Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamasala View Post
    If you ask me, SE should have been boring and given all jobs same set of WSes. Not entirely of course, but things like:

All weapons having a stun WS.
    All weapons having a multi hit crit WS.
    All weapons having a MP drain WS.
    etc.

That way nobody could ever really complain that SE missed giving them a vital WS. (Since all weapons would have different elemental WSes, I guess you could complain on your element)
    That would seriously gimp jobs that use low damage weapons like THF. They need WS with higher mods to keep up.
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Can we get rid of the sarcasm? How can you be surprised SE is not fixing drk? Many people sound like the job is fine.
    (stopped reading after first page)
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Anyone who thinks the job is fine is not a career DRK.

Anyone who claims DRK is fine and is also a career DRK is lying, an idiot, or fooling themselves.

There is a huge topic on the Dark Knight forums. Two in fact, that I made, that explains what modifications the job needs in order to catch up. So far having 2 stances (like Hasso and Seigan), one for Melee stuff and one for magic stuff. Melee, we get a longer Last resort duration, stronger perry, higher crits, but weaker and slower Dark Magic. Magic stance would work the opposite way.

We're not overbuffed, everyone's happy, and no more DRK fail.

If anyone, including forum staff, is interested in what topic I and Urteil mentioned, here it is:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ggestion-topic.

I seriously hope SOMETHING gets done.
    (4)
    Last edited by Kagato; 04-11-2011 at 12:03 PM.

It is hard to think something is wrong with DRK when so many claims the solution is a multi hit crit WS. That just makes it sound like you get less out of razed ruin atma and that is all.
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagato View Post
    Anyone who thinks the job is fine is not a career DRK.

Anyone who claims DRK is fine and is also a career DRK is lying, an idiot, or fooling themselves.

There is a huge topic on the Dark Knight forums. Two in fact, that I made, that explains what modifications the job needs in order to catch up. So far having 2 stances (like Hasso and Seigan), one for Melee stuff and one for magic stuff. Melee, we get a longer Last resort duration, stronger perry, higher crits, but weaker and slower Dark Magic. Magic stance would work the opposite way.

We're not overbuffed, everyone's happy, and no more DRK fail.

If anyone, including forum staff, is interested in what topic I and Urteil mentioned, here it is:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ggestion-topic.

I seriously hope SOMETHING gets done.
    I know drk needs big updating, PLD does too but the comments I ran into sounds conflicting and confusing.

comment to general not to you Kagato:

limit or get rid of sarcasm please, I do not think it passes well to some people and people to other languages.

like comment on drk is OP because added effect can kill mobs, really? no that is not right.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Player
    Kind of sucks that souleater is gimped on anything that matters
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post
    limit or get rid of sarcasm please, I do not think it passes well to some people and people to other languages.
    What other languages are reading the English board O.o
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Flunklesnarkin View Post
    Kind of sucks that souleater is gimped on anything that matters
    Can kinda blame the Kraken Club for that. :/
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post
    Can we get rid of the sarcasm? How can you be surprised SE is not fixing drk? Many people sound like the job is fine.
    (stopped reading after first page)
    Please stop posting rambus.. you bring no value to the discussion.
    (1)

Character
    Taint
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    A crit WS only starts to fix DRKs problems. They are also the only melee job that doesn't have JA or trait to enhance WS frequency and DoT. Jumps,Hasso,STP,DA,TA,DW,MA,Counter,Retaliation,SATA,Pets,Zanshin are all spread across melee jobs to help their output and to help their WS frequency. Before the haste cap a top DRK could hit 86% during LR which gave it a slight edge for 30 seconds every 4:10 but now that thats gone DRK it left swinging the slowest weapons and using the worst WSs. Torclever might be a decent WS but compare it to any other Emp and its down right crappy and a lot of that has to do with the jobs that can use it. Anyone that says DRK is fine inside or out of abyssea is just trying to cockblock any attempt to get it fixed.
    (3)
    Cerberus - Armada
    90poc
    90masa
    85Kannagi

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast