Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Smite

Player
    I -mostly- agree with you here, but as much as survivability, it's resistance to being completely disabled and useless.

There's no way to get rid of amnesia, and it just SHUTS everything down for a certain amount of time. Charm messes with hate and gets people killed and also turns off DPS, can't remove it either. Because of the way TP works, monster special move frequency, and the amount of monster special moves with nasty disables, yes, we can remove alot of them, but when it's spamming 2-3 moves with 2-3 disables each (The monster can just do one move, and dispel 8-10 buffs on everyone which is rough to put back up, or slowga and silence everyone requiring a lot of effort to remove slow/re-haste/remove silence etc), it's very hard to keep up with, and all this time spent disabled just makes the melee useless compared to mages which can just avoid it all.

It's not a matter of laziness or making things easier per-se I mean, we're completing the content now mostly... it's about it being far less efficient to do with melee, making melee never the right choice on the content, which is a balance problem.

I'm not sure the exact answer, but it's somewhere between monsters not having such ridiculous effects on melees and the melees resisting/surviving these moves better.
    (0)
    Last edited by Selindrile; 07-10-2016 at 02:07 PM.

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    You can remove amnesia with ecphoria rings. You can sleep the charm. I'm not sure I would agree with adjusting charm, but I do agree that there should be other ways to remove amnesia. You can use medicines to remove most other status effects, which have ALWAYS been a big part of Final Fantasy games. The multi dispel sucks, I don't have a smart answer for that one.
    (0)

Player
    Ecphoria ring have long cooldowns for mobs that spam, and you need to be fulltiming it otherwise you have to wait for the initial cooldown to wear, so, unless you want to carry around about 10 ecphoria rings and continaually swap them out.... hah, no.

I have no problem with mobs doing the occasional status effect or even mass dispel... it's simply that the insane amount, type and frequency of debuffs that mobs, make melees not playable right now.

Sleeping charm doesn't stop the fact that you just turned off that person's dps, but, admittedly, charm is more niche than the other issues... again, it's not an issue of difficulty, it's an issue of these things making melee inefficient and therefore not viable compared to mages now.
    (1)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Well there are several, and I mean a HUGE number of mobs, that are magic resistant. In these situations, ranger spam is the solution since they don't get hit either. Just being able to take some hits would get melee back into the fight. The status ailments are a mechanic of the game that makes each mob unique.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2