Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    They are. If you quit just before Seekers got off the ground and you rejoined recently, it's one of the more intense grinds you can do currently. No one will carry you in CP parties unless you pay, because there's a HIGH CHANCE you will not even blow wind on an Apex monster, let alone barely dent the "starter" CP mobs thus making the grind longer and harder because you have to settle for the least efficient method until you can actually do the efficient one.

So..tell me, how isn't it a grind if you have to start from ground 0 in order to even reliably get JP?

Maybe it's just me..but I'm noticing it's mainly people on THFs saying this.
    Do you know how much accuracy is given with gifts? For THF's it's 36, THF has average accuracy, so unless the job has native accuracy bonus traits, it's the same or lower for the rest of the jobs. 36 accuracy is very rarely the difference between a total whiff fest and CP-viable accuracy. If it is there's plenty of gear to acquire to make up for that.

We don't live in a world where you must be 2100 to do any content. 2100 wasn't even a thing until the very end of SoA, and I recall doing SR with 550 as the cap, which is after you complete Adoulin and one of the final events in SoA. Ambuscade and some Escha gear also blows away the delve gear you acquired to do at that time. So you are more capable of reaching necessary levels than when Apex mobs first came out.

And there's plenty more to do. Can't reliably hit Apex mobs? Go farm some escha gear. Can't beat certain Escha mobs? Go farm vorseals. Get really desperate? Buy gear from a merc.

After doing a little Escha farming, and maybe some UNM farming, you'll even get a few JP's to speed up the process and start unlocking some of the benefits.

You're allowed to PROGRESS through the game, you don't need to do only one thing at a time.
    (0)

There is a reason the vast majority of people who come back to this game are gone in a month or two.
    (1)

Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Castanica View Post
    There is a reason the vast majority of people who come back to this game are gone in a month or two.
    Because the game is essentially in dead mode and there's almost no new content to look forward to aside from progressing through content that's already getting old to the current crop of players?

Not seeing how that's a JP issue.

I earned my JP and gear over the course of YEARS. You're demanding it happens in a couple hours.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    Because the game is essentially in dead mode and there's almost no new content to look forward to aside from progressing through content that's already getting old to the current crop of players?

Not seeing how that's a JP issue.

I earned my JP and gear over the course of YEARS. You're demanding it happens in a couple hours.
    No it's because the grinds are monstrous and nobody will help with anything unless there is money handed over, you don't know how awful this game is right now because you did it back when everyone was on the same footing.

Asura is the biggest server, new people join it every single day. You know how many people are on the server today compared to when I came back 7-8 months ago? Pretty much the same amount, the quitting rate is extremely high. the grind scale in this game is 1,2,2,2, 1000, 1000, 1000, quit.
    (0)
    Last edited by Castanica; 07-14-2016 at 01:24 AM.

Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    No it's because the grinds are monstrous and nobody will help with anything unless there is money handed over, you don't know how awful this game is right now this because you did it back when everyone was on the same footing.
    This game is at the easiest it has ever been to "get back into" aside from maybe the launch of SoA. Rhapsodies made so much grinding a ton easier, alluvion skirmish gear can be solo'd to get some of the BiS end of SoA gear, and you can use that to grind out until you can clear Escha.

Fact of the matter is if you can't kill things it's not because of the JP grind, it's because you're unwilling to take the steps to better your gear over the correct process.

Asura is the biggest server, new people join it every single day. You know how many people are on the server today compared to when I came back 7-8 months ago? Pretty much the same amount, the quitting rate is extremely high. the grind in this game is 1,2,2,2, 1000, 1000, 1000, quit.
    Why do you assume everyone quitting is new? Some of the biggest players have quit (Cbbs for example) as well, since you can actually "beat" the game since we know it's all basically over.
    (1)

This game is at the easiest it has ever been to "get back into" aside from maybe the launch of SoA. Rhapsodies made so much grinding a ton easier, alluvion skirmish gear can be solo'd to get some of the BiS end of SoA gear, and you can use that to grind out until you can clear Escha.

Fact of the matter is if you can't kill things it's not because of the JP grind, it's because you're unwilling to take the steps to better your gear over the correct process.
    This whole thread is going off from the original point I was making, however the JP grind is nowhere near easy at all. The vast majority of people don't even have more than couple of hundred JP. I've been back for about a year and I have under a few hundred, and I grind for hours during gain xp to come away with 20 or so JP.

The prospect of getting JP on another job is hilariously off the wall crazy, getting 1k+ on one job is bad enough.

You know as well as I do that the quitting rate is very high, it's not because there is no new content because the vast majority of them never get to do the content the game already has.
    (0)

Character
    Rydal
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Just ignore posts that are educating you and remain ignorant. You'll continue collecting a few hundred CP and remain frustrated and quit in a few months. I on the other hand will be mastering 2 more jobs in the next CP campaign on a character that started from scratch a year ago with no help. If you're complaining that JP is a terrible grind, then you need to start playing another game or give up on JP altogether. Maybe a year ago I would have agreed with you, but today, there is no excuse to not being able to solo your way to 200+ JP if you spend time on it. I guess you're expecting to see those purple letters flash every time you kill a mob in Ceizak Battlegrounds.
    (2)

Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    This whole thread is going off from the original point I was making, however the JP grind is nowhere near easy at all. The vast majority of people don't even have more than couple of hundred JP. I've been back for about a year and I have under a few hundred, and I grind for hours during gain xp to come away with 20 or so JP.

The prospect of getting JP on another job is hilariously off the wall crazy, getting 1k+ on one job is bad enough.

You know as well as I do that the quitting rate is very high, it's not because there is no new content because the vast majority of them never get to do the content the game already has.
    Have you gone over the posts explaining all the CP bonuses? Finished Rhapsodies? Done reives? Done story missions and completed the RoE's? I legit grinded by THF to master over a month or so just killing 30-40 mosquitoes at a time using two trizek charges a couple times a day. That was skipping Apex parties entirely.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Rooj View Post
    Not really seeing ~100 JP an hour for ~21 hours an "extreme" grind.
    Most players are not getting that, most jobs are not welcome in content that gives anything close to that, ever

Have you gone over the posts explaining all the CP bonuses? Finished Rhapsodies? Done reives? Done story missions and completed the RoE's? I legit grinded by THF to master over a month or so just killing 30-40 mosquitoes at a time using two trizek charges a couple times a day. That was skipping Apex parties entirely.
    Again, all of the things to even get CP bonuses are a huge grind. Making JP such a necessary thing for content is basically telling all new/returning players:

"Please solo grind for 1000 hours before considering participating in group content."
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

I've known a few people who came back just to say goodbye to the story.

If you've been gone 5 years from any MMO, you should expect to be behind. People gone 5 years were in abyssea, they know what's up. People gone 3 years saw the release of ilvl, they know XI changed.

Much as I dislike the spam-nature of the fights, Ambuscade gear is a stepping stone and a great one. Since the "golden age", SE has gotten much better at "stepping-stone" gear. The only trouble with Ambuscade is if you miss the month your gear came out, you're seemingly out of luck. The grind for last month's gear is much longer and if you're a newbie, that really really sucks. If you're more than a month late, you're just... out of luck. I wish SE would change it.

Cruor gear (Teal, Perle, Aurore), Bayld gear, Skirmish II (the tent one), Bayld +1 gear, Reforged JSE, JSE weapons, Alluvion Skirmish, Ambuscade Gear. I deliberately left sparks gear off the list because I think it was designed to be unimpressive gear. Also can't forget abjuration and adoulin campaigns.
    (0)

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast