Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

With the closure of console XI are we going ot see the caps raised on unity / ls?

Right now we have a problem with one unity being better than all the rest, which means almost everyone goes to that and so can't complete unity communication objectives. Linkshells have fairly low caps etc.

Will these be increased now that the console support is ending?
    (0)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    There are an extremely high number of things of this nature that could be investigated now, except that dev time is being wasted on mounts.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    There are an extremely high number of things of this nature that could be investigated now, except that dev time is being wasted on mounts.
    I don't mind the new mounts, if they are going to be like on every other mmo where you can use them anytime you want at the press of a button without limits. If they are just a reworked choco raising mount, well nobody will bother with it.
    (0)

I don't think the chat limits are a client limitation, but a server limitation. I don't have a source on this, but I think it came from one of the community reps. That's not to say it can't happen, though.

They could also solve the problem by making non-unity equivalents to Sylvie and Apururu.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm not sure how console support ending changes anything? It doesn't suddenly mean they're going to make all kinds of changes they didn't want to make prior to this happening.

This is an issue that needs to be addressed, of course. I'm just not sure how console support ending means they're suddenly going to do some random thing they haven't done yet.

As others wrote, this is probably not directly a console limitation but rather a limitation of how the system was designed in the server program.
    (0)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I'm not sure how console support ending changes anything? It doesn't suddenly mean they're going to make all kinds of changes they didn't want to make prior to this happening.

This is an issue that needs to be addressed, of course. I'm just not sure how console support ending means they're suddenly going to do some random thing they haven't done yet.

As others wrote, this is probably not directly a console limitation but rather a limitation of how the system was designed in the server program.
    You've made it very apparent time and again you have no idea what is involved in making a game of this nature.
    (4)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    You've made it very apparent time and again you have no idea what is involved in making a game of this nature.
    Would you care to quote all those times? Because the funny thing is I am in game development and I most definitely do have an idea.

I'd also like to see you demonstrate you have the actual knowledge of exactly how SE's software works to say something more than just insulting me for no reason.

Because all I see here is someone optimistic that just because console support is ending, the whole game must be magically fixable and all the changes we've ever wanted are going to happen, when that just isn't the case.

Your post is rude and defamatory when I've done nothing to provoke it and your assertion is baseless. There are many systems in the game with technical limitations, where those technical limitations aren't purely because of the lack of memory or other specs on the consoles but rather how those systems were designed at the core. The devs have talked to us about some of these, like the loading time for your inventories when you change areas, for instance.
    (3)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-29-2016 at 09:15 AM.

I think the reason why people expect a lot of fixes is because in the past the reason we were given we cannot have said fixes was "ps2 limitations" ^^
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cesil View Post
    I think the reason why people expect a lot of fixes is because in the past the reason we were given we cannot have said fixes was "ps2 limitations" ^^
    I understand that, but as far as I'm aware, this particular issue isn't an example of that. If it is, I've not seen them say so officially. All we know is that the unity chats are essentially "official" linkshells, and thus have the same limitations as the linkshell system. Whether or not the linkshell system was limited to 128 users because PS2 is unclear.
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Nothing is going to change, we still have PS2 limitations. To me it seems Japan still keeps FFXI PS2 access based on info shown here:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ation+%28NA%29

As it specifically says: "PlayStation 2"(NA Only) and Xbox 360 service for FINAL FANTASY XI will end on Thursday, March 31, 2016, at 7:00 (PDT) / 14:00 (GMT).
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast