Character
    Trulusia
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Job ability haste/delay reduction

As it stands now, Warrior is the only melee DD job in the game with no natural access to ability/magical type haste. Please note that I am counting Martial Arts and Dual Wield in with ability type haste as they do not count towards magical or equipment haste.

Samurai has Hasso. Dark Knight has Desperate Blow. Dragoon has ability haste from their wyvern. Ninja has very high amounts of dual wield. Dancer has a large amount of dual wield and Haste Samba. Thief has enough dual wield to cap their delay with appropriate gear. Monk has very high amounts of martial arts. Puppetmaster has martial arts and the ability to cast Haste II on themselves. Ranger, with jobs points and equipment can completely cap their ranged attack delay with Velocity Shot and Snapshot. Corsair has Courser's Roll and Snapshot. Even Bard, if you chose to melee, can sing marches. Red Mage can cast Haste II on themselves if you were to melee.
    Beastmaster doesn't pull out their weapon, but their pets have a natural 20% ability haste from job points, and the Boar pet can self haste.

And of course we have Blue Mage, the only job that can completely cap their attack delay with a mixture of Mighty Guard, Erratic Flutter and Dual Wield without sacrificing large amounts of tp by overstacking Dual Wield.

So we are left with Warrior, Paladin and Rune Fencer.

Paladin and Rune Fencer both are exceptional tanks, and while both CAN deal damage, that is not their primary role nor does anyone expect it to be.

Warrior is not an exceptional tank. Aside from actions that create enmity, and the fairly weak buff that is defender, they have no real tanking ability. Retaliation doesn't stop incoming damage, it just grants TP for it's use. By using a sword, they can self heal somewhat using Sanguin Blade, but that stops them from being able to deal damage.

Warrior is not a tank. They are an off tank at best, but the same could be said of Samurai, Ninja and Dark Knight, who all have much better damage mitigation.

So Warrior is a pure DD job, and the only one without and sort of self haste/delay reduction, magical or job ability/trait. Why? Or better yet, how is this balanced when Blue Mage is able to completely cap their own delay reduction, and warrior cannot without Hasso, Haste Samba and capped magical haste? Or if single wielding it's just totally impossible.

Don't get me wrong, I feel Warrior is a pretty good job, all things considered. But all other DD jobs have other things they CAN do, whereas Warrior is only a Damage Dealer, and they have the short end of the stick. With extremely good gear, I believe they are among the best damage dealers in the hands of skilled players. But as a pure DD they are disadvantaged. Double attack is fine and dandy, but it's not an excuse to say that Warrior is somehow the only job that shouldn't be given some form of delay reduction.

Anyway, I don't expect anyone to respond. I don't believe any changes will be made. But in the current game state the majority of the playerbase essentially only takes a Blue Mage as a melee, because why bother taking any other damage dealing jobs? Is that just how it's going to be? I don't think Blue Mage needs to be brought down, I think other jobs need to be brought up. Not even Blue Mage is taken to 145 content. There is only on viable strategy for that content, and that isn't an ideal situation for a game with as many possibilities as FFXI.
    (2)

Character
    Jeanfi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    They only think of war as a subjob, they could at least remove the crap defense down on berserk, eva down on agressor or give us chant dy cygne so we can spam it too and be awesome.
    I'm joking, game is broken , there's no balance between jobs , so don't complain and go level blu.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    wut about bst? Bst has all that and can't use shields all that well (or get many good ones)
    (0)

Player
    War is the only job in the game that can reach 100% double attack allowing war to 3 hit AG Rag, the other jobs on rag max out at 5hit

war gets a minute long tp bonus from warcry

war can buff the entire DD party for 2 out of every 5 minutes.

drk does NOT get better dmg mitigation, it gets the same. both are -50% which is cap damage, however drk attk+ ja is another -10% def more than the -def of war. Drk gets dread spikes, drain and cata, drains get resisted all the time, dread spikes doesn't work when you get hit by tp moves and most nm's only hit DD with tp AoE moves anyway, apoc cost 160+mil to deal less damage than a war just to survive.

War relic AG can make war a solid tank option, war also has voke which is a massive hate tool that sam, drk, and nin don't get without sacrificing an enmity tool sub job, or supporting sub job.

Drk gets JA haste at a massive -34.77% defense penalty

War has far more acc than drk, something that would be needed for a support tool for drk in order to survive (apoc/cata which is frequently known to miss in dire situations)

Finally, war max buffed, which is about the only time you will have a war, (or drk or sam for that matter) hits 78.75% haste, only 1.25% away from haste cap. Most drks ride hasso anyway so 23.75% of that last resort is a wasted buff and only used for -def and +attack, just like war.

War needs no buffs. I know, I have AG Rag and AG Apoc, I have both war and drk 2100 and have played them both in 150 content.

As for blu only.... find a better group, we take all kinds of different melee types to 145-150 content including war, drk, thf, blu and even melee rdm.
    (2)
    Last edited by Thorva; 12-15-2016 at 12:25 PM.
    Seriously, stop pretending you are the top DD, you really aren't. Quoting bg-wiki all over the place makes you a parrot, not a God.

Player
    BST has nothing related in the slightest to master DD other than Fencer. Every other JA/JT we have is pet-related. No job haste, no DW, no attack or accuracy bonuses, no nothing... (That would be why a lot of us don't bother whacking things.) A single jug pet being able to self-haste doesn't count for your argument as it doesn't benefit the master directly (and you are complaining about the job of the player affecting something.) That pet is also not highly used, and we have better jug pet options for most tasks that are going to be encountered.

Dual Wield/Martial Arts also reduce tp gain, which can be enough to counter the benefits gained from higher attack speed. I've run into many many fights where excessive tp feed to the mob is lethal to the players, so its also not always a good thing.
    (1)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Every job doesn't need the same things in different flavors.

Warrior is very strong and versatile currently even without any innate JA haste.
    (2)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Why the necrobump...

Quote Originally Posted by Thorva View Post
    Finally, war max buffed, which is about the only time you will have a war, (or drk or sam for that matter) hits 78.75% haste, only 1.25% away from haste cap. Most drks ride hasso anyway so 23.75% of that last resort is a wasted buff and only used for -def and +attack, just like war.
    The only thing you need for a WAR is a healer and a ... GEO, entrust is a thing and Haste is a spell learned at level 40 / 48. If you think a single GEO is "superbuffed" then that explains a lot.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Why the necrobump...

The only thing you need for a WAR is a healer and a ... GEO, entrust is a thing and Haste is a spell learned at level 40 / 48. If you think a single GEO is "superbuffed" then that explains a lot.
    Do you just make up things to try to make yourself sound better than people? At what point did I say a geo was the only thing needed for a super buff? You need to stop with your delusional thinking.

Furthermore a war needs more than just a whm and a geo, that was very evident when you lost to a blu in parse during ambuscade on your precious warrior and made him change to brd so you can deal more dmg. I have physically watched over the shoulder of my 16 year old nephew beating you in dmg.

Your "great" rdm isn't even geared right as a buddy of mine looked at your gear and straight quoted me what you wear, which fully explains why you think rdm is such an incapable job. You didn't even think rdm could DD, which I proved doing more than the 80% of a "real DD" like you wanted beating many "real" DD in damage, because you can't do it most likely because you just aren't geared for it or don't even know how.

Seriously, get off your high horse, you are nowhere near as good as you think you are. You have little kids beating you in dmg, you make people job change if they beat you in damage so that you can deal more dmg. I thought war only needed a geo and a whm? What happened? Why did you make the blu that was doing more damage than your war get on brd? Why is it, your best dmg was only 5.5k dps on kirin yet for some reason you still think you are the best in the game? That is literally only 2/3 of what I have done on that very same fight.

You can't play anything that doesn't have an easy button, proof when my trashy 100jp blu was keeping up with your capped gear/jp blu in SR 2 years ago on another account yet you still thought you were great for barely winning the parse, don't you remember? yeah you were trash talking because I didn't even have reforge feet or jp for diffusion, yet my 1 week old blu kept pace with your capped blu.

You throw fits if you don't get perfect scenarios, you make drg leave a party because he doesn't live up to your standards (ironic standards when you lost to a blu in dmg and made him swap to brd that very same group) instead of just being a man and dealing with it by picking up the slack. You know, like your WoC where someone used warcry when theirs was dispelled and overwrote yours last night (yeah I hear everything) Suck it up princess, handle it and move on.

Stop jumping in and out of forums going on personal attacks and quoting bg-wiki, you aren't a God, you are a parrot at best. You think you are good because you can do a whopping 2/3 of the damage I can? I have seen you play, I have seen your numbers, I have seen videos of you in your prime, you aren't nearly impressive enough to be as rude and arrogant as you are.

As for the "necrobump" I don't troll every forum repeating the same useless information every single day that everyone has memorized can be found on BG, so the "necro" was the first time I saw the thread and was a just answer at that.

I repeat, war is only useful when super buffed.
    (2)
    Last edited by Thorva; 02-20-2017 at 04:47 PM.
    Seriously, stop pretending you are the top DD, you really aren't. Quoting bg-wiki all over the place makes you a parrot, not a God.