Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    Which is why in 99% of all returning threads where people go "What job should I do first to get into endgame?" it's almost entirely people saying GEO. Choose a support job to start things off, acquire the gear for your other jobs, and then you'll have a much more solid base for getting into things as a DD. This has nothing to do with how SE makes the game, this is a feature of any type of game. You're not going to join up and beat the DD's that have top notch gear, so you just have to deal with either playing support or slowly getting a DD together the hard way.
    I did that with BRD and then it was obseleted. I put a lot of work into it too.

I'd totally level GEO but the bubble animation makes me nauseated. I've tried, it makes me sick. It isn't a big deal when I am not the GEO (for some reason) but even leveling I felt ill. At any rate, I play so little right now I'd really just rather play a job I enjoy. Even if it means all I do is solo.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'm with Olor: that bubble animation makes me sick as well. Too bad my ls wants me to play geo all the time....lol. The bubbles also slow my game down considerably... I lag so much with a geo in my party. The only other time I experience this is in Sea. I know they made the bubbles a little less obnoxious. I just wish there was a way to turn the bubble animation off entirely.
    (1)

The large bubble is bad enough. The core of the luopons is the worst, especially when there's multiple stacked on a small mob, like Humans in Sinister Reign.
    (1)

Character
    Donnell
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Are they ever bringing back Trizek Ring ? Kind of sad being left behind because of the ring. How are returning players suppose to catch up ? Honestly makes you not want to play the game.
    (0)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    LOL mono... thats 3 posts I have read in 3 minutes where you ask for the same thing.......
    (0)

They will probably give out red mog pells at some point, they seem to do it a couple times a year. You can trade them in for trizek. Otherwise you're gonna have to wait till the next adventurer appreciation campaign in spring 2017.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    >> Job points are a good idea in principle but in reality they have pretty much
    >> killed the "you can use any job on your char" idea. Now you have a main
    >> job and that's it.

>> Job points are such an extreme grind and are so important now to playing
    >>this game that you can only really use 1-2 jobs anymore. The rest are scrub jobs.

I must disagree. I have eight (8) mastered jobs:

WHM - working on mythic
    BLM
    BST
    DRG - relic & Aeonic
    SAM - relic GK, bow, and Aeonic
    SMN - mythic
    GEO - "mythic"
    RUN - "mythic" - working on Aeonic

As you see, six (6) jobs have REMA weapons. All jobs have purpose in the game either in end-game adventuring or making gil.

As for other jobs being "scrub" jobs, I disagree. The jobs I have not yet gotten to 99 and/or mastered are still important -- such as BLU or COR. These jobs, though, weren't on my first list, but will get on the list as I have more time to play the game.

Additionally, being able to use 10K JP to start augmenting REMA weapons is another good use of Job Points.

Just FYI: I've been playing since March 2004 (NA PS2 release).
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    >> Job points are a good idea in principle but in reality they have pretty much
    >> killed the "you can use any job on your char" idea. Now you have a main
    >> job and that's it.
    Thing is, this was never really a thing because if you didn't have the best gear for your job (or close enough to it) you couldn't use that job. Some jobs just couldn't be used at all because an efficiency minded endgame players wouldn't allow anything that wasn't the bestest and the fastest, regardless of whether the content can be cleared with it.

Job points have enabled more jobs to be used more freely since literally every job becomes more independently capable, even if the demand for it in a group is still low. And some jobs have innate utility that transcends the job point system and will always be useful in some way. They also add an almost iincrimental-game (e.g. clicker heroes, afk arena, adventure captialist) sugar rush whenever you get enough points to unlock the next gift. Until you master, there's continually more things to keep shooting for.
    (0)

Character
    Maestrel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    When there's a double exp campaign people tend to shout more often for a CP Party, i think Double Exp should come more often too, like every week-end.

For now, and i talk about Asura serveur, CP/hour isn't really good to enjoy and ppl prefer to get the Mercenary that use Bot to EXP their CP.
    SE should totally tackle thoses Party Bot, and let's everyone enjoying CP pty.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdryik View Post
    When there's a double exp campaign people tend to shout more often for a CP Party, i think Double Exp should come more often too, like every week-end.

For now, and i talk about Asura serveur, CP/hour isn't really good to enjoy and ppl prefer to get the Mercenary that use Bot to EXP their CP.
    SE should totally tackle thoses Party Bot, and let's everyone enjoying CP pty.
    This is something that would have played out far better if server populations stayed balanced, instead of stacking on asura resulting in it being hard to find camps, where ohter servers you can cp wherever you want most of the time.
    (1)

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast