Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    People with multiple JP capped jobs probably shouldn't be considering themselves amongst the normal populace. Sure, the system has been around for a while now, but that doesn't really diminish the fact that it is still a grind, that job discrimination still happens, grinding outside of double CP events is more difficult (particularly on not-Asura), and that not everyone has been playing non-stop since implementation. If anything, 2x CP probably needs to be something that's permanently unlocked once you complete all expansions/missions.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriha View Post
    People with multiple JP capped jobs probably shouldn't be considering themselves amongst the normal populace. Sure, the system has been around for a while now, but that doesn't really diminish the fact that it is still a grind, that job discrimination still happens, grinding outside of double CP events is more difficult (particularly on not-Asura), and that not everyone has been playing non-stop since implementation. If anything, 2x CP probably needs to be something that's permanently unlocked once you complete all expansions/missions.
    I really think the grind has been a part of this game since the beginning. I solo'd most of my CP on Asura with linkshell mates joining me for the rest. My linkshell doesn't have any job point requirements for content bring whatever job you want to play. Side note, I think its harder to CP on asura because of all the competition for mobs, I honestly would transfer if it was not for my friends in my linkshell.
    (2)

Character
    Supersummoner
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Double EXP plus should occur once every month for 9 days. The first Tuesday of every month.

All I do is casually level now. I have no interest in being "The best" this time around. I am just taking it all in......

Played the game since 2004-ish, and 2019-2020 is the only time I really touched several jobs......Crazy....
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    The event "bonus" is a gimmick. Far too many players have become complacent to wait for a "bonus" event to do any corresponding activity, including the { Chain Experience Bonus Points Campaign }.

The idea of attaching limited time occurring bonuses to content is made policy to converge players' pursuit of a 'worthy' effort.
    As it relates to specific item acquisition endeavors, it does allow unappealing battles to have a somewhat attractive reward for duration of the bonus.

The fallout is while the "bonus campaigns" are active anything that is not receiving a bonus becomes unappealing. With the concentrated attention placed into limited "bonus" enticements, the environment appears less empty.

People will be on different sides of the fence depending on circumstances within population sizes and various activity levels. I acknowledge that. Even so, I believe that any "campaign" or "bonus" associated with experience points should be handled VERY differently.

Terminate the benefit as it has recently appeared. In place, activate a limited time challenge for something that can be accomplished by new, seasoned and veteran characters. Use { https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Lure_of_the_Wildcat } as an example. It's such a good example could just layer on top of the original with new dialogue.

Reward the accomplishment with an additional https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Rhapsody_Key_Item ( RoV Key Item ). Call it whatever you like, Kupofried, a new color, whatever. The effect would be a flat +20% XP/CP full time bonus as a permanent key item. The "campaign" could be activated every other month, every 3rd month, however FFXI team at SE would determine.
    (0)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 04-09-2020 at 10:37 AM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Until very recently, I never really went for job points, but now I do have one "mastered", and a couple of others hanging at around 200-500 points (those I didn't really work for seriously).

However, I kind of started working towards 10,000 job points to give to Oboro due to my Mythic weapon (at around 7000 to go now), and that certainly makes me miss the double/triple campaign at the moment. :]

I can get around 50-60 job points per hour, alone with Trust Magic, so doubling that makes for a quite doable 700 points per week (the maximum I don't exactly agree with; it could probably be removed altogether with no ill effect). That is of course when a party with a summoner doesn't pull the whole huge room at D'oh Gates... /sigh. Fortunately that doesn't happen too often, at least not during non-double/triple campaign times.

On Fenrir I find my usual spots unoccupied quite often, even during them bonus times, somewhat depending on the time of day and/or night.

I'm not sure I would want for the double/triple times to be permanent. I guess there is a part in me that likes the grind. I guess I wouldn't have made a Mythic weapon if I didn't, but it got pretty doable in recent years, even for me, so I figured why not go for it. I know other long-time players (that may come and go from time to time) that do like the grind. Things certainly wouldn't be the same without the grind. I think we need the grind. I'll stop typing grind now.

Once per month could be nice. Probably at most once per month, during some period of days. Would not even need to be double/triple times. Would probably support such a topic.
    (1)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    The concept i was specifically describing removes the detrimental concerns that surround the capacity point campaigns being active and inactive.
    It honestly would be for the best.
    The bonus gets established with a key item, and going forward it would be up full-time.
    Granted there would not be a 100%+ per kill dopamine gratification, over-all for the community the full-time increase from a key item would be MUCH better.
    This is due to the effect never being lost once obtained.

