THEIR weapons aren't gimped in "occasionally attacks X". all of their weapons attack round are affected by this unless their dual wielding, in which case it's still applying to all of that particular weapons attack round. but hand-to-hand? nope, we only get the first swing per round as able to multiattack, despite the fact that we're only using one weapon. it's hardly fair, since our individual swings are generally designed to be weaker individually but stronger when counted together.

Just buff victory smite, stringing pummel, asuran fists maybe, and whatever monks exclusive one is. (aesthetics fury?). and shinjin spiral too. and i guess final heaven. :P
    (1)

Player
    Monk had a really high point when Seekers of Adoulin was released. We just got into the Beastmaster era with Escha and Reisenjima. I only hope we can get other DDs to shine also, some are also long overdue. DRG or DNC for example. I also like to see RUN bloom. It's such a waste compared to PLD.
    (0)

Character
    Nyheen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by AoiX View Post
    Monk had a really high point when Seekers of Adoulin was released. We just got into the Beastmaster era with Escha and Reisenjima. I only hope we can get other DDs to shine also, some are also long overdue. DRG or DNC for example. I also like to see RUN bloom. It's such a waste compared to PLD.
    to be fair. dnc is a really good high dmg/support class already when used right, drg can use a change on recast pet time. 20 mins is far too long, time for 1-4 mins pop time. you saying run is a waste compared to pld? what?.lol rune is lot better then before, most people that want a tank, i see them shout rune or pld on my server. imo mnk is the only job that far behind in dmg. but i rememeber a time the days when it was a mnk & whm all that needed. but that was in the past
    now we at a time when it just blu,bst,geo pld run blm. sadly the other jobs get toss at the bottom of the sea
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by nyheen View Post
    ...snip...
    I agree with your point of view when it comes to Dancer. It can be a great job. But it's still not a job that has been shining at a particular moment in the past years sine it's release. A well deserved spotlight should also come to this job. As for RUN, maybe I don't know enough RUNs to attest to what you are sayiyng. On my experience I only see PLDs with Aegis and Ochain doing the tanking duties.

All in all, we need to move away from the current "mandatory" setup. FFXI being a very horizontal game, it should also offer the same treatment for the jobs available.
    (1)

As an Aegis/Ochain/Burtgang: If you're not very good and playing on PLD, you can still do decently.

As a 2020 JP RUN (lol, just haven't finished it) working on gear, and regularly using it to tank: If you're not very good and playing on RUN, you'll die a lot.

Further: Because RUN has Monk~ levels of defense and evasion, gearsets are a bit harder to build and manage. You also need to be good at managing buffs. RUN is like a better version of what NIN used to be: It has weak natural defense, but played right and you're a king.

That said, run's party-buffs (Valiance particularly!) and monster debuffs (Rayke/Gambit) are... unmatched by anything in PLD's toolkit.

Knowing all of this, if I was going to pug a tank I did not know, I'd choose an Aegis PLD over a RUN because PLD is not as hard.
    (1)

Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I think square enix use this logic balancing jobs -_-

They run some test with their internal personal not even real FFXI players.

PLD, GEO, X3 MNK and WHM
    PLD, GEO, X3 WAR and WHM
    PLD, GEO, X3 BLU and WHM
    PLD, GEO, X3 RNG and WHM

They test all the battles the best gear posible. So MNK group killed in 60 seconds, WAR groupd killed in 52 seconds, BLU group killed in 55 seconds and RNG group killed in 62 seconds. So they say "Nah for 5 seconds the game its fine". Its the players make METADRAMAS.

This game need a entire job balance. Tanks/Support must be a 7 in terms of damage, Utily/Hybrid DD must be a 9 and pure DD classes must be a 11. Yes using dragon ball super analogy to see if fuji/matsui understand me better LOL
    (0)
    Last edited by CrAZYVIC; 08-11-2016 at 07:27 PM.

Character
    Topace
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Well apparently Monk doesn't need a boost because its on the same level as blu atm.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast