Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kalitzo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Suggestions to fix SMN.

I really love SMN but one thing I would like to see fixed is the BP timers. Every other job that has MP isn't limited by casting usage. You wouldn't make a very good BLM if your spells were set to a global timer "Cast fire" now every spell has to wait 30 seconds. Or WHM with cures. I think either we should have seperate timers per avatar or the timers should be lowered to 15 seconds, I mean even if our timers were lower our BP's consume MP, so we are still limited on how often we can use our BP's through our mp. And we also need our buffs to be over lvl 75! Why aren't these issues for SMN being fixed!?
    (3)

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I have been on these boards for some time now asking for our Wards to get fixed as Diablos Phalanx is 12 reduction..... really 12? I don't mind BP timers but at the same time it would be nice if the timers went towards points that can be stored to 3 so we can choose how to space out the attacks. Also i find avatars defense a joke as any proper ilvl mob will kill off any avatar in 2-3 hits or one TP/AoE attack which makes using BP's hard to use as they could die before pulling off the attack.

Another thing that can be done to help update summoners is to update avatars favor to be more potent and to even add detrimental effects on monsters. But another thing i'm not sure if it effects things is that when i use BP's the icon for the avatar favor blinks making me wonder if it reset or not.
    (0)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    BP timers really aren't that bad if you look at how they've evolved. Originally SMN only had BP, no rage and ward, so 1 move every minute. Then we got rage and ward for 2 BPs with a 1 min recast, then we got BP delay gear brining that down to 45 seconds, then BP delay II so we're now down to 30 seconds and we also have apogee and astral conduit which lets you SC and MB with your avatar now they have SC properties as well as just spam BPs back to back for a few seconds.

However I do like the idea of SMN being restricted by mp rather than timers. I used to want BPs to all be on their own timer, e.g. instead of BP: rage having a 1 min recast, every rage pact would have a 1 min recast. So if you used flaming crush it would have a 1 min recast but you could still use punch, double punch, meteor strike and conflag strike.
    (1)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Mythic smns can put out alot of dmg, so I'm not sure how they would adjust smn without making mythic smns very OP
    (0)

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    mythic weapons are supposed to be OP, and BLMs can easily out damage nirvana smn as it stands
    (1)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I would say SOME mythic weapons are very OP. Not all, I've pushed for years that Carnwenhan should do more for songs than just increase duration.
    (0)

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    Mythic smns can put out alot of dmg, so I'm not sure how they would adjust smn without making mythic smns very OP
    Considering our avatars take 1-2 hits or 1 AoE from endgame content before they die makes all the power in the world useless.
    (0)

Character
    Dekusutaa
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Maybe they'll let us to get 15 second timers eventually, but Apogee was actually buffed from 5 min to 3 min ability last fall.

Campestre's Cape (Amuscade cape) is easily one of the best BIS/full-time all around cape they added for any one job
    Augmenting with +10 pet regen paired with a couple of telchine gear with +regen augments and pet dt boost and Isa belt gives my pets ~1% regen per tick. It's game changing in a lot of end-game things. I highly recommend it over haste (no point if your pet dies trying to get tp lol)

My pet current has -15% DT (plus JA and avatar PDT) and +17 regen on idle. I have an MP refresh build for when pet is not in danger, but i idle on regen and -DT most of the time.

Yes, avatars aren't going to survive needle type damage from certain NMs, but so are most jobs, but not all mobs have those abilities.

We're not the bastard child job anymore.

In a few days, we'll probably get another set of buffs to our wards
    (0)
    Last edited by Dekusuta; 05-03-2016 at 02:53 PM.

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    i would go that way myself but would end up making me nothing more then a awesome looking blm. My current setup for smn gives my avatars 1181 accuracy and around 1200 attack before i eat food. I do have a DT taken set for when i need to hold something on my avatar which is around -20%DT and -7%PDT might be higher haven't really looked lately.
    But i don't think we should have to rely on DT stuff which sacrifices accuracy/attack just to allow us to safely use a blood pact.
    (0)

Character
    Malichi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    A quick solution in my mind would be to add a trait to SMN that makes the pet immune to damage from the time the command is given to the time it lands, which in a lore sense, guarantees the pact is fulfilled. That and the Caller's Pendant could be slightly more potent in its TP gain, OR make the timer for Mana Cede lower.
    (1)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast