Character
    Rayik
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Jar View Post
    i brag about having a job merited too

and if that gimp war your talking about is better than your "fully geared" DRK you are doing it wrong.
    I didn't say it was "better". I said it people would rather have it, due to having all red procs. Try actually reading a post before you quote it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rayik; 04-19-2011 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayik View Post
    I didn't say it was "better". I said it people would rather have it, due to having all red procs. Try actually reading a post before you quote it.
    You ask for the impossible, good sir.
    (2)

Character
    Rayik
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagato View Post
    You ask for the impossible, good sir.
    Yep, I realize that. Never hurts to try, though.

Heck, maybe the Developers will see all the poo-flinging as an even bigger sign that DRK needs an update. Considering everyone here(apparently) is, or has been a serious DRK at some point, and even we can't come to an agreement on where DRK stands, shows the fluxed state the job is in. My DRK pales in comparison to some of the others in this thread, but that doesn't mean I don't love the job and care about what direction SE takes it.
    (0)

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jar View Post
    you sir GREATLY underestimate /sam...................
    Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    /facepalm - the lack of game mechanic knowledge in the DRK forum is exactly why the job will be left in the dungeon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unctgtg View Post
    Agreed Taint.
    I never said /SAM was worse all i'm saying is that people overlook /THF ALOT...

I mean in constant melee yes /SAM will win i use it, it utter wrecks /THF i mean look by the time you go to sneak attack a mob try and an 8k WS it's prolly gonna be half dead and it's a waste of time.
    Maybe if u could line up SA at liek 90% of the mobs HP there would be room for work crap out but the fact Sneak attack takes time to line up while a /SAM is WSing and gaining another 30-40 tp just makes me /shrug i'll go /SAM.

But when it comes to NM i have found it has done far more damage because once we stagger red we try to do as much DMG as we can and the mob lasts like 10-30 secs so 1 300% Torcleaver will usally beat w/e would of done on /SAM in that time. (SA is easy to line up on terrored mobs)

Honestly disagree or w/e but it's not like i haven't tried /SAM and /THF alot i a never just use one.

As a side note if i was using Cala i'd use /SAM over /THF because the aftermath at 300% tp is a beast for DRK. (i'm using espafut +2)

Either way i use /THF for spiking my DMG over a short time and to gain access to dagger staggers if needed
    and i use /SAM when i focus on Damage over time because like you all pointed out it wrecks /THF.

If trying to be versatile on one job is wrong i'm sorry.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rezeak; 04-20-2011 at 03:08 AM.
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Quote Originally Posted by Rezeak View Post
    I never said /SAM was worse all i'm saying is that people overlook /THF ALOT...

I mean in constant melee yes /SAM will win i use it, it utter wrecks /THF i mean look by the time you go to sneak attack a mob try and an 8k WS it's prolly gonna be half dead and it's a waste of time.
    Maybe if u could line up SA at liek 90% of the mobs HP there would be room for work crap out but the fact Sneak attack takes time to line up while a /SAM is WSing and gaining another 30-40 tp just makes me /shrug i'll go /SAM.

But when it comes to NM i have found it has done far more damage because once we stagger red we try to do as much DMG as we can and the mob lasts like 10-30 secs so 1 300% Torcleaver will usally beat w/e would of done on /SAM in that time. (SA is easy to line up on terrored mobs)

Honestly disagree or w/e but it's not like i haven't tried /SAM and /THF alot i a never just use one.

As a side note if i was using Cala i'd use /SAM over /THF because the aftermath at 300% tp is a beast for DRK. (i'm using espafut +2)

Either way i use /THF for spiking my DMG over a short time and to gain access to dagger staggers if needed
    and i use /SAM when i focus on Damage over time because like you all pointed out it wrecks /THF.

If trying to be versatile on one job is wrong i'm sorry.
    I can understand your side, actually. It's just there really isn't many situations that call for DRK/THF anymore. I've actually gone to an Isegbind low-man fight as DRK/THF because we thought that the occasional SATA Spinning Slash would be good every now and then, but it eventually stopped because I was too busy on stun duty anyway.

However, when a DRK isn't really DDing much and is mostly on Stun/WS duty, it's never a good idea to be /SAM due to the longer recast times. In a low-man run against something that casts -ga spells frequently, having Stun be ready in 30 seconds is better than having it ready in 1 minute. But typically I go to those types of events as /NIN.

So while I agree DRK/THF isn't really amazing much anymore, I would totally understand if you went to a NM as one. Just be sure to have some good regain atmas on to help proc or do your Spinning Slash frequently.
    (2)

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I'm using Torcleaver and yeah i'll use VV RR and Sea daughter (if i'm needed to stun i'll use Griffinclaw)

Either way thx for your reply i mean yea it situational and in my linkshell it works.

I think what alot of people miss is in abyssea the game is different from Linkshell to Linkshell and Mob to Mob i'm almost never in a situation where i'm needed to constantly melee so when pple throw up math that relates to that just makes me /facepalm cause it's not relative.

The only time this was relative to me was when i exped on DRK for the day they increased the lvl cap.

Basically noone i play with is going o Rezeak u don't understand DRK when i'm taking huge chunks out of NMs with well timed 6-16K Torcleavers (8k + 8k SC DMG)

Anyway saying that it's not like i play DRK/THF 100% of the time i also have my 5 Hit OAT/Def down Scythe build and my 6 Hit Torcleaver build (Espafut+2 delay) on /SAM there is a time and place for everything.
    (0)
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

7. 04-20-2011 12:47 PM
    Reason
    Content was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

I haven't made a def. down scythe myself so I really have nothing to say on that, but that OAT scythe looks good. Already was on my way to making one, but I quit since soloing Hippogryphs at 80 in Grauberg was too difficult. I could probably do it now, easy, but I just never really had any incentive to just yet. Too focused on getting armors and empyreans and just finishing a simple TP and WS set. From there I'll branch out and get more situational gears.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kagato; 04-20-2011 at 05:18 PM.

Character
    Gradd
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    Using stun recast timer as an excuse not to /sam because you are on stun duty is retarded. Its called don't use Seigan/Hasso Problem solved.

DRK/THF is horrible even at 75 it was garbage, its for Epeen nothing more nothing less.

/MNK will beat /NIN if you are put into a situation where you are suddenly tanking as well.
    (0)

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gradd View Post
    Using stun recast timer as an excuse not to /sam because you are on stun duty is retarded. Its called don't use Seigan/Hasso Problem solved.

DRK/THF is horrible even at 75 it was garbage, its for Epeen nothing more nothing less.

/MNK will beat /NIN if you are put into a situation where you are suddenly tanking as well.
    DRK/THF for me was useful even at 75.

In Xarc.
    I found after nearly 40-50 Dyna X runs DRK/THF beat my DRK/SAM in there infact it parsed as the highest DD or top 3 most of time i mean sure you can bash it but honestly if it's beating usukane SAMs and Ares WARs so it really comes down to this for me either all the all the WARs and SAMs that have played for 6 years at the time didn't know there job or DRK/THF acully functioned well.

On some Sea and Sky god it functioned well but after the STR = 0.75 attack thingy /SAM and /THF became so close /SAM won cause u didn't need to line up SATA unless we were slaming hate on 2 PLDs and i still went /THF for fun on Kirin.

Some ZNM /THF functioned well cause u could build TP on other mobs and just WS.

Anyway in my opinion it is situational and to overlook it would be silly.

Either way we just disagree as i said i have had experiences of it out performing /SAM through parses and such and yes it was extremely situational.

On another topic the OAT scythe isn't worth doing atm in abyssea you can get triple attack atmas which make the regular scythes perform better but outside it's pretty beastly considering it now has 96 base DMG ^^
    (0)
    Last edited by Rezeak; 04-21-2011 at 05:41 AM.

Character
    Horovivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    And what exactly is this terrible state you're refuring to?
    How bad can a job be when it can one shot an IT without add death?
    All I know is, I couldnt kill Rani with a brew on DRK and I took my naked underlvled club WHM and whipped Rani and still had enough time to kill the cactus when I was done, there is something terribly wrong.
    (0)

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast