Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cesil View Post
    For mine its like 260 total...some are 99, some are anon

but yea if this doesn't happen and there is no reply, idk how this will last...i know eventually ill end up unsubbing again, sigh, thought by now they'd address this..oh well
    Cerberus was/is just as bad, as seen here three months ago during midnight Eastern time. The populations should have never been allowed to dip this low.

While Asura is night and day by comparison, I haven't seen any indication whatsoever since my move over a month ago that it's on the verge of overpopulation despite the worries expressed in threads like this one. I've done BCNMs, Ambuscade, CP and Escha NMs without any issue. It could easily accept one of the lower populated servers in a merge, preferably one with a more active JP population.
    (0)

I heard Asura has 1k-1.5k on average. Also another point is..no one wants to come play with me when they ask how many people are online and I keep telling them 200ish lol.

Perhaps SE really does want this game to die..a shame, I really liked it.
    (0)

Character
    Neferflash
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I'm glad that i picked Asura. Can't imagine how horrible would be playing on a dead server.

/cheers Asura!!
    (0)

Character
    Neferflash
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrist View Post
    No you don't. You only care about what you perceive as the community. It has to stay the way you want it or it's bad.

What I see? Are the loads of people coming back to the game because they can finish their bucket list solo, who are excited about new content without dealing with old problems like the high-level,high-gear elitism that still mires a lot of groups. They're jumping into linkshells with open recruitment and talking, socializing, asking for help, be it information and presence, and getting it DONE because they don't need a full party, but they do need/want a bit of company.

The community isn't falling apart. It's growing, taking new shape. Threads on Reddit are still being speckled with people who are new or returning and asking for advice. And I for one did not join simply to be antisocial. But I'm not going to wait around for an hour to find that one rare party that is ok with my playstyle, when I can get three normals done bringing along one to two people of my own, or even going solo, it just a hair bit more time.

So, yes, I staunchly disagree. Solo players are doing more to keep this game on life support than the die-hard linkshells that won't accept them, and there are plenty of players in-between. Creating content that appeals on all levels of it, does more to maintain the health of the game than appealing to one or the other. That's what Ambuscade does in its ideal. They just needed to cut down the congestion issue.

Couldn't say better.

/claps
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Cesil View Post
    I heard Asura has 1k-1.5k on average. Also another point is..no one wants to come play with me when they ask how many people are online and I keep telling them 200ish lol.
    Yeah, I dealt with some of that. Not everyone is willing to spend $18 to move on top of the $13 to return to a game that has changed drastically since they last played, so they come back to wither away on quiet servers, frustrated that they can't overcome certain hurdles and quit out of frustration. Not much hope in bringing them back after that.
    (1)

The last two years in August they had a "Discount campaign" in which the transfer fee was half price> $9. I'm hoping they at least offer that again this year, If they don't announce a merge real soon. Tired of most things I put in the AH not selling.
    (1)

Character
    Feary
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    per to the OP, Sylph is now 151 to 350 total players.

we were told S.E would start to look into a server merge in April. Running into August and still no Update.

Sylph til I DIE. however

the problem now is that everyone is getting restless and just moving in groups to other servers(asura). it is snowballing.

first time in 13 years ive considered moving. its now critical for the life of this server and game please s.e do or at least say something.

p.s. at this point i would be a fan of 3 regional/playtime based servers and end this topic.
    (0)

I loathe how people talk about the Grandeur of Asura, as if it's doing fine and the others failing.

It's only that people quit or bandwagon to Asura. It's like the fat guy at the table eating off everyone else's plate.

More than likely, Reddit saved Asura.
    (1)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 07-17-2016 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feary View Post
    per to the OP, Sylph is now 151 to 350 total players.
    NA peak player numbers are not total population, also I have no idea why you're asking them to reply to this. You know they won't.

There is a far greater chance they will close the game down than do a merge. They aren't even interested in trying to add micro-transactions which shows they have given up on even trying to make the game more profitable. I would be amazed if the game has more than a couple of years left in it.

Move to Asura or just suck it up, merges aren't worth doing at this point.
    (0)
    Last edited by Castanica; 07-17-2016 at 05:21 AM.

Character
    Feary
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Castanica View Post
    NA peak player numbers are not total population, also I have no idea why you're asking them to reply to this. You know they won't.

There is a far greater chance they will close the game down than do a merge. They aren't even interested in trying to add micro-transactions which shows they have given up on even trying to make the game more profitable. I would be amazed if the game has more than a couple of years left in it.

Move to Asura or just suck it up, merges aren't worth doing at this point.
    i been playing over a decade i know what and when are peak times for each region/time zone. regardless there should be more ppl to play with period.

playtime dont differ that much on different servers anyway. its not like a merge will bring 1000 ppl who all play at the same time... be logical.

ok so your opinion is "its not worth it". fine. however my point was that s.e needs to respond like they said they would. so i can make a decision.

micro-transactions or not, s.e has already said they will keep the game up until there is player interest. they have options and enough ppl playing for 3-5 servers. they will server merge before they fully quit updating. its just a matter of when.

even so ... when that happens i still give it a a few years to die. which is enough for me.

so im just waiting for s.e to make an announcement on the subject. they want to evaluate and come to a conclusion. i just dont want it to be too late where we are much worse off than we are now.
    (0)

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast