Thread: Master Trial

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Master Trial

Has anyone actually done this? I have only seen 1 shout for it when i was online but to for SE to say "The recently-added Master Trial proved popular with many players" i have to question that.

I think the idea of Master Trials are awesome but i think the current one has far to many enemies in it.

Outside of very exclusive LS's the chance of finding 18 people who would want to do this seems very unlikely.
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Secondplanet View Post
    Has anyone actually done this? I have only seen 1 shout for it when i was online but to for SE to say "The recently-added Master Trial proved popular with many players" i have to question that.

I think the idea of Master Trials are awesome but i think the current one has far to many enemies in it.

Outside of very exclusive LS's the chance of finding 18 people who would want to do this seems very unlikely.
    That's the point of it, it was never supposed to be shout content. It was made for "elite" linkshells to have a challenge. What they should of done was also give one of those fancy master titles with stars but make it green or something. The kind of people who do this stuff want everyone to know they beat it, the sword was not enough.
    (0)

This is the part where I'd normally say how awesome it would be if a Master version of Maat's fight was included, but the dev team has made it abundantly clear they only care about linkshells and couldn't care less about solo and casual players.

So I'd suggest just forgetting this content even exist.
    (3)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    This content wasn't popular at all, at least not in the non-JP groups, and it will never be popular unless some things are changed about it. I've been wanting to express my opinions about this wasted content for a while now, so here it goes!!

If they want this content to be relevant and actually taken on by players, they need to add rewards that are actually meaningful. I'm sorry, but if they really think a lockstyle sword (a SWORD, only to be used on select jobs that can even USE swords...), a title, and perhaps a sense of accomplishment is enough for people to blow 500 merits a try at Master Trials, SE devs seriously need to rethink this.

The problem I have with this content right now is that the devs are just blowing resource time and management on content that hardly anyone is doing or will want to do. Among the Master Trial BCs, the boring, cosmetic mounts, and the pointless adjustments to still pointless chocobo digging, I just feel like the devs are wasting much of their resource time instead of producing content that players actually want.

It's just ridiculous to think that they really are trying to sell this content as actually being popular or that it ever will be popular at this rate.
    (6)

Creelo, I often wonder if perhaps the Japanese just love this stuff and eat it up, and so that's why we keep getting more of it. For sure, most of the players that I see wearing silly lockstyles and costumes are japanese.

I will admit getting some great laughs out of the crab mount but I wasn't looking forward to it and wouldn't miss its presence, although I appreciate having a practicably summonable mount.

And yeah, 500 merits is inconvenient to farm, especially having to take breaks to hit the goblin. On top of that, merits are a significant portion of many players' incomes.
    (1)

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Creelo View Post
    The problem I have with this content right now is that the devs are just blowing resource time and management on content that hardly anyone is doing or will want to do. Among the Master Trial BCs, the boring, cosmetic mounts, and the pointless adjustments to still pointless chocobo digging, I just feel like the devs are wasting much of their resource time instead of producing content that players actually want.
    I couldn't agree more, this time could have been spent fixing current issues like balance or even adding more events that the base in a whole can join. I know on Asura that so many people are looking for event LS's but most LS's are social and the event LS's that are taking people in expect you to have everything you would want out of a event LS to start with.

I also want to point out that SE has backtracked really hard recently. Most events if not all that have come out recently have been made for 3-6 players before they started scaling up in HP/Difficulty. You have Escha/Reisa which starts scaling after 3, Vagary and UNM after 6. Just seems like a event for 18 people is a big step back, even more so if you have to rely on pickup people who might have just got lvl 99 2 days ago after 1 day of leveling and don't really know they job they are coming on.
    (0)

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    On top of that, merits are a significant portion of many players' incomes.
    Someone posted on a different forum that 500 merits worth of VD AAMR is about 70mil gil. So basically that lockstyle sword costs several hundred mil since you are probably going to need at least several tries to win.
    (0)