Scheduling up-times for any sort of bonus should be completely off-limits if said scheduling doesn't blanket an entire month between ver updates.
    No Dev team should ever, ever, ever schedule a bonus interval schedule resembling what @beastorizer suggests.
    (0)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 04-11-2020 at 11:10 AM.

Character
    Akirane
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I see players with bot behavior very often in the Gates areas. All of them turn directly to a monster then engage. You have two types of bots:

a) A group stacked on top of each other where they have one or two pullers.
    b) Solo players that always jumps to the closest unclaimed mob no matter what.

You could try claiming a monster, then disengage. If it's a bot it will continue to attack the mob you claimed previously, but because you have enmity on it the bot will keep attacking it. A solo player that bots will run over to your unclaimed target and attack it if it's the closest mob. You can run away with the unclaimed target and the bot will follow you! You can drag that player through the entire map if you wanted to, as long as you have enmity and are moving continuously the bot will not stop chasing its target. If you move too far, the bot will disengage and claim a different monster instead. If you repeat the procedure, you can have them chasing after you.

The bot behavior differs from time to time, the bottom line is it's depressing knowing there are bot players out there that don't have to do any work for the reward. Maybe we could use "Goblin Bounty Hunters", but for Gates areas?
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Solonuke View Post
    I see players with bot behavior very often in the Gates areas. All of them turn directly to a monster then engage. You have two types of bots:

a) A group stacked on top of each other where they have one or two pullers.
    b) Solo players that always jumps to the closest unclaimed mob no matter what.

You could try claiming a monster, then disengage. If it's a bot it will continue to attack the mob you claimed previously, but because you have enmity on it the bot will keep attacking it. A solo player that bots will run over to your unclaimed target and attack it if it's the closest mob. You can run away with the unclaimed target and the bot will follow you! You can drag that player through the entire map if you wanted to, as long as you have enmity and are moving continuously the bot will not stop chasing its target. If you move too far, the bot will disengage and claim a different monster instead. If you repeat the procedure, you can have them chasing after you.

The bot behavior differs from time to time, the bottom line is it's depressing knowing there are bot players out there that don't have to do any work for the reward. Maybe we could use "Goblin Bounty Hunters", but for Gates areas?
    I'm not sure how these wouldn't either get caught up in AOEs and be ineffective or be an actual problem for actively engaged players.

Really though, you don't need any special third party programs to "bot". simple keyboard macros available on every major gaming keyboard and mouse can do this sort of thing. If they went after people AFK or semi-afk grinding XP, I sure hope they'd also be giving a lot more attention to RMT botting, which is a lot more harmful. The XP grinders aren't really hurting other people much/at all by comparison. And it's really a side effect of apex grinds not being the most challenging or interesting part of playing the game. people have been automating the things they find boring for ages lol. Some people liove these kind of grindss, some don't. I play Warriors franchise games- I can appreciate a long repetitive grind, but not everyone can lol.
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Here's the issue Solonuke (Akirane) now and many of us prior have been bringing to light: corruption.

For multiple multiple millions of gil, typically billboard yelled via bots on Asura. Asking prices ranging around 10M for an invite for a 'scheduled' acquisition of 500JP. So the ToS violating seller then utilizes a bot to occupy a viable camp and place unearned JP gains onto whomever is gullible enough to agree to the payment.

Bots are continuously used not only at the Apex enemy sources, but in exploitative content including regular EXP PL, sparks rewarded NPC sales, crafting spheres and more.

So other than those who take the ethics of a "Traditionalist" who refuse to violate ToS, the large segment of economic interactions at the ilvl 119 tier is occurring between accounts violating the ToS most typically with the usage of prohibited 3rd party tools.
    (0)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 04-11-2020 at 03:02 PM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Really though, you don't need any special third party programs to "bot". simple keyboard macros available on every major gaming keyboard and mouse can do this sort of thing.
    This is a bit different to switching 'auto-fire' on your gamepad. This appears to be a third party semi-advanced software that people and RMT are using.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The XP grinders aren't really hurting other people much/at all by comparison.
    I guess you have never had a group of them stuck together ploughing through the mobs you are soloing? There is also the problem of RMT using this method, which is why groups of them are stuck together on top of each other in the gate areas and why yell is full of them selling job points.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 04-11-2020 at 06:06 PM.

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast