Character
    Cheyrn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

crafting moghancement + storage

I think the answer is yes, but if I want to have crafting skill moghancement from a spinning wheel, to make that dominant can I add equal strength opposing element or equal strengith different element moghancement furniture so that they cancel each other out, as opposed to removing everything but the gp item? Or, how can I have storage from items and also the crafting moghancement?
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Normally the way it works is that it first looks at the strongest element in the room (earth, water, etc) and then the strongest aura of that element. Say if your spinning wheel was 5 and some other piece was 8 (I'm not looking it up, just giving examples), then that other piece would be your dominant aura and thus your moghancement. The best way to keep the crafting ones active is to make the craft stall for your guild; not only do they give a large boost to your crafting skill, but they have a pretty high aura, which will go a long way to ensuring you keep that Moghancement active.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Cheyrn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Ok, I tried this and the result is no moghancement. I used these furniture items:

Spinning wheel (earth/clothcraft strength 5 according to some web page)
    2 chests (water strength 2x4 = 8 according to some web page)
    Red jar + Festival dolls (fire strength 5+3 = 8 according to some web page)

So, to have clothcrafting moghancement with a spinning wheel only, I gather that you can only add a combination of other furniture that combined are less than strength 5.

For example: Earth/clothcraft 5 + Water 3 + Fire 3 = Clothcraft moghancement.

For example: Earth/clothcraft 5 + Water 8 + Fire 8 = no moghancement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I understand that idea. But, if I want to have the spinning wheel, for now, be the dominant moghancing furniture item, can I add opposing element furniture to cancel each other out. For example:

Spinning wheel (Earth affinity moghancement clothcraft) supposedly strength 5
    Furniture item 2 (moghancement fire) supposedly strength 10
    Furniture item 3 (moghancement ice) supposedly strength 10

The idea being that fire and ice have equal strength, so neither is stronger. Then would spinning wheel be left as dominant?
    (0)
    Last edited by cheyrn; 03-27-2016 at 03:25 AM.

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    It doesn't work like that, unfortunately. You have to have earth be the strongest. I'm not sure how it works out with a tie, but I imagine that the Red Jar would probably be the dominant aura here. You'd want to add more earth-element ones that are no stronger than 5 to get the Spinning Wheel bonus.

Again, I recommend you get the stall. You'll get a better version of the Moghancement you want, and it has a stronger aura so it doesn't mess up your mog house placement.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Cheyrn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    After doing the experiments above, I didn't see it at first but I found a solution.

To have the spinning wheel be dominant, and have storage greater than the spinning wheel, you just have to have no single earth item be greater than 5. Right now I have this:

Spinning wheel (earth/clothcraft) 5
    Yellow jar x5 (earth) 5x4=20 (or, really just 4)

The result is moghancement clothcraft. The same should work for other items.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    That's exactly what I've been saying this whole time. :P You need to make earth the dominant element (you have a total of 24 earth aura between the five jars and the spinning wheel, which gives you a lot of leeway on other spots, like a Pantiere to cover 65 storage slots), and then your spinning wheel needs to be the strongest aura of that element.

That being said, definitely work up towards the stall, it'll save you a headache and your MH won't have to be full of pots.
    (0)