Character
    Flupplewolfe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

What's up with Assassin's Culottes and steal?

If we look at the level 75 version we have:
    DEF:34 HP+19 Enmity+4 "Steal"+5 Enhances "Gilfinder" effect

Then the +1 Version Assassin's Culottes +1
    DEF:35 HP+25 Enmity+5 "Steal"+5 Enhances "Gilfinder" effect

Then the +2 Version
    DEF:44 STR+5 DEX+5 Accuracy+10 Enmity+6 Enhances "Gilfinder" effect

Steal is missing now.

The reforged version Plunderer's culottes:
    DEF:77 HP+22 STR+20 DEX+10 VIT+12 AGI+14 INT+21 MND+13 CHR+9 Accuracy+12 Evasion+17 Magic Evasion+47 "Magic Def. Bonus"+2 Haste+6% Enmity+6 "Gilfinder"+2

The reforged 119 version Plunderer's culottes +1:
    DEF:110 HP+47 STR+32 DEX+11 VIT+19 AGI+23 INT+33 MND+20 CHR+14 Accuracy+15 Evasion+38 Magic Evasion+69 "Magic Def. Bonus"+5 Haste+6% Enmity+7 "Gilfinder"+3

Steal never returned. I thought perhaps it was a translation issue, but the same is listed on the legs on the JP version, both the Steal +5 being there and then not being there.

A separate question, aura steal is a very useful job ability and I was looking at ways to maximize it, but so much about steal is currently unknown. Does job level affect it, maybe stats like dex or agi? Is steal +1 meaning 1% of the time you're guaranteed to steal or 1% of the time more than you steal now, you will steal successfully, or something else entirely? Would it be possible to also tell us what gilfinder +3 does and Despoil+ does?

Thank you for your time and wonderful game.
    (1)

Character
    Immortta
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    This same thing happened to BLM pants, maybe they want you to carry both which sucks.
    (0)

Character
    Flupplewolfe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I'm wondering if that would work though, as steal seems to be affected by level and stats, including accuracy so it could hurt more than help, that's if the listed stat is actually there which it could be a mistake and without knowing the workings of steal it becomes impossible to know what to equip for it.
    (0)

Player
    Aura Steal only works when you fail to steal an item though, so you actually want to fail stealing more often than succeed.
    It also seems to me that a lot of newer mobs just don't have a steal-able items table, and Steal is basically replaced by Despoil.

Would be nice to know exactly what Steal/Despoil+x does tho :3
    (0)