Character
    Craftthree
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1

When will they add -ga to status cures?

-ga is really needed for status cures, even if it just hits a small radius around the NM or mob.

I see with Ambuscade, that they are adding so much damage that one WHM cant cure all status ailments and cure the whole party at same time. People are staying paralyzed far to much during this timeframe.

by the time it takes to cure paralyze on everyone in party, the dragon already stomps group paralyze down again.

Realistically, if a dragon can group paralyze that often, there would be a healer who could also group paralyna in vana'diel?
    (3)

Apparently Yagrush is required to be a WHM in end game these days.
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    Apparently Yagrush is required to be a WHM in end game these days.
    ^
    Never is indeed the answer, by doing so they'd make a Mythic weapon completely obsolete.
    Not saying you're completely out of options as the Ebers Cap +1 also has a pretty decent procrate on its own, not to forget Divine Seal to force the DV effect as well as stratagems, if you sub Scholar of course, and if you truly have trouble keeping everyone free of status effects you may want to consider having fewer people near the dragon especially keeping the back line far enough not to get hit by its AoE attacks.
    That is, if you are the healer of course. If not, might want to relay the message to your healer that their maximum casting range is pretty farm from the dragon's AoE range with the exception of its nullifying song.

[edit]
    And if you feel like living dangerously we actually do have an AoE cure (almost) all status effects;
    Esuna, which happens to be able to cure paralyze while you are in Afflatus Solace stance. Downside, you'll have to be in range and get hit by the status effects too.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shirai; 05-10-2016 at 04:54 AM.

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I am a Yagrush-owning WHM and I fully support better AoE ailment removal magic for WHM.

Almost everything churns out AoE status effects these days, often in quantities that are impossible to remove safely or quickly. Divine Benison is wonderful but it's not enough.

I don't believe that restriction to a single subjob or creating a Mythic are good answers to this problem. Esuna is and has always been awful - it's only safe to use around monsters that aren't deadly and that don't spew out status effects that restrict Esuna's operation, i.e. monsters where prompt status effect removal isn't necessary.

I would gladly give my Yagrush a different boon (aha) if it opened up the possibility for other WHMs to have functional AoE ailment removal.
    (2)

Character
    Erroclese
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 72
    It would be really nice to have status -ga spells. The whole idea of Divine Seal + spell is awful. Could we maybe get at the VERY least a job Ability for this say....

Battle Medic:
    Next status spell is AoE,
    Cooldown: 2:00

?
    (0)

new content has been ridiculous with the status effects... ambuscade pretty much requires you to have a whm trust to back up your whm on status cures.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Or you know, bring remedies/panacea if you know your foe is going to spam statuses.
    (1)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Sacrifice+Esuna is also a thing for all but some of the most crippling status ailments. Use it for Blind, lighter Paralyze, Curse, Slow, status downs, Virus, Poison, Bio... it doesn't work on Silence, Petrify, or Amnesia (not like you'd want the former two on your WHM, locking them down, or the latter preventing Afflatus changes), but on the majority of regular statuses it's useful. There are a few things that will make it a pain like Impact dropping 7 erasable statuses on you, because Esuna only removes 2 with Misery up, but it's a useful combination that not enough White Mages use. On that note, Sacrifice also removes the Curse that prevents recovery, which is normally unremovable.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Thing is only WHM can use those things. Why must they get a monopoly on AoE status cures?
    (0)