Character
    Darkhelmet
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Can we get a Phantom Roll+ on Death Penalty

I've been on the fence about making an M/E for COR since I enjoy the job so much even though I just started it recently, but one thing I find odd is that the DP doesn't have Phantom Roll potency on it.

The Gjallarhorn had a (at the time) massive buff to songs with the All Songs +4, not sure if that still holds up today, but still.

The Idris has a massive buff to Geomancy that can't be replicated anywhere else.

Where is the love for COR? Can we just put some Phantom Roll potency on Death Penalty?
    (1)

I'm Catmato and I support this message.
    (1)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    DP on cor is a lot of fun even without roll potency, although potency would be nice. With that being said emps did just get a massive boost and you might do well to make armageddon at the moment.
    (0)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    They won't boost mystics in any way. They've already stated this after the insult that was the February update. Empyreans got an insanely larger boost than mythic did, to make up for the fact that it's 'harder' to make them, despite the fact that mythics are supposed to be better weapons.

If Squeenix can't even fix the issues with the SMN 119 III mythic being no better than the 119 I, or in some situations worse than non RME, what makes you think they're going to actually do something nice for COR?

I was halfway through making a Death Penalty. I quit.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhelmet View Post
    I've been on the fence about making an M/E for COR since I enjoy the job so much even though I just started it recently, but one thing I find odd is that the DP doesn't have Phantom Roll potency on it.

The Gjallarhorn had a (at the time) massive buff to songs with the All Songs +4, not sure if that still holds up today, but still.

The Idris has a massive buff to Geomancy that can't be replicated anywhere else.

Where is the love for COR? Can we just put some Phantom Roll potency on Death Penalty?
    Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    They won't boost mystics in any way. They've already stated this after the insult that was the February update. Empyreans got an insanely larger boost than mythic did, to make up for the fact that it's 'harder' to make them, despite the fact that mythics are supposed to be better weapons.

If Squeenix can't even fix the issues with the SMN 119 III mythic being no better than the 119 I, or in some situations worse than non RME, what makes you think they're going to actually do something nice for COR?

I was halfway through making a Death Penalty. I quit.
    DP is still a pretty powerful weapon these days, compare with a few years ago when leaden salute was bad, DP is damn good these days IMO.

The value of DP is especially noticeable when using death rotation BLM setup in high level content. Doing Distortion > leaden salute > MB death would result significant DPS increase per MB compare to gravitation > MB death. In some cases 1 COR's DPS could be equal or greater than 1 BLM if it's properly buffed and wing rotations are setup properly.

That being said, without the extra macc and damage from DPIII, COR's output won't weight as much in the alliance.

Since damage and kill speed could be an issue on WoC/T4, and most group uses COR anyways, DP(which is the best leaden salute gun) is definitely a top tier endgame weapon. Not as game changing as Idris, but still better than most other DD weapon which probably aren't useful in high level endgame anyways.

Gjallarhorn and Idris aren't DD weapons. Atm I think it'd be a bit too broken to add buff potency on DP.

Edit: Also someone mentioned COR empy, it's also a pretty solid choice for COR. But it's generally more useful in mid-tier content where you may need WF or extra racc to hit stuff. On WoC and some T4 where people do BLM death rotation often, DP is the way to go.
    (0)
    Last edited by Afania; 05-23-2016 at 08:14 PM.