Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    And by the way, not all douchebags are on Asura, there are plenty on our little servers too, lol.
    (1)

There are lots of cool folks on Asura. OP is giving the server a bad name though.

My view is any server is a good server with friends. For pickups, I really don't see a lot of shouts these days that the average player is going to feel comfortable joining (or maybe it is just me) but there are a few - and more on Asura than smaller servers, I imagine.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    There are lots of cool folks on Asura. OP is giving the server a bad name though.

My view is any server is a good server with friends. For pickups, I really don't see a lot of shouts these days that the average player is going to feel comfortable joining (or maybe it is just me) but there are a few - and more on Asura than smaller servers, I imagine.
    I agree, though even on Asura shouts sometimes go on for hours before the party fills up, if it does at all, and that's something that everyone should find a bit troubling. It's no wonder to me why the "mercenary" business thrives on this server.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
    I agree, though even on Asura shouts sometimes go on for hours before the party fills up, if it does at all, and that's something that everyone should find a bit troubling. It's no wonder to me why the "mercenary" business thrives on this server.
    It's not troubling at all, unless you're trying to fill the party.

The server is half filled with players who will never group, and half with players that will. Most of the players that will have already done the things being shouted for, do it with their friends or have a friend list they pool from.
    (0)

Aged like milk.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Cloud and Barret play FFXI

(2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Shiva is my server. Always has and always will be. I'm not gonna write an essay, but I strongly urge people not to bandwagon pile on asura any further than people already have. It's overcrowded, full of botters, RMT and cheaters of all sorts. If you ask around, u se the linkshell concierges, etc. you can find friends to play with. Just because it's a lower pop server doesn't mean you can't get things done.

On shiva, you won't often see shouts. But it's not because people aren't doing stuff, it's because they're doing it with friends. There are dynamis D groups, there are linkshels for chatter and doing stuff, just like any other server, you j ust need to know where to look.

When you server jump to one server, you're both making problems worse on Asura (It has more people now than any server had 10 years ago. it's overcrowded, period. The reason shouts don't fill up is becuase too many people use mercs instead), and you're making things worse for the community you're leaving.

(Just realized how big of a necrobump this thread is lol)
    (1)

Logged in cause I heard there was a free week. Mainly play FF14 but someone couldn't make it for raid today. So the game does seem kind of inactive. A lot of afk people. Not even sure what you are even suppose to do in FF11. I remember abyssea. Its been so long that I don't even remember how you get to white gate.

I wouldn't change servers cause I always had the same server since starting when FF11 came out in the US.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Logged in cause I heard there was a free week. Mainly play FF14 but someone couldn't make it for raid today. So the game does seem kind of inactive. A lot of afk people. Not even sure what you are even suppose to do in FF11. I remember abyssea. Its been so long that I don't even remember how you get to white gate.

I wouldn't change servers cause I always had the same server since starting when FF11 came out in the US.
    One way you can find people who want to do stuff is the Linkshell Concierges, there are a set of them in each city including Jeuno- each one is for a different sort of goal you want to achieve, so talk to them all. These NPCs can hand out pearls to linkshells that are looking for members and may line up with what you want to do. That's how I got my first shell when I returned, and they are a beacon of activity on a small server.
    (0)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6