Thread: Job balancing?

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    So you are saying there are no fights on this game where magic damage is less effective than melee damage is?

I find that hard to believe Olor.
    There is Glazemane, but that is more like the exception that proves the rule.
    (2)

So you are saying there are no fights on this game where magic damage is less effective than melee damage is?

I find that hard to believe Olor.
    I'm saying that melee don't excel in current events generally. While there may be one or two fights they are good in the VAST majority of events favour the same small handful of jobs: PLD BLU SCH WHM GEO BLM... maybe COR... give or take one or two jobs depending on the event...but overall almost everything is best with those jobs.

One or two fights may be an exception but we are SO FAR from what you're suggesting the ideal is - which is where some jobs are good at some events and some jobs best for others. Right now it's "small handful is best for 95% of events" and "rest of jobs are not wanted for pretty much anything" and "here are some special isolated cases where an outlier job is useful"

This may not be your experience but it is mine and it is the experience shared by most anyone I know in game - and the one reflected in shouts.

Yes, technically you *can* use the "bad" jobs in this content but realistically outside of small close-knit groups - no one really does. Not everyone has the luxury of playing with people who are okay with doing things the hard/sub-par way.
    (5)
    Last edited by Olor; 05-27-2016 at 05:35 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Raiya
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicycre View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'd like to inform you that adjustments will be made to two-handed weapons soon!

I appreciate the feedback you guys are giving and encourage you to keep giving us your thoughts.
    Any word on the devs ever reviewing some of the spells as well that npcs and mobs have but not players?

Examples = banish iv, aga 3, tier 4 aga elemental, hastega, remaining ninjutsu enfeebs, diaga series and so on.
    (0)

Survivability is definitely an issue. But it seems SE is finally starting to realize this with their recent ambuscade offerings. It only took them over a decade to start to address it.
    Just saw this line, even though I'd replied to this particular post before. Sorry.

Sulevia's addresses that concern. The new Usukane does nothing to address this. Regen isn't a terrible stat but you almost always want -dt (dt, mdt, pdt, mdb) over regen. Some players like to wear regen gear while not in combat/out of range for aoes but if you're fighting, damage reduction gear.

I was super-duper stoked about Sulevia's. It's an amazing set for newbies, gap fillers, and my very-geared PLD uses the legs in my -breath set). It's also a generally terrific set for drk/drg that need more DT (unsure about war, since they dip into so much of PLD's best stuff).

The new usukane just isn't.

Take the Ambuscade fight this month. Maybe the high amount of evasion on the set helps the mnk evade some of Mow and survive, but the drk wearing Sulevia's doesn't have to depend on a chance for the set's benefit to proc, they can rely on the -dt. And the -dt may be what saves them and will do more for the demon's elemental aoes and Hecatomb Waves.

Many other fights, the -dt is much much better than it is in this scenario.

I hate to sound like a broken record but mnk/sam/nin deserved better. Pup deserved different.
    (3)

Character
    Psion
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Which reminds me of another pup issue- deploy. we cannot use deploy further than 17.5 yalms or so (depending on monster size, this may be slightly shorter or further.) However, the max casting range for a player or automaton is just above 22 yalms, while ranged attacks are 25 yalms. divinator II doesn't help this, because the automaton only stays about 10 yalms away with this equipped... which is even worse than deploying at max range with divinator I and hoping it stays put.

I'd like to see this abilities ranged increased to at least 20-22 yalms so we can deploy automatons at max casting/shooting range, or change the divinator II to make them maintain max casting/shooting range distance depending on frame. As it stands, 10 yalms distance is worse than worthless- it's not far enough to avoid any but a very few AoE attacks, and now your automaton can't hit the mob with melee attacks to add to its damage. worst of both worlds. make it so they don't close in unless theyre out of casting/shooting range, and then have them only close in enough to be just in range again. monsters moving out of casting/shooting range isn't a huge issue to begin with, but having your automaton get pelted with AoEs because it decided 18 yalms is too far to cast (when it's not) so it feels like it should run into melee range is.

also, shortening deploy/retrieve to 5 seconds recast (or even 1 second!) would be a very welcome change, especially when tanking multiple mobs, or as an example, tanking a taurus boss. when a boss is rapidly firing tp moves, sometimes it uses a gaze attack so often that deploy or retrieve isn't ready. I don't see why we need to have a 10 second delay on simply telling our pet to attack or stop attacking a target.
    (2)

Character
    Kalitzo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I just noticed today BLU needs a upgraded refresh spell. Maybe something like refresh II? And would love it if my Haste II from erratic flutter could stop being over written by haste 1 lol.
    (0)

BLU doesn't need a more potent refresh. A couple of the ARE bodies have refresh+2, along with easily obtained rawhide mask and augmented rawhide legs, as well as swords.

When expensive spells are part of my strategy, I make sure to have an RDM trust.
    (1)

Character
    Endil
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 34
    Reading this thread makes me want to quit. I just came back to the game, but it's not very encouraging to see all these interesting jobs to play and yet most of them are useless.

Why do you guys continue to play if the job balance really is this abysmal?
    (1)

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I mostly just idly do old content that's possible to solo nowadays, and shitpost on the forums. I've found it hard to really get motivated to play as of late.
    (2)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dmuller30 View Post
    I just noticed today BLU needs a upgraded refresh spell. Maybe something like refresh II? And would love it if my Haste II from erratic flutter could stop being over written by haste 1 lol.
    Or just invite a RDM. At least that way, some semblance of job balance is preserved.
    (4)
    "NeED★RdM? PLeaSe sENd★teLL!"

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast