Hybrid View

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Dark Knight and the Dev Team

Since the dev's seem to be talking about possible changes with Corsair rolls etc, could we get some Dev feed back or a moderator assurance that the suggestions in the Dark Knight thread (the official proposition thread) are being looked at?

Or that they are aware how terrible the job is in its current state?

Putting this in the general area so it can be easier seen as I doubt in the crypts of the Dark Knight forums the dev's /ever/ go there or that it would see the light of day otherwise.
    (11)

You may want to include a reminder of what drk was, since they probably forgot.
    (2)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urteil View Post
    Or that they are aware how terrible the job is in its current state?
    And what exactly is this terrible state you're refuring to?
    How bad can a job be when it can one shot an IT without add death?
    (0)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    I pray with every atom in my body, and ether in my soul, you are being facetious.

The problem with Dark Knight is a lack of abilities that holster its damage dealing and survival capabilities. The job has no survival options while other jobs do, Ninja, Thief etc ...every other martial job ever. . . .

Dark Knight has the following JA's:

Blood Weapon - Make this usable with 2 handed weapons only, and a 10 minute ability, meritable down to 8 minutes. I think after 8+ years its time we got a real two hour, because if you did this it would start fix the HUGE problem below:

Souleater - Should be renamed to; Hold my hand while I minimally increase my damage and require another job to cure me, while every other job in the game has no JA which kills them and requires somebody else to be present to work at 100% efficiency.
    The only one I can think of that 'requires' somebody else is Sneak Attack/Trick Attack, and even then it doesn't kill you.

Last Resort - Mock Berserk with a neat haste effect, that wears off before I can not regret spending 500k exp into merits circa 2008.

Arcane Circle - Whatever.

Weapon Bash - Good, I guess. Why does the Samurai one have Plague . . . I honestly think the development team is on hard drugs.

Dark Seal - Yea this is great, for all those dark magic spells with cool debuffs and that do large amounts of damage I don't have.

Nether Void - Did you fire the guy that gave us this? For doing the right thing?

Aracane Crest - Fuck you, Square Enix. Is this a sick joke?

While survival is not what Dark Knight should be striving for it needs a little bit of help in this department, ESPECIALLY since our ability to put on the hurt doesn't even come close with our ability to die.

Sure I can macro on 42% PDT on my DRK and swing Caladbolg around in ATK/VIT Ws gear, and I can macro shadows and play the Utsusemi Roulette, however there is nothing nativley to the job that really gives it an edge in.....anything.

Not only that but Dread Spikes has a horrible duration, and isn't nearly as strong as it should be when you think about what other jobs have COUGH, BLUE MAGE, COUGH.

We should have had Drain III a long time ago with Drain and Aspir II popping up in the 50's. Considering anything worth a shit resists them anyway or is darkness based.

TLDR; We either need a drastic boost to damage to make up for how crappy our self sufficiency is, or we need a way to stay alive longer through spells, job abilities or defensive tweaks, and or some more expansive dark magic.

Its really stupid how well other jobs can pull it off, I'd settle for just a fraction of that especially when I see Blue Mages running around QC'ing things for 5k damage, then curing themselves, then spamming Cocaine-Blink.

You really can't do something as tiny, as meaningless as giving us Drain III, or make Torcleaver a crit WS, or a crit WS in general, and then you made Sanguine Blade a Sword WS. . .

What the shit is wrong with you SE?
    (11)
    Last edited by Urteil; 04-09-2011 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Formatting

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Urteil

The problem with Dark Knight is a lack of abilities that holster its damage dealing and survival capabilities. The job has no survival options while other jobs do, Ninja, Thief etc ...every other martial job ever.
    What's the commonality of all the jobs you just listed.

Oh that's right they are all 1H DDs.

2H DDs get 3 ATT for every 4 STR and 3 ACC for every 4 DEX. So now you want them to be more damaging than 1H jobs *and* have the enhanced survivability that 1H jobs have as well?

Tell you what, you can have enhanced survivability if 1H jobs can have the same 4:3 ATT/ACC calculation 2H jobs get.
    (1)

Character
    Horovivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    All I know is, I couldnt kill Rani with a brew on DRK and I took my naked underlvled club WHM and whipped Rani and still had enough time to kill the cactus when I was done, there is something terribly wrong.
    (0)

Character
    Ramsos
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    DRK just got tactical parry, how much more of a buff do you want?!
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsos View Post
    DRK just got tactical parry
    Job's fixed guys, there is obviously absolutely nothing wrong with DRK when SE is just handing out superflous job traits to pad the list because the job is clearly in the best situation it has ever been since the game's inception, I don't understand why you people can't see this.
    (0)

Character
    Siiri
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    Job's fixed guys, there is obviously absolutely nothing wrong with DRK when SE is just handing out superflous job traits to pad the list because the job is clearly in the best situation it has ever been since the game's inception, I don't understand why you people can't see this.
    What's sad is the dev team so out of touch and whiffs so bad on every drk update they may actually think its fine.
    (0)

Character
    Ramsos
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    Glad to see someone else noticed!

In all seriousness, at the very least they need to give drk a decent multi-hit critical WS. Atm, the only thing drk has that lets them even remotely come close to another DD is torcleaver. Torcleaver is a fine WS, but wtf @ having to stack VIT for a drk ws? On that note, wtf @ mnd mods on just about every scythe ws?
    (0)

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast