Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Player
    OK, so, we've gotten all 5x sets of Salvage gear (plus a catch-up month), and the assumption everyone is making right now is that the 3x Assault sets are next up... But what's coming after that? >_>;;

Assuming there is another catch-up month w/ vouchers for the new sets, that gives us a total of 10 months accounted for.. The impression I've gotten from dev feedback is that Ambuscade is going to be running on an annual cycle, so what's going to happen with the last two months? Even one month is used for a full catch-up (all vouchers available), that still leaves one orphan month..

Devs: Is the current plan to continuously add new sets/vouchers from now on, while not repeating and basically ignoring the calendar? Or if Ambuscade is intended to be a repeated annual cycle, what are you going to fill the 11th/12th months with?

Was chatting w/ LS earlier about this and came up with the idea to fill that 11th month with an updated RSE set. (Since there was no head, perhaps a non-displayed one like a hairpin could be used to fill out the set.)
    Similar to the originals, it should be "All Jobs" with appearance varying based on race. Wearing the full set would give even stats across the board (all attributes +100ish) with a solid chunk of HP/MP, and enough of the baseline ilvl stats to be competitive with gear from other 119-125 content. If there are concerns that an "All Jobs" set could impact balance, then maybe go with a defensive focus with "Damage Taken -%, higher-end MDB, Regen/Refresh and "Resist all elements" spread out over the set, but include enough direct combat stats (specifically accuracy, magic accuracy, ranged accuracy, evasion, magic evasion and haste) for the set to be useful to players who are trying to get into 119-125 content regardless of their current job, but generalized enough so that there are still plenty of clear/obvious upgrades to hunt down for each job. A leg up for all newer players and a potential space-saver for experienced ones. It could also be amusing to see everyone running around in basically their starter/onion gear once again.

I'm sure there would be concerns over receiving the wrong race's gear for some if all choices were displayed in the reward menu, so some form of racial check would have to be performed to only display equipable gear. If it would not be possible to implement a racial check within the rewards menu itself, then I think it would be best to use vouchers which could be traded in for the appropriate piece based on player race. The voucher system could allow for a simple race check without having to alter the coding of the base rewards menu itself.
    (0)

Character
    Dekusutaa
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I hope we don't keep getting more sidegrade gears that's 90% filler with one piece that's great for min-maxing.
    I feel like the Salvage version 3.0 gear from the Ambuscade set does a pretty good job of providing 1 or 2 or more (set dependent) excellent pieces, with a few OK pieces new players or players gearing up a job for the fist time can sort of use instead of the heavily outdated 117 RoE sets.

But doing that over again with the Assault pieces would be too much. Besides, when the Assault pieces came out during the ToaU era, the salvage pieces were near unobtainable and mos to of the assault pieces weren't great.

That said, they can reskin the Nyzul Isle and Assault gear for i119 purposes, but I just hope they have a good solid theme to work from or we're just going to get a lot of junk we won't use. I feel like Ambush gear already covers the generalist i119 niche.
    (0)

Character
    Esmrambo
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

NQ gear usefulness

Is there going to be a use for the NQ gear for those that we get HQ?
    Or should we just toss the NQ pieces once we acquire HQ pieces.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Have you tried storing it? There's an NPC called a Porter Moogle that can store a lot of your gear. There are different slips for different sets and one of them happens to be for Ambuscade.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4