Player

Vana'diel Project: When are we getting more info?

So yeah, when are we getting more info on the Vana'diel Project? I really wanna know what's happening with the mobile game. The Spinoff and the future of the PC version.
    (0)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The spin off has been out for ages, it's final fantasy grandmasters and is Japan exclusive, the mobile version of ffxi is coming out some time this year, there's another thread here that has an article about it with some pictures.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...of-FFXI-Mobile
    (0)

3. 05-08-2016 08:23 AM

Player
    I'm just hoping the future of the PC version has meaningful updates to justify playing the game. I'd hate to see the game fading away from the lack of new content. It doesn't have to be in the form of expansions. It just has to be in a way the game doesn't become monotonous.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AoiX View Post
    I'm just hoping the future of the PC version has meaningful updates to justify playing the game. I'd hate to see the game fading away from the lack of new content. It doesn't have to be in the form of expansions. It just has to be in a way the game doesn't become monotonous.
    We just got ambuscade, which is incredibly popular. This month they are throwing more content
    (0)

Well, it seems SE is still highly interested in delivering great content. We just have to stay tuned to see what is coming out every month.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    We just got ambuscade, which is incredibly popular. This month they are throwing more content
    Ambuscade was quite underwhelming as a new event. I hope it gets better than beating a dragon over and over.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by AoiX View Post
    Ambuscade was quite underwhelming as a new event. I hope it gets better than beating a dragon over and over.
    ^. The gear is great (the one set we've gotten), the duality of the point system is genius, but the fight is extraordinarily boring, combined with the monotony of warping to Qufim, going into Zitah, fighting for 10 dragons/puks, warping back to Mhaura, fighting with the book for entrance.
    (0)

Character
    Malichi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    What I want to know is, since the console toe tag has been cut off, will SE consider an HD re-skin? I know that remaking the game in high def would be asking much but at least increasing the quality of the skins on everything would be nice. It's a PC only game at the moment so why not, or even perhaps creating a competition for player created texture packages!
    (0)
    A man is measured by how he conducts himself while being destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Malichi View Post
    What I want to know is, since the console toe tag has been cut off, will SE consider an HD re-skin? I know that remaking the game in high def would be asking much but at least increasing the quality of the skins on everything would be nice. It's a PC only game at the moment so why not, or even perhaps creating a competition for player created texture packages!
    They have been making several UI adjustments and have been alleviating on certain limitations.
    I'm pretty sure we'll see more improvements in the foreseeable future on those parts.

A reskin however, I don't see that happening.
    Especially not with player involvement, SE's legal devision would have a heart attack if SE were to just release their IP like that.
    (0)

Character
    Raiya
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    The did work on a new UI for a while but it never made it outta beta. They COULD always release a new UI or work again on it so its possible its just a matter of it they'll work on it again or not.
    (1)