Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aisu View Post
    How do you know the two largest servers are doing well?
    Earlier in this thread Olor stated they hadn't seen any congestion at all for at least the past year. Likewise, detlef said almost everything he's read about the server's conditions has been positive. I don't spend a great deal of time browsing FFXI forums, but I've spent enough time on them to know if the conditions there were problematic we would have heard much more about it by now. In my experience, Asura's more vocal players tend to give off the impression of being a rather content group.

As Castanica pointed out, players want to be on larger servers, they "are moving by their own volition and planning to ODIN and Asura, nobody is making them do this." If, as you say, your friends on Asura are doing nothing but complaining maybe you should all take his advice and have them transfer to one that would be more to their/your liking. I hear Cerberus is a nice, quiet world.

Yes i do agree with this but the fact still remains Until They actually change it to where the current population on servers aren't already causing issues for many people. Just adding more people will just make it worst.
    See, we at least agree that change is constant. Now forgive me for sounding a bit idealistic for a moment, but as a member of this community you are capable of bringing about some of that change. The development team does, in fact, pay attention to what we are saying and doing. Are you going to sit idly by and watch Final Fantasy XI fizzle out over time or are you going to discuss possible solutions to its current shortcomings, potentially bringing attention to concerns the development staff may be able address?
    (0)

Character
    Clairefeld
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
    See, we at least agree that change is constant. Now forgive me for sounding a bit idealistic for a moment, but as a member of this community you are capable of bringing about some of that change. The development team does, in fact, pay attention to what we are saying and doing. Are you going to sit idly by and watch Final Fantasy XI fizzle out over time or are you going to discuss possible solutions to its current shortcomings, potentially bringing attention to concerns the development staff may be able address?
    Yes as a community member i do want change and understand that we can make change if SE's listens so telling them that to fix the issue is to merge servers is far from helping this game. It will make it worst and not actually telling SE the issues and trying to mask the situation with a merge isn't what i want. Yes a bigger community is better if the game was designed around it which FFXI isn't anymore. When FFXI started to lose a lot of its playerbase they started to develop new content for low man groups. They changed older content to low man groups, What this means is more groups can attempt this because you don't need to find a ton of people to do it anymore. Most content has no real limits like the game use to have like the 3 day waits for events that only lasted a few hours, This is not 2007. Like you said the game has changed and the game can change again BUT in it's current state it is not in a good position to merge. Before they even think about merging they would have to fix the game itself where people won't be locked out or have to fight over pop spots. Which is causeing many issues as I hear it a lot from others so it surprises me why some people can't see the issues it will bring when there are already issues on low populated worlds.

If they don't fix those issues before merging then they are just going to make it worst for the majority of players that want to get gear and actually want to do stuff instead of being told "No! You can't do that because too many people are stopping you from doing this here and now". Now spend your time spamming this book and waste your time for no good reason because a few players want to have more people to talk to and be able to form parties a little faster and then can't do what they formed the party for to begin with because too many people on at the same time is stopping them and wasting their time for no good reason.

I want a merge if SE changes the current state of game i really do but in its current state no thank you. Many agree with me and many people who had the same view as yours who i explained this to understood my opinion and completely agreed once they thought it through which is why it is baffling me as to why you are so determined to make the game play worst for many because you want more people to talk to.
    (0)

Character
    Clairefeld
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    After a lot of people had been kicked off due to mass issues of D/Cs the server had 250 players on and i still had issues to get in i formed a full 6 man party which i might add took me literally 2 mins to do. When i searched Legion this is what i saw

1 party of 3 and 8 people soloing. Even though i was willing to make a party when i didn't need to since i have already soloed this just fine earlier. Yes it is faster with more people and it saves instances for more groups to do it with but most won't and these are some of the issues SE needs to fix about their game before they even think about merging.
    (0)

All Square had to do was limit how often you could enter because most of the issues are with a small number of hardcore people spamming it to death. 5 entries per day would of been more than adequate, I really don't get what they were thinking to make zero limitations.

Also I have to point out that doing a kill solo with trusts > going in with 6 random people.
    (0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Castanica View Post
    All Square had to do was limit how often you could enter because most of the issues are with a small number of hardcore people spamming it to death. 5 entries per day would of been more than adequate, I really don't get what they were thinking to make zero limitations.

Also I have to point out that doing a kill solo with trusts > going in with 6 random people.

I think unlimited entries is fine. But it needs multiple entrances, and multiple battlefield zones.

Some people want to challenge the Very Difficult mode. They might wipe out multiple times, while trying to find the best strategy. It is new content, people will want to try out optimum strategies. This requires multiple attempts. SE have tried to encourage people to try the Very Difficult mode battles, and for this to be possible there has to be the option of entering lots of times when the whole group are online and available. People play on different days and times, if you get your friends together at a certain day/times, you want to hit the event hard for as long as possible.

Also allowing Copper-vouchers conversion to Hallmarks, 1:25 or something, would cut down a lot of congestion at entrance sites. As people who only wanted one cape or another single item, could buy their item by converting vouchers to Hallmarks. This would leave the entrance free for parties who actually want to do the battles.
    (1)
    Last edited by Stompa; 04-07-2016 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Brevity and errors.

Character
    Keido
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Stop allowing SOLO entries in new things. ITS A MMORPG!! First month make it so people actually need 6 players to enter and then release it to the solo crowd. Makes no sense to keep limiting content so people can go solo things with trusts in a MMO. I am not sure why people even play if they dont want to play with other people.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Keido View Post
    Stop allowing SOLO entries in new things. ITS A MMORPG!! First month make it so people actually need 6 players to enter and then release it to the solo crowd. Makes no sense to keep limiting content so people can go solo things with trusts in a MMO. I am not sure why people even play if they dont want to play with other people.
    The majority disagree with you because if they didn't nobody would have trusts at all, what you class as an mmo is not relevant and just your personal preference.

Again the problem isn't allowing people to solo it, that's fine and a great addition. The problem is unlimited access to a limited resource.
    (1)

Character
    Keido
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Castanica View Post
    The majority disagree with you because if they didn't nobody would have trusts at all, what you class as an mmo is not relevant and just your personal preference.

Again the problem isn't allowing people to solo it, that's fine and a great addition. The problem is unlimited access to a limited resource.
    I disagree with you. There is no more community and people are actively punished for wanting to play with their friends or their linkshell? Make little to no sense to me. I agree that resource limitation could help as well but why not just release new content with a party minimum rather than watch instances get destroyed by people that cant or wont play with other people? Its not insane to party up and work together. It isn't a new concept.

Or they can make other instances if you want to party go to Selbina if you want to solo go to Mhaura.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Keido View Post
    I disagree with you. There is no more community and people are actively punished for wanting to play with their friends or their linkshell? Make little to no sense to me. I agree that resource limitation could help as well but why not just release new content with a party minimum rather than watch instances get destroyed by people that cant or wont play with other people? Its not insane to party up and work together. It isn't a new concept.

Or they can make other instances if you want to party go to Selbina if you want to solo go to Mhaura.

People who want to play with friends are already rewarded above and beyond players who can't or don't want to do that though (they have access to the whole content from the game and they get better rewards for less effort), a solo player has a far longer grind for the same reward and have access to a much smaller minority of content and gear. I don't get how they would ever feel punished when they are the kings of the game (or is waiting a 10-20 minutes to enter such a punishment as to bar the evil other from accessing content completely?)

Here is the reality of the situation, if you make this party only content then you aren't forcing these people to group up because that's not how peoples minds work these days, they just won't do it at all and although that's great for "group orientated players" and gives them the playground to themselves it means the other players get nothing from this update and when they are paying for the service and the updates were offered in order to keep them here that's not going to work.

As for the last part, the problem isn't the starting npc, the book or the starting zone. The problem is how FFXI does this kind of content, each bcnm area isn't a single zone it's a massive zone with multiple copies of the area side by side (with enough distance between to give the illusion of being separate), that's just how this stuff is done in this game. If you were to use some program to slide your character across you would zoom across multiple other groups in their bcnm areas too.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Trusts aren't intended just for soloers and soloers aren't the only ones who use trusts. I already explained to you in another thread that a daily limit is a non-starter when players have a single month to earn enough hallmarks to buy the limited access gear. Your best response to that was "I don't think the gear is that good anyway," which is laughable. I don't know to what degree soloers clog the zone up but they do, taking up a valuable slot to earn fewer rewards per person while occupying the zone longer to do it. Even something as minor as having to team up with one other person, or better yet 2 other people would go a long way.
    (2)

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast