Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Rydal
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Job points, like the great Stompa already said, are by no means necessary. People make them necessary (BST, BLU, BLM, SCH gifts are all very good) but they aren't the end-all. In fact, with the exception of BLU, most jobs can compensate the lack of gifts with gear, granted with lower damage output and missing some spells but the job can still be very good in whatever event.

JP gets easier to get as you go along. Just do 10 a day or so and soon you'll see that you'll be getting 15 in that same amount of time. Soon it'll turn into 20 and 30 a day in the same amount of time. That's just solo in Escha or Reisenjima. In a party, you can clear 50-100+ JP in an hour depending on the party and how much JP you start with. Post 1200, you can easily get 200+ JP in an hour, going from 1200 to 2100 in one day.

Edit: Forgot to mention: having JP and gifts across jobs makes the whole system moot. The only gifts that you could argue could be cross-job are CP bonus and SU1 and 2 gifts, since those affect your character.
    (1)
    Last edited by Rydal; 07-13-2016 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectreman View Post
    This has happened since the introduction of REM weapons actually. How many jobs were considered useless unless you had one of those? This still happens today. The Job Point system is just another extension of the epeen/elitist requirements for endgame that are not really required at all, but due to the mindset created in the elitist community of this game, it became another must-have feature.
    I had a relic back when they were obtained with large alliances farming twice a week for just you, a relic was a tiny improvement over normal weapons.

Job point gifts are a whole other level, they are required as you do harder stuff and incredibly OP on everything.
    (3)

Wait, did someone really call JP an "extreme" grind? lol............
    (1)

4. 07-13-2016 05:00 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Rooj View Post
    I bet live to win music starts erytime you login doesn't it?
    (0)

Not really seeing ~100 JP an hour for ~21 hours an "extreme" grind.
    (1)

Not really seeing ~100 JP an hour for ~21 hours an "extreme" grind.

Giving you some generous benefit of the doubt and assuming you're trolling.
    (0)
    Last edited by Castanica; 07-13-2016 at 07:56 PM.

Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Haha, this thread. When JP first came out there was basically no good camp. We would fight T-VT bats on map 2, getting like 5 JP an hour or something absurdly low, and did that all the way through to 550 or 1200, I forget which cap did. Then on my THF I did the whole 1200 to 2100 JP just farming other stuff. I'd go clear RoE's in reisenjima, farm torques in Escha-Ru'aun, or farm merits for merit fights, while burning my Trizek ring (use it, come back 2 hours later and get two uses in one go) and that's how my THF capped JP. I think I got COR and RUN capped in two Apex parties each (from 1200, all done farming in Woh/Sih Gates map 2 originally). I have LS mates that claim to be doing 400~ JP an hour.

JP are not "essential" to do other content. And if it's a slow grind to you, you have lots of other things you can be doing so as to not grind JP as your only option. You can go work on vorseals, on ultimate weapons, on some gear, etc. Don't focus on only one thing at a time and it'll all be a lot easier to handle. The only time you "need" JP's are progression content, which is usually only a few fights at any period of time. But even then it's not always needed, I made a static recently and I'm the only person with Master, three of the people are brand new(characters made within the last month or two), and we clear Ru'aun t3's, Reisenjima t2's, etc. even still.

One of the foundations of this game is grind, always has been. JP's are not even close to the worst grind in the game, and are something you can get in a variety of places, a variety of ways, and are faster now than the first year or so they had been out. So no, JP's are NOT ruining any foundation of this game. They're an example of it.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    Haha, this thread. When JP first came out there was basically no good camp. We would fight T-VT bats on map 2, getting like 5 JP an hour or something absurdly low, and did that all the way through to 550 or 1200, I forget which cap did. Then on my THF I did the whole 1200 to 2100 JP just farming other stuff. I'd go clear RoE's in reisenjima, farm torques in Escha-Ru'aun, or farm merits for merit fights, while burning my Trizek ring (use it, come back 2 hours later and get two uses in one go) and that's how my THF capped JP. I think I got COR and RUN capped in two Apex parties each (from 1200, all done farming in Woh/Sih Gates map 2 originally). I have LS mates that claim to be doing 400~ JP an hour.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo
    (0)

They are. If you quit just before Seekers got off the ground and you rejoined recently, it's one of the more intense grinds you can do currently. No one will carry you in CP parties unless you pay, because there's a HIGH CHANCE you will not even blow wind on an Apex monster, let alone barely dent the "starter" CP mobs thus making the grind longer and harder because you have to settle for the least efficient method until you can actually do the efficient one.

So..tell me, how isn't it a grind if you have to start from ground 0 in order to even reliably get JP?

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    JP are not "essential" to do other content.
    Maybe it's just me..but I'm noticing it's mainly people on THFs saying this.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Rydal
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    The first 200ish points are the hardest grind. After that, you should have enough CP bonus gifts to start seeing a big pick up in points. The first 200ish points can be solo'd without fighting very powerful monsters. Marjami Ravine, non-Apex mobs in the Gates zones, Escha zones, and Reisenjima all have soloable CP monsters that are not even difficult. If you can't hit the mobs, it's your gear that's an issue, not your JP. You can plow through the first 300 JP solo in a few weeks; sooner if you have the following:

-CP Bonus from Records of Eminence by completing all the story missions (up to +90%)
    -CP Bonus from completing all the Rhapsody KIs in Rhapsodies of Vana'diel Ch 3 (up to +90%)
    -CP Bonus from Records of Eminence by completing all the Reive Content quests (up to +56%)
    -CP Bonus from Capacity, Trizek, or Facility ring (+50%, +150%, or +150%)
    -CP Bonus from craftable capes or Incursion capes (craftable NQ +25%, craftable HQ +30%, Incursion +1-50%)
    -CP Bonus from Kupofried (+10%)
    -CP Bonus from Corsair's Roll (+8-24%)
    -CP Bonus from Monster Rearing Cheer (+1-9%)
    -CP Bonus from Unity rank (+1-20% I believe)

All of these bonuses stack per bullet. These alone make CP extremely easy to get solo, especially during a CP campaign. They are not an extreme grind. If you're getting very low CP, you need to clear more content before starting the grind.

If it takes you more than an hour to get 10-15 JP even zero JP, you need to focus on the list I provided before you start to complain about the grind.
    (3)

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast