Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Vonroth
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Trust and exp the system

Hello folks. So I just wanted to bring up something I find unusual with the trusts system and that's that they don't cut into your experience gain, but real people do. Now I know for the majority of you who might be reading you probably couldn't careless and hey I'm not going to say you should. However I find the penalty to experience gain per person is just pointless and out of date anymore. I feel it's important in XI to make many friends, team up, and enjoy 1-99 together with someone. Not just endgame alone, but so many times when I'm out in the field working on a new job and see someone else doing the same I'll ask if they'd like to team up and more often then not they'll respond saying "I'd love to, but its just not as efficient" and hey I don't blame them. Shouldn't the goal be to encourage people to team up while using trust and not just using trust alone if they can help it? Heck toss in a experience bonus per person. That'd encourage the idea of joining forces all together and while this might sound silly to some think about how this would effect the game over all. More likely than not I believe this kind of system would keep the game around longer. Think about it. People would make friends more often and folks returning to the game can form bonds with players more. Rather than them coming back and leaving shortly after cause it's to lonley of a experience. Idk. I doubt people or Square will care, but I just wanted to toss that out there. Thank you if you read this. Much appreciated.
    (1)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Well trusts suck. Plain and simple. They make for a horrible party. Your EXP/CP gain should be much faster if you team up with real players, penalty included. Try killing an apex mob every 20-30 seconds with a trust setup. Its much more efficient already to party with real people...theres no need for a change.
    (0)

Character
    Vonroth
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    This doesn't have anything to do with endgame in anyway. This is in general for 1-99. The idea is removing exp penalty for real people and add a bonus even to encourage socializing so the grind to 99 may not be so lonely. I'm really not sure what you're talking about tbh. This idea is to try and keep a longer lasting healthy community for current players and new/returning. I feel anyone who values that would be for this.
    (1)
    Last edited by Jblauh; 08-03-2016 at 04:07 AM.

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I guess I'm not being clear. The bonus to having real players is that you kill the mobs much faster and can kill harder mobs for more EXP. You should be gaining more exp per hour from a party of real players than from a party of trusts because you should be killing twice as fast and killing much harder mobs. You can take out very tough mobs pretty easily with a trust party. You can takeout incredibly tough ++ mobs easily with real players. THAT is the incentive to party with real people.
    (0)

Character
    Vonroth
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    9 times out of 10 people refuse to party with me or a friend when were in low level parties because they won't gain as much experience than if you're with trust alone. They wanna party, but its not worth it for the loss of experience. I'm someone who is willing to sacrifice efficiency for socializing and while others want to they aren't always willing to do that and I can't blame them. So I don't agree with what you're saying 100%.
    (2)
    Last edited by Jblauh; 08-03-2016 at 04:47 AM.

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Your/their idea of efficiency and mine are totally different then. I feel like having more real people is more efficient because you are killing stronger mobs faster. You SHOULD be getting more exp per hour with real people. The fault isn't in the system, its in the way those people are thinking.
    (0)

Character
    Vonroth
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    But I said the focus should be on encouraging real people to party and trust fill in the gaps. Idk I'm just very very lost with what you're saying my friend...in low lvl exp parties lvling with trusts or real people won't change how difficult of a mob I can take on usually. Actually I can probably take on a harder mobs with trusts tbh just because of how they have access to early ws's and some abilities real ppl won't at them lvls. Not to mention how some will SC and MB with me on point for big dmg. I'd still take real ppl any day of the week though at those lvls. Mind you this has nothing to do with CP ptys, endgame, ect. Just early leveling.
    (2)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Wow, if I were to come across a real person that was worse than a trust at any level, I would run the other way, and fast. If these are the type of people you are coming across, I'm not sure you WANT to get to know them.

With the boosts in EXP they have already given (flat out exp boost, more rings available for better boosts, records of eminense, grounds of valor, trusts with exp boost) I would be strongly against any further exp boosts. You can already solo 1-99 in days. Maybe some other incentive types would be ok... they already added a few ( level sync, RoE objectives for level sync, and increased seal drop rate in parties).
    (0)

Character
    Vonroth
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    You're replying just to debate at this point cause you're either missing the point or just don't care and I'm leaning towards the latter based off that last reply. No one is looking at that lousey lvl sync objective think (oh yeah that's what this games been missing to being ppl together) nor is a exp ring some kinda solution. The exp gain was just a shot in the dark idea to make it seem more enticing on top of ridding the old exp penalty to socialize. It can be w/e yet that's your focus when replying and yeah sorry to say but a trust is most likely better than a new/returning player for a while. Big deal. Population count continues to plummet on many servers. God forbid I just suggest something that could help bring some folks together right. Lmao Oh this community @.@
    (4)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    How much of the community would this benefit? Very few are actually leveling low jobs these days....do a search of any area pre-adoulin and you'll see that. Maybe you don't know me from my previous grumpy old man-ish posts, but I'm tired of suggestions that make this game easier. Leveling up is already way too fast and easy. A good judge of that is how crappy players are at the highest level these days. You are suggesting making leveling even faster and easier, so yes I take serious issue with it. Again, LEVELING IS ALREADY TOO FAST AND EASY. We don't need more exp boosts. I understand your desire to be around more people, I really do, but giving parties even more experience points on top of the already rediculously fast amount they get is harmful to the game. People don't even spend enough time per level to cap skills, much less learn the job.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast