Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where do you go to exp now?

Came back since they offering free time again, but I have no idea where you are even suppose to exp now since the game seems so empty and there aren't any exp parties. Last time I played I finished the final rhapsodies last free month. But I still need a ton of merits points.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zumi; 05-16-2016 at 04:05 PM.

Player
    I wish my server was empty during double xp/JP campaigns, I can't get a dang camp to kill Apex
    (0)

Character
    Saruhiko
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I use this small guide from 2015:

1-10 Ronfaure
    10-20 Valkrum Dunes
    20-25 Qufim
    25-30 Lower Delkfutt's Tower
    30-50 Crawler's Nest GoV 1 and 2
    50-60 Cape Terriggan FoV 1
    60-70 Bostaunieux Oubliette GoV 4
    70-78 Zeruhn Mines GoV 4
    78-89 Outer Horotuto Ruins GoV 7
    89-94 Dangruf Wadi GoV 8
    94-99 Gustav Tunnel GoV 8

source: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.htm...46275376777801
    (0)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    San d'Oria, Windurst, Bastok: Rank 10
    ZM:O CoP:O AU:O ACP:O
    Italian Dragoon FTW! <3 Azure 4Ever. (Roleplayer)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    If you need merit points just kill things in Escha. I think I get over a merit per kill.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Kjara View Post
    I use this small guide from 2015:

1-10 Ronfaure
    10-20 Valkrum Dunes
    20-25 Qufim
    25-30 Lower Delkfutt's Tower
    30-50 Crawler's Nest GoV 1 and 2
    50-60 Cape Terriggan FoV 1
    60-70 Bostaunieux Oubliette GoV 4
    70-78 Zeruhn Mines GoV 4
    78-89 Outer Horotuto Ruins GoV 7
    89-94 Dangruf Wadi GoV 8
    94-99 Gustav Tunnel GoV 8

source: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.htm...46275376777801
    While that's a good starter, for someone that finished RoV exp comes fast enough as it is without F/GoV.
    Especially during the EXP chain campaigns.(Keep in mind, F/GoV still helps a ton especially with some of the bonuses.)
    Also from 40 until late 60's you're pretty safe to go to Escha Zi'Tah, probably beyond but I simply don't like the TP moves by some of the mobs there.
    70~75 I usually go to good old Sky from where I go to Dangruf Wadi doing gobs and bunnies until 81~82 and Crabs and Opo Opo until early to mid 90's finishing off with Mandragora outside of Adoulin.

As for merits,
    Escha or Reisenjima are the places to get them, as Ulth sais, you'll get about a merit per kill.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Came back since they offering free time again, but I have no idea where you are even suppose to exp now since the game seems so empty and there aren't any exp parties. Last time I played I finished the final rhapsodies last free month. But I still need a ton of merits points.
    exp parties are not really a thing anymore outside of CP parties - do you have your trusts? Call those up and have fun with super fast exping ^^

If you really want to exp with others try doing a little shout in Jeuno or whatever before you head out - you might find a person or two who wants to join
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

To the people who said Escha or Reisenjima those mobs have too much evasion to even hit. I remember for the final missions you had to kill some for some drop and it took like 10 min just to kill one and that was with using sushi.

I really need merits for my stats since you can get 105 merits in stats now and what not.
    Low level exp i don't need, so low level areas out of the question, most of the jobs I already have at 99 because of abyssea, but now abyssea seems pretty dead. Use to get 20 merits in 2 hours there.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zumi; 05-17-2016 at 03:49 AM.

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Mobs in Reisenjima are much tougher than say Escha Zi'tah. They give about the same exp though but Reisenjima mobs giving much more cp. If you want easy fast exp I say go for the monkeys in Escha Zi'tah, there are RoE quests for both of them and they only pop jewelweed NMs which might as well not even be NMs.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    Mobs in Reisenjima are much tougher than say Escha Zi'tah. They give about the same exp though but Reisenjima mobs giving much more cp. If you want easy fast exp I say go for the monkeys in Escha Zi'tah, there are RoE quests for both of them and they only pop jewelweed NMs which might as well not even be NMs.
    Are job points even worth doing ? I saw the list for Paladin which is my main job and they all look terrible. A bunch of upgrades to stuff that isn't useful at all. That and they take forever to get, I think I have 5 or something and I been playing the game for awhile.
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    For pld it's worth up putting some effort into up until 100, that gets you enlight II which will give you a lot more accuracy than enlight I. Really I wouldn't worry too much about it. For sure do all the RoE things that boost the amount of cp you get. Those being the story line missions and reives. After that as long as you play on that job you will get maxed out eventually. On thf I'm maxed out completely on job points 2100 spent and 500/500 extra. Also the anniversary event is giving out cp rings that never run out so grab one of those for sure.

Edit: For those interested thf job points are definitely not worth grinding out. Best thing I got out of it was +6 triple attack and +6 crit damage, woo. Farm enough torques in Escha Ru'aun for people and you will get it anyway.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ulth; 05-17-2016 at 04:10 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast